Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fortune Rejects Contract

Comments

• Options
    I believe nothing until it's on the o/s, the club were quick to put the ZZ news on the site.
  • Options
    I have given him some stick in the past, and the back heel of Henry probably haunts him.....all the angles covered,except the goal.......

but I felt he showed loyalty, when other's as they say...... 'buggered off, quicker than a porche from the sparrows lane car park'

pity looked more than capable at this level....... hope it is not true
  • Options
    Hear, hear , Ken.
  • Options
    Very bad news if true... was very much hoping he would be the base of the spine of the team this year... solid at this level....

bad stuff...
  • Options
    Should be made captain if he does stay , deserves it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]Should be made captain if he does stay , deserves it

Hmmm....not sure if Fortune's the right sort of character as captain.

One of the biggest problems we've had over the last couple of years is having natural captain/s on the field. Hudson seemed weak and, looking at the squad, perhaps only Bailey fits the bill.

In days of yore (i.e. the Curbs era) you could have picked 6 or 7 from the team who would have done a good captain's job (Keily, Kinsella, Rufus, Fish, Powell, Stuart, Mills(?), Parker, Jones, Kishishev, Di Canio etc.) admittedly not all of these played exactly at the same time but you get my drift.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nottsaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]Should be made captain if he does stay , deserves it

Hmmm....not sure if Fortune's the right sort of character as captain.

One of the biggest problems we've had over the last couple of years is having natural captain/s on the field. Hudson seemed weak and, looking at the squad, perhaps only Bailey fits the bill.

In days of yore (i.e. the Curbs era) you could have picked 6 or 7 from the team who would have done a good captain's job (Keily, Kinsella, Rufus, Fish, Powell, Stuart, Mills(?), Parker, Jones, Kishishev, Di Canio etc.) admittedly not all of these played exactly at the same time but you get my drift.

Steve Brown once said that Jon's unwillingness to lead and take the initiative was the one thing that prevented him being up with Rio Ferdinand as a defender.

Browny said that he has everything else a top class defender needs.
  • Options
    Take this with a pinch of salt until it is announced officially and until a breakdown in negotaitions with any new investors is announced.... Let's see what happens in the next 7 days. If it goes beyond that, my glass half full attitude will quickly tip towards empty. We need to give PP a chance to bring in some new blood before the first game.
  • Options
    Personally, I don't givve a fcuk. He's not all that and has clearly suffered from "lisbie-syndrome" over the years.

Good luck to the lad, and all that, but wont be losing any sleep.
  • Options
    every player that was involved in the relegation should stay and get us out of it and thats a fact, i didnt get us fecking relegated them useless bstds did thats why they should stay, i have too so should they
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]every player that was involved in the relegation should stay and get us out of it and thats a fact, i didnt get us fecking relegated them useless bstds did thats why they should stay, i have too so should they

It's not a fact, it's still their job, their career, and if clubs in higher divisions want to sign them and they are out of contract there's nothing wrong with them considering their future. Especially true in the case of someone like Fortune who's been here a long time and has shown he can play at a higher level.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]every player that was involved in the relegation should stay and get us out of it and thats a fact, i didnt get us fecking relegated them useless bstds did thats why they should stay, i have too so should they

It's not a fact, it's still their job, their career, and if clubs in higher divisions want to sign them and they are out of contract there's nothing wrong with them considering their future. Especially true in the case of someone like Fortune who's been here a long time and has shown he can play at a higher level.

we shall agree to disagree
  • Options
    Fair enough. Though thinking about it very little of last season was down to Fortune as he was injured most of it.
  • Options
    i know even more reason for him to stay imo show us what we missed, out of all of them i believe what has hapend has hurt forts i have been in his company a few times and always felt that he loves charlton, he has made a few bucks and is no way going to need to worry about cash imo

DONT GO JON
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]

I'd agree with that, particularly for players that weren't involved week in, week out. When the likes of a Bouazza wants out, because they feel they should be someplace better, despite a limited contribution, I get cross, but I don't see Fortune in that camp/
  • Options
    ''The rumours about Charlton defender Jonathan Fortune joining us on trial were also confirmed as he was handed a starting place in the heart of the Blades defence''
    http://www.s24su.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=269:250709-bury-0-3-sheffield-united-match-report-a-photos&catid=36:1stteamreports&Itemid=63
  • Options
    Confirmed, on trial today with Sheff Utd

Seems unlikely he'll be staying now.

I really wouldn't be surprised if we're in a relegation battle next season. Not just because of this, but the way everything is going for us. Like Parky said we need four or five players, and I can see us losing some of our midfielders now. Richardson and Llera are decent signings, but they're going to look very average if we end up with players like Wagstaff or Spring having to play regularly.

I don't want to be negative but at this point in time there's little chance of us having a good season when the squad only looks like getting worse.
  • Options
    A little bird tells me he isnt keen on Sheff Utd and they are the only confirmed interest. If you had access to Sky Andrew's dialled mobile numbers I'm told you would see warnock and jordan a few times.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [url=http://www.sufc.co.uk/page/Reactions/0,,10418~1731919,00.html
    ]http://www.sufc.co.uk/page/Reactions/0,,10418~1731919,00.html
    [/url]
    Yep played today

If he was not keen why is he there ?

I know if i did nit want ot go there i would not
  • Options
    If Clem is right, this could be a last dich calculated attempt to force the potentially new or existing Board to lay a firm or better offer down. No doubt the existing Board would have offered a contract fit for a third tier player (if they have yet offered new contracts), but new owners may offer a better deal and suspect that is what the players were and still are waiting for. Hence, Holland, Randolph and Fortune have been hanging in there. ZZ would never have played Div 1 football. We were kidding ourselves in believing he would.

On the other hand, the TO could have finally gone t*ts up and this is the first of a number of sad days in CAFC's history.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Yep played today

If he was not keen why is he there ?
    Maybe he reads the forum and you've all convinced him we're doomed, so he's looking for a new job while he can.
  • Options
    I wonder how many of the players past and present do read this forum and if any are Members?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Maybe he reads the forum and you've all convinced him we're doomed, so he's looking for a new job while he can.

Your point being......
  • Options
    My point being that maybe he's not keen, but is just keeping his options open. We have no way of knowing really, and torturing ourselves with "what ifs" doesn't do anybody any good.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]My point being that maybe he's not keen, but is just keeping his options open. We have no way of knowing really, and torturing ourselves with "what ifs" doesn't do anybody any good.

Yeah, but, what if.......
    ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Pavo[/cite]I wonder how many of the players past and present do read this forum and if any are Members?

Maybe, or maybe they have lives Pavo. ;-)
  • Options
    The little dicky bird dropping me titbits is very very close to Jon. If what I have been told is really our best and final offer then I am not surprised he is looking elsewhere. As for why is he there? Sheff Utd is a much better shop window than Cafc at present.
  • Options
    I don't know this as fact but assume he is keeping his options open as people have said. If the buy out goes through then he'll stay but if it doesn't he'll be ready to move as the ground work will have been laid.
  • Options
    http://www.thestar.co.uk/sportheadlines/SHEFFIELD-UNITED-Kevin-Blackwell-after.5581430.jp
  • Options
    He's paying his own bills - Oh bless!!