Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THE 'OTHER' TAKEOVER THREAD (FOR PROPER CHARLTON)

Comments

• Just like Argentina 78 bring the notes in a bin liner and chuck em off the top of the West!
  • The anticipated takeover of Charlton is possibly the best kept secret in the entire history of the world. The CIA must be kicking themselves that they aren't this effective at keeping such a tight lid on a story.
  • There will be news by the end of next week. Fact.
  • theres news everyday. FACT. Problem is the news we are waiting for isn't among it. FACT.
  • edited September 2009
    Expect a rash of new dates / rumours after the game tomorrow from those in the West Stand bar / hospitality / carpark who happened to overhear someone very close to the board or perhaps even a board member say something 'off-the-record' which reveals the truth ... ... ... or so-and-so gave the thumbs-up, so they are sure it is imminent ;-)

However, don't forget my prediction from 6 days ago in this thread, it will be announced 10th October ;-)
  • edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]...forcing the opening of a 2nd window.
    Bet Peter Kenyon wishes he could do that.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]theres news everyday. FACT. Problem is the news we are waiting for isn't among it. FACT.[/quote]

I will wager a whole shilling that there will be a decision on the takeover by next Friday. I would not take more of your money than that.
  • [cite]Posted By: Redrobo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]theres news everyday. FACT. Problem is the news we are waiting for isn't among it. FACT.

I will wager a whole shilling that there will be a decision on the takeover by next Friday. I would not take more of your money than that.

Redrobo, how about instead of the shilling, if the takeover hasn't been sorted by next Friday, you change your username to Golfy Knows Best?
  • Sky sports just ran a piece on Charlton and have said that Richard Murray is still "in charge" FACT
  • Sky are good until there is a take over Murray will be in charge FACT
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: No.1 in South London[/cite]Sky sports just ran a piece on Charlton and have said that Richard Murray is still "in charge" FACT
    And the good news...?
  • Am i the only preson who is bored of takeover gossip.Have been hearing it all summer and i am none the wiser for it.
  • http://www.casc.org.uk/newsitem.php?branch=4&newsid=9
    claims next week but little info
  • oh august, sorry only just noticed that
  • only slight snag that was 7th Aug !!
  • Is it possible that Murray has suddenly changed his mind about selling? I mean, why give away a possible gold mine for a bag of monkey nuts!
  • If the takeoverwere to be completed this week, it would be great to have the new board to be presented before the Southampton game, to contribuite towards the pre Pardew atmosphere.
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]If the takeoverwere to be completed this week, it would be great to have the new board to be presented before the Southampton game, to contribuite towards the pre Pardew atmosphere.

I was beginning to think it was too far down the page too
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: eastbourne addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]If the takeoverwere to be completed this week, it would be great to have the new board to be presented before the Southampton game, to contribuite towards the pre Pardew atmosphere.[/quote]

I was beginning to think it was too far down the page too[/quote]

That obvious :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Any gossip from the lounges today?
  • they are going to raffle the club off. 1 nugget a strip
  • Really not bothered if it happens or not now.Think it would only upset the apple cart at the moment.If we get promoted then i think we'll definitely need an injection of money,as the gulf in class from this league to the championship is far bigger than i ever thought it was.
    But for now i'm firmly in the ' if it aint broke ' camp.
  • [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Really not bothered if it happens or not now.Think it would only upset the apple cart at the moment.If we get promoted then i think we'll definitely need an injection of money,as the gulf in class from this league to the championship is far bigger than i ever thought it was.

What Carly said.
  • I'm kind of in the camp things are ok as they are at the mo. If we sold up to someone who didn't know what was going on ala pompey, they might sack parky and undo all his hard work and team bonding he has done, imagine if it was like notts county, curbs or somone 'big' comes in as director of football then players are brought in on high wages etc will really feck things up like how messy it got when zebel were sniffing about.. as they say if ain't broke....
  • I think it's all down too whether we can keep running with the finances that are currently available. I have a feeling that we are as keen as ever to do a deal and the only thing that has changed is that week by week, we are looking a more attractive investment opportunity. I'm hoping a deal can be struck while we're doing well, that can stabilise us financially and ensure that we can continue to hang onto our star players.
  • The fact is is that we are skint and need further investment. However, would the potential investors want to wait until we go into administration to get a cheaper deal.......?
  • [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Really not bothered if it happens or not now.Think it would only upset the apple cart at the moment.If we get promoted then i think we'll definitely need an injection of money,as the gulf in class from this league to the championship is far bigger than i ever thought it was.

[cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]The fact is is that we are skint and need further investment. However, would the potential investors want to wait until we go into administration to get a cheaper deal.......?
  • Yesterday, from the guy in front of me, two to the left, who looks like Father Christmas, I heard the takeover is waiting for the end of Ramadam!! I never knew that Ramadam could prevent business but, assuming there is truth in this, it started on 20 August? and lasts a month. Dates are disputed amongst different Islamic groups and the story is that Charlton were to announce the deal pre Ramadam but were assuming a different Ramadam deadline to the other party and were then ready too late. This all sounds hilarious and of course would have implications for future transfer windows but it made me giggle so I thought I would share.
  • edited September 2009
    Ian darke on sky said 2 interested parties had walked away (does that include zebel?) Dean kiely seemed more positive talking about 'when' it happens, he still talks to the players and staff apparently so would know inside news, curbs no comment on the football league programme last night seemed very cagey to me all things cafc.