Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fortune Rejects Contract

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Shame. PP said he never had a problem with JF and offered him a contract but on League 1 money.

JF decided to try somewhere else and good luck to him.

Also added that he had indicated to JF that a better contracrt would be available after any takeover.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Bailey has only been at Charlton for a year ..... so only 9 years to go before hist testimonial season.
    Long service testimonials are normally awarded by the club to recognise 10 years service.

Now Lloyd Sam could qualify after 10 years as a Pro, so in about 3 or 4 years time.

When's super kevin lisbie finally getting his testimonial?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Fortune has signed for Sheff Utd till Christmas.
    Shame I would have loved for him to come back, but I think from a career and financial stability point of view it's understandable.
  • Options
    Don't know if Sheff Utd plan to offer him another contract but would you have him back at the Valley?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Don't know if Sheff Utd plan to offer him another contract but would you have him back at the Valley?

definitely better than what we have (as long as reasonably fit)
  • Options
    no brainer really, yes I would.
  • Options
    Yup, I'd have him in the squad
  • Options
    at the drop of a hat

would look very strong with Sodje at the back
  • Options
    No brainer - straight into the team.

Not that we'd get him.
  • Options
    he'd stroll into our side (at the moment!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would have him alongside Dailly, Sodje has really let himself down with his ridiculous red card. He is out until Orient and I'm pretty sure most are not convinced with Llera so Fortune would be a fine addition
  • Options
    Would have him back, but can't see it happening as I feel his wages would be a big issue.
  • Options
    On his day, Fortune has marked Alan Shearer out of games.

Plus hes one of our golden gerneration kids (parker konchesky)

id love him back
  • Options
    Its all about the money though. Our last offer to him was alledgley pisspoor so cant see that much has changed
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Its all about the money though. Our last offer to him was alledgley pisspoor so cant see that much has changed
    And now he is allegedely earning less at Sheff Utd than he would've if he had signed the contract we offered!
  • Options
    There but for fortune ......
  • Options
    well, one appearance and one from the bench, I doubt he's happy with that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]well, one appearance and one from the bench, I doubt he's happy with that.

Bit unfortunate for him, Large.
  • Options
    I used to cite this incident to defenders......... which was unkind to Fortune, that he had all the angles covered ........ except the goal....., but then Henry was a bit 'handy' especially in those days

From October 2004......Arsenal double their lead through a sublime goal by Thierry Henry. Jose Antonio Reyes finds the Frenchman in the box and he appears to be held by Jonathan Fortune but, with his back to goal, Henry simply backheels the ball into the bottom corner

I wonder if he still has nightmares about this incident!

That aside.....always felt the guy tried his best for Charlton. I wish the guy the best of luck,
    Yes I would sign him, not sure he would come back though....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]I used to cite this incident to defenders......... which was unkind to Fortune, that he had all the angles covered ........ except the goal....., but then Henry was a bit 'handy' especially in those days

From October 2004......Arsenal double their lead through a sublime goal by Thierry Henry. Jose Antonio Reyes finds the Frenchman in the box and he appears to be held by Jonathan Fortune but, with his back to goal, Henry simply backheels the ball into the bottom corner

That aside.....always felt the guy tried his best for Charlton. I wish the guy the best of luck,
    Always maintained that goal should never have been allowed as Henry was practically pulling the shirt off Fortunes back!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]I used to cite this incident to defenders......... which was unkind to Fortune, that he had all the angles covered ........ except the goal....., but then Henry was a bit 'handy' especially in those days

Always maintained that goal should never have been allowed as Henry was practically pulling the shirt off Fortunes back!

Bloody right. If Henry was wearing the Blue shirt of France and Fortune the white of England I'm sure they would have noticed the way he held Forch.

"One 'F' in Fortune, there's only one Effing Fortune........."
  • Options
    If hes getting paid less at Sheff Utd, Id sack his agent if I were him!

We should go for Callum Davenport im sure he'd love a stab at it.
  • Options
    I would have him back simply because of that 82nd min goal he scored
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]

Surely your not suggesting Henry breaks the rules? ;)
  • Options
    Don't want Fortune back. Semedo has shown he is perfectly capable as 4th choice centre back. If we signed Fortune we'd soon have to pick 2 centre backs from 4 (or 5 if you count Semedo), and there'd be no chance of keeping them all happy for long. There are other areas that are more important - it's remarkable we've done this well for so long without a single left winger in the squad.
  • Options
    Surely your not suggesting Henry breaks the rules? .......

I am sure Henry feels he was 'assisting the game' reach it's justified conclusion, as in the Ireland game, it was just a helping hand...... or two , and anyway Arsene Wenger 'saw nothing wrong' anyway so that's an end to it..... Apparently, it is only a game, get some perspective please!.... and anyway they are 'laws ' of the game as I am sure you know.......
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Don't want Fortune back. Semedo has shown he is perfectly capable as 4th choice centre back. If we signed Fortune we'd soon have to pick 2 centre backs from 4 (or 5 if you count Semedo), and there'd be no chance of keeping them all happy for long. There are other areas that are more important - it's remarkable we've done this well for so long without a single left winger in the squad.

Semedo has done well in two cameo appearances at Centre Half, but I would not want him to come up against a big burly battering ram of a centre forward. last season we were happy when Matty Holland filled in then he came up against Bristol City's centre Forward (Adebola?) who simply walked through him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Don't want Fortune back. Semedo has shown he is perfectly capable as 4th choice centre back. If we signed Fortune we'd soon have to pick 2 centre backs from 4 (or 5 if you count Semedo), and there'd be no chance of keeping them all happy for long. There are other areas that are more important - it's remarkable we've done this well for so long without a single left winger in the squad.

Have you checked out our goals against record? Very average and much, much poorer than Leeds so I don't agree with you that we need a left winger over strengthening the defence. We can't rely on having to score 3 goals a match to win 'em, sometimes you have to keep it tight and nick one, just as Leeds have been doing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]

Have you checked out our goals against record? Very average and much, much poorer than Leeds so I don't agree with you that we need a left winger over strengthening the defence. We can't rely on having to score 3 goals a match to win 'em, sometimes you have to keep it tight and nick one, just as Leeds have been doing.

I will fire the "have you checked out our goals against record" right back at you. We have the 4th best defensive record in the league. Leeds have conceded 13, Colchester 21, Brentford 26 then it's CAFC, Norwich and Oldham on 27. I accept that it's far worse than Leeds', but I would prefer to sign a left winger than a 5th centre back option.
  • Options
    I don't think Leeds are playing without an entire 1st choice back 4.

They've not had the number of injuries we have had (nor the self-inflicted suspensions). But it usually averages out over a season - every team gets hit, sooner or later.

When was the last time we fielded Richardson, Sodje, Dailly and Youga all together......?