Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• [quote][cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: tebbuttjack[/cite]Just listend to Parky on 5-live football league - he did'nt sound to confident about a take-over happening .[/quote]

What did he say then?

Surely he has to be very circuspect about the Takeover prospects. The club is a PLC and any hint by the team Manager may have repercussions. There are presumably still non disclosure agreements in place and he may well be told to play down any discussion. As I mentioned above, I think that even if a T/O was imminent, it doesn't mean going out and signing "big name" players.[/quote]

He didn't say much tbh, just that it was still ongoing but that in this climate it is very difficult to sell a football club ala Newcastle...not a lot but certainly does not suggest it will be wrapped up any time soon :-(
  • Well it does seem this way. Certainly it ain't happening this side of the window!
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Well it does seem this way. Certainly it ain't happening this side of the window!

expect an announcement around 5.15pm then !!!!!
  • edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: tebbuttjack[/cite]Just listend to Parky on 5-live football league - he did'nt sound to confident about a take-over happening .

What did he say then?

Surely he has to be very circuspect about the Takeover prospects. The club is a PLC and any hint by the team Manager may have repercussions. There are presumably still non disclosure agreements in place and he may well be told to play down any discussion. As I mentioned above, I think that even if a T/O was imminent, it doesn't mean going out and signing "big name" players.

He may not even know that much about it. After all, his job is to manage the team not to run the whole club. Why would the board want to let him in on every detail. What's important to the team manager is knowng how much money is in the transfer kitty and what the priorities and restrictions are on spending it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]He may not even know that much about it. After all, his job is to manage the team not to run the whole club. Why would the board want to let him in on every detail. What's important to the team manager is knowng how much money is in the transfer kitty and what the priorities and restrictions are on spending it.

That is perfectly possible.
  • i bet the takeover wont go through until we do 2000 threads
  • [cite]Posted By: CAFCROSS[/cite]i bet the takeover wont go through until we do 2000 threads

What a tease!
  • I think CADCROSS you will find it was 1905 threads that were required for the takeover to complete, as I mentioned some time back on this thread. The fact this happened and jonjo is now staying are obviously not mere coincidences. Plus you didn't say FACT at the end of the post so I don't believe you know any more than some of the other snake oil salesmen we have had on this thread.

FACT
  • Now we know that Jonjo is staying, I think that is a real signal that a Takeover is still a very strong possibility.

I heard a while ago, now borne out by what Uncle has said, that we would only sell JJ this window if we needed to. This says to me that whilst a deal may not yet be done, there is at least one serious one still on the table, or the finances have eased a notch or two.
  • edited September 2009
    enzimo iriekpen to charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCROSS[/cite]enzimo iriekpen to charlton
    Where's that come from? I did see he was released from Hamilton.

Looking on their site, they let him leave due to family reasons. A move back to London might well suit him, and he'd be a good squad player at League One level.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCROSS[/cite]enzimo iriekpen to charlton
    Where's that come from? I did see he was released from Hamilton.

Looking on their site, they let him leave due to family reasons.A move back to London might well suit him, and he'd be a good squad player at League One level.

What's this doing in the takeover thread, or is he going to buy the Club?
  • lol sorry thought i was on tranfer rumours
  • Just got this message.

Does this mean the takeover is now dead.

A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred
    Technical information (for support personel):
    Error Message
    The connection to the database failed:
    Affected Elements
    MySQL.OpenConnection();
    The error occurred on or near: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: User lookhere_lookout already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections
    For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/docs
  • I think it meant the site was knackered ...ooops, am I allowed to say that on here ?
  • ...or else we're signing an Italian player , name of Lussumo ???
  • How much would this cost on the back of a shirt?

MySQL.OpenConnection();
  • I reckon the OS is down to announce the new takeover and the new owners are bring Holden, Sodje and McKenzie with them!
  • The OS is not down, just a bit slow.
  • mines still workin
  • Sponsored links:

• Takes around 5 mind
  • Good Evening
    After todays transfers do people think that the takeover is any nearer completion and do you think the new prospective owners had an input into the transfers?
  • [cite]Posted By: CHARLTONHESTON[/cite]Good Evening
    After todays transfers do people think that the takeover is any nearer completion and do you think the new prospective owners had an input into the transfers?

Yes
    No
  • edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: CHARLTONHESTON[/cite]Good Evening
  • I think that with todays ins and outs, the new owners may not be Holden much folden, but Leeds can sodje off if they think poor charltons done.

A good day all in all, a few additions to the squad and feck all (of any quality above the conference, yes including moo2 for his piss poor attitude) out.

COYR
  • What's this thread doing on the 2nd page ?!
  • [

[quote][cite]Posted By: CHARLTONHESTON[/cite]Good Evening
    After todays transfers do people think that the takeover is any nearer completion and do you think the new prospective owners had an input into the transfers?[/quote]

No and No
  • Thanks to the great news yesterday, this no longer seems to be the priority / problem that it was seen as before :-)
  • I thought the club was subjected to a transfer embargo due to the ongoing takeover?

Anyone got any idea how Parky managed to do so much business yesterday?