Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• charlton34678news1.jpg

Ok.I may have been wrong about them swanning about and not taking the T/Over too seriously.
    Look at Derek.You could carry the shopping home with the bags under his eyes!
  • For a moment I thought that was Sir Alex Ferguson above the floating woman-head... and Murray... is looking quite insane.
  • At post 1732, I thought I would just remind every one of post no.1

>>charltonfanCommentTimeJun 18th 2009 quote# 1
    i know everyone has heard a rumour reguarding takeover,but ive heard somthing interesting in the last half an hour or so,that the deal will be done tomorrow and that paul ince will be the new manager >>
  • Yeah? Is that at me Kap10?

Or did I ninja you?
  • ok so why all the cloak and dagger from the club re the possible takeover.

sure i can except that the finances need to be kept close the chest but is there any neccessity to keep the prospective buyers all hush hush? presumably if whoever is successful, then we'll know their identity and if their not, then why do they have to be kept out of the spotlight, is there something to hide? does the fact that there may be more than one bidder, make any difference either. takeovers and mergers go on all the time in business and identities aren't necessarily kept secret.

and why can't we be kept abreast with why there are delays. i'm not expecting " it's his fault " but surely there must be some method of conveying the problems without naming names?

or am i'm being too blind and should i just shrug my shoulders and say " typical charlton "?
  • [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]charlton34678news1.jpg

Ok.I may have been wrong about them swanning about and not taking the T/Over too seriously.
    Look at Derek.You could carry the shopping home with the bags under his eyes!
    Well f*** me sideways. I had a site meeting at our new offices today to discuss the fit-out. The site manager is the spitting image of Murray - knew he reminded me of someone but couldn't put my finger on it. Shit, times must be hard if he's moonlighting as a fit-out manager on building sites!
  • Lets face it.. it aint gonna happen. We'd be better off believing in Father Christmas.
  • Pub tonight had sold out of pork scratchings, which leads me to suspect a Chinese consortium are in town.

FACT
  • [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]ok so why all the cloak and dagger from the club re the possible takeover.

sure i can except that the finances need to be kept close the chest but is there any neccessity to keep the prospective buyers all hush hush? presumably if whoever is successful, then we'll know their identity and if their not, then why do they have to be kept out of the spotlight, is there something to hide? does the fact that there may be more than one bidder, make any difference either. takeovers and mergers go on all the time in business and identities aren't necessarily kept secret.

and why can't we be kept abreast with why there are delays. i'm not expecting " it's his fault " but surely there must be some method of conveying the problems without naming names?

or am i'm being too blind and should i just shrug my shoulders and say " typical charlton "?

Why don't the board let the world and his mother know exactly what they are looking for from this deal.
    I'll have a scootch down the back of the sofa and see if i can find a couple of quid to help them out.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Pub tonight had sold out of pork scratchings, which leads me to suspect a Chinese consortium are in town.

FACT

Well there goes the Arab takeover then.............. Not sure it's good for the club going forward considering the swine flu issue.
  • Sponsored links:

• but think of the growth potential.... :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Lets face it.. it aint gonna happen. We'd be better off believing in Father Christmas.

The most sensible post on this thread bar none.

FACT.
  • Who wants a bet it doesnt happen today ?
  • [cite]Posted By: cafc1263[/cite]Who wants a bet it doesnt happen today ?
    ?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: PaddyP17[/cite]Yeah? Is that at me Kap10?

Or did I ninja you?[/quote]

Not at anyone, just looking back to see where it all began. As for Ninja ing me ---- ouch
  • I've joined this thread just because I didn't want to be left out.

I believe in takeovers. I know they happen. Though one has never happened to me I am hoping one day it will.
  • Well they definately sound like they are softening us up for the inevitable charlton let down in parkys interview.
    Are we the only club in the world that make being to top of the league seem depressing?
    Why does the OS just not concentrate on the team? Do you think it's because certain groups keep demanding updates that we have to run out the same old same old regarding the TO?
    Parky IMO should only have to talk about the team and how things are progressing such an injuries so on.

