Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• On a serious note I took deadline day to mean one of two things.
    1. The takeover is very close and so no substantial out goings were needed to found the newbies
    2. The board have themselves taken a big plunge/risk that even if the takeover does not materialise after our start Parky deserves backing
  • [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]On a serious note I took deadline day to mean one of two things.
    1. The takeover is very close and so no substantial out goings were needed to found the newbies
    2. The board have themselves taken a big plunge/risk that even if the takeover does not materialise after our start Parky deserves backing

Yeah it's hard to see what route the Board are taking. Parky's comments in the SLP suggest that we're a bit hard up for cash but their actions of keeping our stars and signing a few new ones, suggests that we can tick along at the moment. All in all i think things have been positive and would assume negotiations are still ongoing (fingers well and truly crossed)
  • Does anyone know whether Saturday's press announcement will take place before kick off, or after the game?
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Does anyone know whether Saturday's press announcement will take place before kick off, or after the game?
    After...
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Does anyone know whether Saturday's press announcement will take place before kick off, or after the game?

During the game i believe!
  • New boy....but don't be nervous folks!

In my opinion we'll know all about the completion of any takeover long before any formal announcement is made down at the Valley...it'll be all over the friggin' back pages!
  • FMA, I know you are new on here, but could you please try and remember to put FACT after posting spurious drivel on this thread in the time honoured fashion, thank you in anticipation.
  • I give up on this thread from rumours it has now become an absolute waste of time.
  • Come on SE7 don't leave us in limbo, who is your source?
  • Sponsored links:

• the little blue penguins that are currently picking my sanity appart...... yet again
  • little blue penguins in SE7 takeover bid FACT
  • far too low down the threads list bumped back to the top
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]far too low down the threads list bumped back to the top

Why? What do you know?
  • a lot more than yesterday but not as much as i hope too by tomorrow ;-)
  • d wots happening wot av u heard .
  • OK, got it now NLA

Don't worry, won't go any further ; - )
  • Sorry, I insist this subject stays front page news
  • Ben you OK organising the 'Thank You' to the Directors on the pitch before the game as discussed today ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Ben you OK organising the 'Thank You' to the Directors on the pitch before the game as discussed today ?

you tease ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Ben you OK organising the 'Thank You' to the Directors on the pitch before the game as discussed today ?

Enough, Mr Everett. Not funny.
  • but what if it is true VM let us dream happy dreams
  • If i had tenner everytime he told me its close i would have a season ticket!! zzzzzzzz
  • id give up on the dreams lads.

No way. Did they do anything for me? No, so they can sod off, the lot of them (bar the one or two who are OK)

; - )

Was just down at the Valley. Very big lorries in the Car park but they were outside broadcast lorries. Big news conference I reckon (or for tomorrows game maybe)

Saw Steve Kavenagh deep in discussion with someone. Didn't look very happy so either the TO is off or he just wasnt pleased to see me. Most likely the latter IMHO.

Tickets selling very well for tomorrow. Actually a small queue forcing the opening of a 2nd window.
  • edited September 2009
    Doubt there would be a big media presence to announce the takeover is off, more likely Sky Tv setting up camp for the hot fixture against League 1 big boys Brentford (Nylons)
  • With the cameras there, announcing the takeover just before the match would maximise publicity..

Hold on a minute, what takeover...?
  • hot or cold?
  • Can anyone confirm whether i need to bring wads of money to wave at the Sky cameras, in celebration of our takeover?