Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• Not sure about anyone else but I'm sitting here today somewhat deflated........I had put a degree of faith that today was in some way a cut off point by which time we'd have got some kind of a deal somewhere with someone, somehow.
    As it looks now most unlikely, then I have to say I'm tipping towards it aint gonna happen at all, leastways in the foreseable future.......... this morning I was 50/50..............Now 80/20 against.
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Not sure about anyone else but I'm sitting here today somewhat deflated........I had put a degree of faith that today was in some way a cut off point by which time we'd have got some kind of a deal somewhere with someone, somehow.
    As it looks now most unlikely, then I have to say I'm tipping towards it aint gonna happen at all, leastways in the foreseable future.......... this morning I was 50/50..............Now 80/20 against.

Far too late in the day for me.TAKEOVER OFF.FACT
  • A choice:

No takeover and position we are in with parky manager OR
    Multi-billion pound takeover Saints are in with pardew manager?
  • Keep the faith...... No players out (fngers crossed). Parky has not hinted about any major players leaving or given that impression has he??

However what happens if we get an unlikely bid of £8 mill for Shelvey?
  • WSSWSS
    edited August 2009
    Also, why do people think this takeover needs to happen beofre the transfer window shuts or all bets are off?
    [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]However what happens if we get an unlikely bid of £8 mill for Shelvey?
    No question about it - we sell him.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]A choice:

No takeover and position we are in with parky manager OR
    Multi-billion pound takeover Saints are in with pardew manager?

The thought of no Bailey or Shelvey leaves me thinking we need an injection of cash.And quickly.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]Keep the faith...... No players out (fngers crossed). Parky has not hinted about any major players leaving or given that impression has he??

No disrespect,but i think like the rest of us,Parky knows very little about what's going on at board level.
  • My gut feeling is Iit WILL Happen.

The fact that Parky has public;y come out and said that "The Chairman and the board are working all hours under the sun in order to resolve things" gives me the impression that they are trying to seek some sort of resolution to suit all parties. If it wasn't going to happen then Parky would not have said this.

It seems to give me the impression that everyone is workiung hard to get the deal in time before the transfer window closes but time is running out fast..

If it wasn't going to happen then Parky would be under orders not to say anything.

I am confident it is going to happen but may not be in time for the transfer window
  • edited August 2009
    Interesting.
    I've just heard through the grapevine that someone has put in a bid for a Takeover of this thread with a view to turning it into a book which Stephen Spielberg no less has just bought the film rights to.
    He's planning to call it ET 2 (the Endless Takeover)

bolted on no more nails FUCT
  • [cite]Posted By: 3blokes[/cite]Interesting.
    I've just heard through the grapevine that someone has put in a bid for a Takeover of this thread with a view to turning it into a book which Stephen Spielberg no less has just bought the film rights to.
    He's planning to call it ET 2 (the Endless Takeover)

bolted on no more nails FUCT

I have been told that NLA is helping with the screenplay
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Also, why do people think this takeover needs to happen beofre the transfer window shuts or all bets are off?
    [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]However what happens if we get an unlikely bid of £8 mill for Shelvey?
    No question about it - we sell him.

Of course WSS......... I don't think it HAS to take place before the transfer deadline but if something was close then surely it would have been a major factor to all parties in getting the deal done in time..........unfortunately, as such, to me it suggests that nothing is imminent.
  • I am in charge of Costumes and Actors

Johnny depp and Brad Pitt are playing Muzza and Waggot

Whilst Kate Winslet is lined up to play Curb It
  • Brad Pitt playing the Geordie Smiler ... what a challenge ;-)
  • If you look up "what's always coming but never arrives?" on Google, without the speech marks there are over 21 million results. Most answers people give are 'tomorrow'.

Now we know the other answer, the Charlton takeover.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Brad Pitt playing the Geordie Smiler ... what a challenge ;-)[/quote]

both ways that i reckon
  • why does my bbcode not stay on all the time
  • edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Brad Pitt playing the Geordie Smiler ... what a challenge ;-)

is that better
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Brad Pitt playing the Geordie Smiler ... what a challenge ;-)

is that better

yes it is
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]

is that better

yes it is

bloody hell, and we got you writing the screenplay, it will take longer than the takeover itself ;-)
  • all 1 finger typing as well reckon it will still be done before the TO atleast i can add to be continued on the final screen shot
  • Sponsored links:

• Hasn't the film of the takeover already been made - Never Ending Story?
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Hasn't the film of the takeover already been made - Never Ending Story?

or The Day After Tomorrow.
  • well, can't see it happening over the weekend or Monday so unlikley before the window closes. Whatever way it now impacts on player recruitment and our season as a whole.
  • edited August 2009
    so the end of another business week an still no news. More boring than Big Brother and lasts longer a CAFC "take over".

What takes so naffing long ? ive been part of and seen £90 million pound sale of a 5 star hotel go through quicker. Due diligence 7 working days--- tennis on the amount of cash 3 weeks---------- job done.

IMO the deal fell through and the Board are trying to get something back on the table.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]well, can't see it happening over the weekend or Monday so unlikley before the window closes. Whatever way it now impacts on player recruitment and our season as a whole.

Why?
  • Where are all these signings you promised us Brunello ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Where are all these signings you promised us Brunello ?

When was that? I think I have been a dampener of signings.
  • Still on for 7pm ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Where are all these signings you promised us Brunello ?

When was that? I think I have been a dampener of signings.

you did mention

Xavi, Torres and Ronaldo whilst we was with Mr Cappello last week
  • As far as I can work out the Zabeel 'takeover' was first mentioned in the press on 10th October 2008.

Therefore the 'real' takeover will take place on the one-year anniversary, i.e. Saturday 10th October 2009, in 6 weeks time at the Oldham game.