Come on parky fire us to 3 points tomorrow and let be what we will behind the scenes

COYR
  • Friday always seems a good day to announce it.
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Friday always seems a good day to announce it.

Yeah, coz every other takeover we've ever had has always gone through on a Friday.

;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Friday always seems a good day to announce it.

Yeah, coz every other takeover we've ever had has always gone through on a Friday.

;-)

Exactly.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Well they definately sound like they are softening us up for the inevitable charlton let down in parkys interview.
    Are we the only club in the world that make being to top of the league seem depressing?
    Why does the OS just not concentrate on the team? Do you think it's because certain groups keep demanding updates that we have to run out the same old same old regarding the TO?
    Parky IMO should only have to talk about the team and how things are progressing such an injuries so on.

Come on parky fire us to 3 points tomorrow and let be what we will behind the scenes

COYR

The communications staff ("they"?) don't know any more than you do, CAFCBourne, and they're certainly not being directed to lead the story in one direction or another. Media people ask Parky questions and he answers them - that is all!

As it's the only public comment that the club is making, I wouldn't complain about it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Well they definately sound like they are softening us up for the inevitable charlton let down in parkys interview.

COYR

The communications staff ("they"?) don't know any more than you do, CAFCBourne, and they're certainly not being directed to lead the story in one direction or another. Media people ask Parky questions and he answers them - that is all!

As it's the only public comment that the club is making, I wouldn't complain about it.

Sorry i think you have me wrong im not having a pop at the CS, but my view is nothing should come out other than offical statements from our side(directors if and when they are ready). The speculation is doing no good at what is a very good time to be a Charlton supporter football wise.

As far as I'm concerned he could answer "I'm not hear to talk about that" and move on. I feel Parky should only have to deal with team matters, without having to comment on the takeover.
    I may be wrong and maybe he wants to put these comments out.
  • [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]
    As far as I'm concerned he could answer "I'm not hear to talk about that" and move on. I feel Parky should only have to deal with team matters, without having to comment on the takeover.

But it clearly impacts on team matters though. Until it is resolved, he has no clue at what level he make any signings, if any, or who he might have to sell in a hurry, and then replace with loans. I bet it is a nightmare for him as he has no idea where to concentrate his attention, scouting and groundwork.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]

But it clearly impacts on team matters though. Until it is resolved, he has no clue at what level he make any signings, if any, or who he might have to sell in a hurry, and then replace with loans. I bet it is a nightmare for him as he has no idea where to concentrate his attention, scouting and groundwork.

Under the circumstances, he's doing a remarkable job.
  • To add to that, if Parky rebuffed any question about takeover Charlton would be accused of secrecy and something to hide.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]To add to that, if Parky rebuffed any question about takeover Charlton would be accused of secrecy and something to hide.

Spot on
  • Just seen on another site (606) that young Mambo has gone/is going on loan to Welling for 'work experience'. Does that mean that TO is done or nearing completion and Parky can get his new CB, seeing as he admitted we were short of cover. Or is it, as I suspect, a good move the Mambo and we will get a loanee after Tuesday?
  • [cite]Posted By: Redmidland[/cite]Just seen on another site (606) that young Mambo has gone/is going on loan to Welling for 'work experience'. Does that mean that TO is done or nearing completion and Parky can get his new CB, seeing as he admitted we were short of cover. Or is it, as I suspect, a good move the Mambo and we will get a loanee after Tuesday?

I expect it means the opposite. He is sending him out for some experience with some urgency as he could be the only cover we have.
  • [cite]Posted By: Redmidland[/cite]Just seen on another site (606) that young Mambo has gone/is going on loan to Welling for 'work experience'. Does that mean that TO is done or nearing completion and Parky can get his new CB, seeing as he admitted we were short of cover. Or is it, as I suspect, a good move the Mambo and we will get a loanee after Tuesday?

There are at least three threads on Mambo going to Welling on here (two sunk) plus it was on the OS : = )
  • reported on radio kent this morning that two interested parties now.