Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fortune Rejects Contract

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
just had a text saying that and his on his way

Nothjing on O/S yet

Anyone else heard this cant see anything on SLP website

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]just had a text saying that and his on his way

Nothjing on O/S yet

Anyone else heard this cant see anything on SLP website

Who was the text from?
  • Options
    It was in The Sun this morning, going to Sheff. Utd. according to them!
  • Options
    Appears we offered him a contract IF we got taken over. Why should he wait around for a maybe offer if there is a firm offer on the table.

Would be a loss and in a position where we badly need bodies.
  • Options
    big blow, this regretably hails the start of things beginning to come apart (more so than ZZ departure)
  • Options
    Bad news but as you say Henry you can understand why he would leave if there was firm offer on the table.
  • Options
    big loss if true, cant blame him though, really hope this gets sorted we cant afford for this to drag on much longer
  • Options
    If true then good luck to him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]big blow, this regretably hails the start of things beginning to come apart (more so than ZZ departure)

Yep he's a Championship, lower Prem player, we don't have many of them, and if we lose too many more we will find it hard to challenge in Div 3.
  • Options
    Has he rejected our offer or because the takeover has fallen through ?
  • Options
    I suppose this could sadly be true as Parky said he only had one CB signed up but i'll take this with the same pinch of salt i take any rumour with.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2009
    If it is true it is a shame to lose a player that has been with us so long and is a link to better days, but cannot blame him in the slightest.

Also the amount of new players we need, if we ever get them, will take a long time to bed in and will mean this season is a right off even if we suddenly have money to spend
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Has he rejected our offer or because the takeover has fallen through ?

Probably rejscted the offer cos, just like the rest of us, he's pissed off with waiting for something to happen!
  • Options
    Can't blame him if true.

I'm surprised he waited this long to be honest.
  • Options
    Just hoping this isn't true. Going to be hard to bring in two good centre backs the later it gets in the transfer window.
  • Options
    So Charlton currently have just Llera as a senior centre back on the books with the season days away with the prospect of having no money to spend. You couldn`t make it up. The way Charlton have been run lately is truly astounding. If its true of course.
  • Options
    Well if Fortune is on the way out the shit has hit the fan.Bearing in mind he has been with the club for over 10 years and had been due aTestimonial Match for the last two years.Good Luck to him i say,always the man that put the P====== DOWN.86min.
  • Options
    Bugger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be careful what you wish for, for years I have wanted him to go, now I want him he's off. Good luck to him though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Bugger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be careful what you wish for, for years I have wanted him to go, now I want him he's off. Good luck to him though.

same, i'm gutted
  • Options
    Didn't know he'd been offered a contract.Thought everything was on hold.
  • Options
    A very underrated and unappreciated player.

I don't blame him for seeking to better himself as he approaches his peak.

The hidden message of such a loyal player moving on though is probably that hopes of new investment are dashed.

Prepare for the exodus of all marketable players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Appears we offered him a contract IF we got taken over. Why should he wait around for a maybe offer if there is a firm offer on the table.

Would be a loss and in a position where we badly need bodies.

and if we don't there isn't one on offer? Madness. We need CH's badly and yet we are letting our best one go. Doesn't this indicate that we have no change or getting Sodje or Ward if we can't hang on to Forch. Expect to sign the McCready's of this world. More worrying is that Forch must have known this for weeks but has now decided he's off. Does this mean the takeover is now off ? Maybe not, even if taken over he might have gone to Sheff Utd. Good luck to him though, been a loyal servant. Will be interesting to see how he fairs elsewhere, out of his comfort zone.
  • Options
    with the money we have left from player sales (assume 90% of saleable assets go) that a non deal would force after we have balanced the books somewhat ,doubt we will achieve a squad that can keep us in this league
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Does this mean the takeover is now off ?

I can't imagine Fortune is privvy to any information like that, probably just got pee'd off waiting.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    That's really bad news. And a sign that we are well and truly fecked.

He was one of the few connections with the good times and the only defender we had who could play at a higher level. We've got a seriously unbalanced squad (shaky defence, good midfield, no decent strikers) and no money to fix it.
  • Options
    If it is true will get some news about the club finally, when it is announced on another club's website that he has signed for them
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Has he rejected our offer or because the takeover has fallen through ?

Probably rejscted the offer cos, just like the rest of us, he's pissed off with waiting for something to happen!

Absolutely. He can't hang around waiting for something that might not happen after all the lad's got a lifestyle to fund and good luck to him. Hopefully this will be the kick up the backside that the board need to get the takeover pushed through before we lose anymore players
  • Options
    & He Sent The Palace Down.........
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Does this mean the takeover is now off ?[/quote]

I can't imagine Fortune is privvy to any information like that, probably just got pee'd off waiting.[/quote]

thats what i was thinking
  • Options
    Sheff Utd have press conference at 1.30pm to announce new signings so we will find out soon enough.
  • Options
    I would guess he has gone because we can not pay championship wages, and he can get more money in the championship. the club i suspect could not pay more than £2000-£3000 per week. John can probably comand 3 times that much in the divisions above.