Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]I thought the club was subjected to a transfer embargo due to the ongoing takeover?

Anyone got any idea how Parky managed to do so much business yesterday?
    No embargo.
  • or wells fargo? %-))
  • According to someone on Addickted the Valley car park was full of flash cars, as a full board meeting had been called! The dawning of the new era is upon us! ;0p
  • I hope they filled the pot-holes in first.
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]According to someone on Addickted the Valley car park was full of flash cars, as a full board meeting had been called! The dawning of the new era is upon us! ;0p

Or maybe we're re-signing Chris Bart-Williams
  • Whos gonna be 1947 ("was a very good year.............") ?
  • edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]According to someone on Addickted the Valley car park was full of flash cars, as a full board meeting had been called! The dawning of the new era is upon us! ;0p

Did anyone see the show he was on a few years back? Funny fella.

*MOG - It won't happen till we reach 2009 posts - FACT.
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]According to someone on Addickted the Valley car park was full of flash cars, as a full board meeting had been called! The dawning of the new era is upon us! ;0p

It's more likely that someone was using the facilities for a conference
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]According to someone on Addickted the Valley car park was full of flash cars, as a full board meeting had been called! The dawning of the new era is upon us! ;0p

It's more likely that someone was using the facilities for a conference

Yeah but where would be the fun in thinking that! ;0)
  • It is nearly here, no not the takeover the 2000 post mark
  • Sponsored links:

• Has anyone suggested it might be prudent to try to reach 2,000 posts shortly?
  • 1952- a poor por year
  • The takeover won't happen till every lifer gets there badge..
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Has anyone suggested it might be prudent to try to reach 2,000 posts shortly?

No
  • [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]

Or Robbie Savage ;(
  • [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]

Or Robbie Savage ;(

Lily Savage is better.
  • Very close now apparently :-)
  • Can someone warn the board we are only 43 posts away from 2000 so they need to get the announcement ready ;-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Very close now apparently :-)[/quote]

close to what though, that's the question.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Very close now apparently :-)

Didn't you say a few weeks back that it would happen on a Wednesday....fiiiiixxxxxx! ;0)

p.s hope you're right!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Very close now apparently :-)

I wish you'd learn to quote! :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Very close now apparently :-)

As Head Honcho you really must learn to quote properly Daniel !

Picture Saturday mate, Sky cameras in attendance ...exposure to the rest of the football world as all eyes (In league One anyway) look toward the valley. Perfect place to announce a Takeover before KO would you not agree ?
  • Woah! I wasn't expecting to see THAT on the website so soon. Looks like there's going to be some big changes from top to bottom.
  • Just been to the valley to pick up a couple bits from the club shop.

Whilst I was there I saw 2 big removal vans with loads of stuff being loaded in so I decided to stand about and see what was happening.

THEN I saw Richard Murray walking out with a box of stuff like he had cleared his desk or something, get into his motor and drive off
  • It's been so long, that I really can't imagine it happening anymore.

I hope I am pleasantly surprised!
  • 1966 - World Cup year.
  • [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]Just been to the valley to pick up a couple bits from the club shop.

Whilst I was there I saw 2 big removal vans with loads of stuff being loaded in so I decided to stand about and see what was happening.

THEN I saw Richard Murray walking out with a box of stuff like he had cleared his desk or something, get into his motor and drive off
    What did he say when you asked him what it was?
  • [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]Just been to the valley to pick up a couple bits from the club shop.

In a world where nearly everyone has a camera on there mobile phone, why haven't there been photo's of these types of things? answers on a post card
  • edited September 2009
    The nearly year
  • ha, that is a very good question.
    But I am one of the few who does not have a camera phone.