Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• gotta say that is my fear,if the people who are interested in buying the club could be getting a bargain with the squad we have in this division,and if they dont come up with the goods soon maybe,they are not right for us.I fear for our squad until wednesday morning.
  • I just feel that any consortium wouldn't even have to spend a great deal of cash for a good while, and their arrival with just a few minor signings would be enough to push us to be in the top two for the rest of the season. I'd be interested to see if Airman's 10 out of 10 on the takeover going through still applies. More than anything i'm going to be bricking it till Tuesday night!
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]gotta say that is my fear,if the people who are interested in buying the club could be getting a bargain with the squad we have in this division,and if they dont come up with the goods soon maybe,they are not right for us.I fear for our squad until wednesday morning.

IMHO I think it is going to take some hefty bids to remove any of the players that we are talking about loosing.

Don't think the T/O will be done before the window closes but have no doubt that injuries aside the same side will take the field against Brentford next week.
  • it aint gonna happen soon,so it's whether the current board can afford to gamble and hold on to the current squad
    which is a very big ask for them.I prey to god they do,the feel good factor is back at the valley and that is a massive plus and should not be under setimated on the effect the postiveness from the fans is having on the players and management.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]it aint gonna happen soon,so it's whether the current board can afford to gamble and hold on to the current squad
    which is a very big ask for them.I prey to god they do,the feel good factor is back at the valley and that is a massive plus and should not be under setimated on the effect the postiveness from the fans is having on the players and management.

listen if NSS says a comment on a thread that includes the words Massive plus, Positive,

then either hell has frozen over or MR Murray you need to take note and keep the squad together because the world could end for all of us very very soon
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]it aint gonna happen soon,so it's whether the current board can afford to gamble and hold on to the current squad

I don't think the board will under estimate how important it will be for us to get out of the division at the first attempt. Dismantling our midfield will put us on the back foot again.

I have no doubt that the board will be able to keep things ticking over until January. If we are still up there then and we haven't been taken over they may re-evaluate and think that a sale is needed to see us through till the end of the season. If that is the case I think 1 player will do it.

Lets not loose sight of the fact that Parky has consistantly said that he doesn't know where he is going shopping, he has never hinted that he isn't going shopping. If we have a plan to bring players in without a takeover, I'd hope that plan doesn't involve a fire sale.

Personally don't think players will be cherry picked on the cheap. Parky is on record as saying Shelvey will go nowhere unless the bid tops what Villa paid for Delph - can't see anyone paying that. Bailey is probably around the 1.5m mark, will anyone pay that?. Racon is probably in the same bracket as Bailey and I don't think anyone will pay that either.
  • It's obviously all waiting on the window to close...sell Shelvey for £8 million and existing major shareholders stay and there is enough cash to keep going as is...if no offers come in then they have to sell the club or put in more cash...simple! So I think if we don't sell anyone it'll go ahead!
  • If Michael Turner moves to Sunderland for, say, 8 million, does anybody know how much our slice will be, and could it be enough to fend off a takeover and keep going as we are?
  • WSSWSS
    edited August 2009
    bout 500-800k i think but you really want to "fend off" a takeover knowing the directors cant pump any more cash into the club?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]bout 500-800k i think but you really want to "fend off" a takeover knowing the directors cant pump any more cash into the club?[/quote]

think it might be a bit more than that wss
  • Sponsored links:

• 15% over 300k i THINK but lets wait and see.

Maybe the club sold the option already, who knows.
  • They did mention on MOTD that they thought sunderland were preparing a 'massive' bid for turner. If we still have the 15% clause for over 300k then a £8m price would give us over £1m which would be nice and possibly the difference between having to sell anyone or not if the TO is still not concluded by then.
  • [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]If Michael Turner moves to Sunderland for, say, 8 million, does anybody know how much our slice will be, and could it be enough to fend off a takeover and keep going as we are?

its bout 1.25 million, bonza if he is sold
  • NOTW are reporting 12 million ! I doubt that but heres hoping.
  • £12 million!
    They could buy us for that.
  • just got on here and been no news ! whats going on
  • Watching the pompey man city game, citys owners all smart suited and booted etc.. pompeys new 'ahem' wealthy arab pompey away shirt and baseball cap... somthing don't look right about an owner wearing the club shirt not a good history of it working either mike ashley springs to mind.. on us, carson yeung has finally bought the baggies gold and sullivan looking to stay in football... varney would know them through player deals bryan hughes etc.. personally think its mike ashley.. we got told last Monday things were close as ashley said he was in advance talks with barry moat... nurse... time for me pills I think.....
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]carson yeung has finally bought the baggies.
    Has he? That might make owning Birmingham as well a bit of a conflict of interest...
  • Meant brummies mate I hadn't had me pills as I said... had them now... parky is god.
  • Think its time to re ask the question. On a scale of 1 - 10 (10 being certain) what are the chances of a takeover happening ?

For me it`s dropped back to 50-50 so a 5
  • Sponsored links:

• End of the Siege of Paris.
  • 75/25 so 6
  • According to Leeds fans 1 but admin tomorrow 11