Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• we've waited long enough, now's the time to act!

at the next home game i suggest a mass suicide protest, waco style. that'll teach them, we're not to be messed with?
  • [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]we've waited long enough, now's the time to act!

at the next home game i suggest a mass suicide protest, waco style. that'll teach them, we're not to be messed with?

You start, I'll follow. Promise
  • edited August 2009
    yep you first buddy
  • The ghost of Jim Jones will be our new chairman. I suggest murdering some lesser board members and a couple of local councillors. Then the whole of H & J block go out Jonestown style on Potassium Sulphate.
  • I dunno, I make the supreme sacrifice of spending nigh on ten hours in the pub, so that the club can the announcement and I can do my usual trick of missing all the excitement, and bog all happens.
  • Any news about a takeover at Charlton......?
  • [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Any news about a takeover at Charlton......?

News to me - where did you hear this?
  • Only thing of note is that this thread will reach 2000 post before anything happens !
  • [cite]Posted By: PeakieRocket[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Any news about a takeover at Charlton......?

News to me - where did you hear this?

A geezer down to pub told me that there was a takeover down at the valley. Apparently, the Glitstein's were up for selling out as they weren't prepared to invest in rebuilding the south stand. Any trooth in this..........?
  • Has the Club's value soared after back to back wins?
  • Sponsored links:

• Back from Brum.........
    What'd I miss ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Back from Brum.........
    What'd I miss ?

Zip really mog. Take a look at other takeover and Simeon Jackson thread. Lots of fun on there.
  • edited August 2009
    Are we just days away? (sorry if this has been posted before)

http://www.barnsleyone.com/article_template.php?seqno=791

so "according to the people he talks to the takeover should've been completed yesterday" (it this the most closest thing yet? Surely he MUST be referring to someone who is liasing with at our club with regards to Andy Gray's transfer.

Richard Murray? Phil Parkinson? potential new owners?
  • Days away from them pulling out of the Gray deal
  • Time running out on Andy Gray deal

Written by Mark Stokes on Friday 14th August 2009

It's been a long time since the Andy Gray story came up, but it could well be heading for a different conclusion.

Simon Davey has been hanging on for a few weeks, but with the season having started and the transfer window edging towards closure it appears to be getting to a time when the club will have to decide whether to bail on the Andy Gray move and go to pastures new.

Simon Davey, commenting on the situation said, "There is still a transfer embargo at Charlton on players coming in and out. Patience is wearing thin at the moment, but according to the people I speak to the takeover was meant to take place yesterday.

"As we get nearer the end of the transfer window we become a bit more impatient and might have to go to another target.

"We are very close to pulling the deal. At the end of the day we have to do the right thing for Barnsley Football Club. We haven't reached the line yet, but it is getting very close."

Bogdanovic has become a fans favourite and as a regular starter he has the self-confidence that he can get plenty of goals for the Reds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Start of another week !
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Start of another week !
    This is totally just hearsay on my part and not a wind up like last week.

There is a deal, it is still very much in the balance, Varney is brokering it, there is middle eastern money and Curbs will return (in some capacity) in 2010 if it goes through.

Just through someone who I was at a BBQ with who does business with PV (that part is not a wind up).

Enjoy the week of more speculation.
  • It will happen tomorrow, just not sure which tomorrow
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Start of another week !
    This is totally just hearsay on my part and not a wind up like last week.

There is a deal, it is still very much in the balance, Varney is brokering it, there is middle eastern money and Curbs will return (in some capacity) in 2010 if it goes through.

Just through someone who I was at a BBQ with who does business with PV (that part is not a wind up).

Enjoy the week of more speculation.

yeah right like we will ever believe you again

you broke my heart once i swore i wont let you do it again the pain is still there raw and burning you cheating barsteward ;-)
  • lol - i'm just passing on what i (really did) hear mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Just through someone who I was at a BBQ with who does business with PV

Yeah.Comes in once a week for a paper and his drum baccy. ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]lol - i'm just passing on what i (really did) hear mate.

Well we've all heard things WSS...doesn't make them true or, if true in essence, that it will ever come to fruition.
  • I know mate, I know.
  • So nothing new then?
  • It's only 9.30 Rothko.......a little too early for the rumour mill to kick into full swing me thinks.
  • Ok this thread is currently at 1082. prediction league, what will it be at mid-day BST on Wednesday?

• Given what I have heard this morning, I would say that there will be about 1,500 by noon on Wednesday and about 3,000 a couple of hours later.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Given what I have heard this morning, I would say that there will be about 1,500 by noon on Wednesday and about 3,000 a couple of hours later.

and you've heard what?
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Given what I have heard this morning, I would say that there will be about 1,500 by noon on Wednesday and about 3,000 a couple of hours later.

Errrrr.............. thank you Chizz...............I think!??!