Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fortune Rejects Contract

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2009
  • Options
    he is due a sign on fee too, more likely its money that swung him, or lack of it on our part
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: somerton[/cite]I would guess he has gone because we can not pay championship wages, and he can get more money in the championship. the club i suspect could not pay more than £2000-£3000 per week. John can probably comand 3 times that much in the divisions above.

I thought Bailey just got a rise to 9k pw or something stupid ? No thought not, another load of crap that was. I think you are right that 3k pw is probably our top wage now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: somerton[/cite]I would guess he has gone because we can not pay championship wages, and he can get more money in the championship. the club i suspect could not pay more than £2000-£3000 per week. John can probably comand 3 times that much in the divisions above.

We probably still have the likes of Bailey, Sam, Racon any several more on £6k+ a week. If that's all we can afford I wouldn't blame him, he must have been on a good Championship wage at least.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

I thought Bailey just got a rise to 9k pw or something stupid ? No thought not, another load of crap that was. I think you are right that 3k pw is probably our top wage now.

Christensen "earns" more than £3k a week!
  • Options
    we are officially a laughing feckin stock.
  • Options
    Bad news if this is true, but again I can't blame him. Our club is falling apart at the seams and it would appear we are the only ones who will ultimately suffer. The players will all find new homes and we will be left with memories.

If Saints and Notts County can get new owners why the bloody hell is our supposed take over clothed in secrecy and taking too long. For gods sake the season is two weeks away and we are in disarray.
  • Options
    Has anyone considered this could be rubbish, which 99% of the rumours concerning us have been. Could be just his agent trying to hurry hings up with our deal. Why is nobody celebrating the capture of Rahdi Jaidi, who was also mentioned as possibly signing for us this morning?? It seems to be just too easy for some to exaggerate the bad and ignore any good!
  • Options
    At leats he has finally showed some ambition in his Career in not wanting to play in Tier Three :-)
  • Options
    I see in the Souh London Press

For the full story - including the latest on Jon Fortune's future - get tomorrow's South London Press.

Dont bother buying it tells u jack s**t about his future
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    but who was the text from?

if it was Sky Alexander then fair enough.
  • Options
    We should have offered him a contract back in January.
  • Options
    Not today anyway the Blades have just announced Ched Evans, Lee Bromby and a winger.
  • Options
    not announced at that conference
  • Options
    Maybe he knows he won't get a game with the millions our takeover will bring in!

Just as possible as the takeover being canned!!
    IF it is AEG then they don't mess around - cash would be splashed
  • Options
    TBH i think he needs to do something for himself rather than sit in his comfort zone here.
  • Options
    I misread the title as Rejects Contract Fortune and thought this was a thread about Christensen...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]but who was the text from?

if it was Sky Alexander then fair enough.[/quote]

Just a mte
  • Options
    he should fecking stay put and get us out of this fecking shit hole we are in

as should the fecking rest of em bstds
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I very much doubt he has rejected the contract considering he went to Ireland and played in our pre-season games I think it is just bad journalism.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If this is true then it's a sad day for a number of reasons not least of all because it sums up just what a mess we've got oursleves that we can't even keep a player who appears at least to have wanted to stay at the club.
  • Options
    It's not a good prospect but let's wait and see if Leftbehind's mate is correct.

He/she might have just heard the Sun rumour and is passing that on.

Sheff Utd have sold a few players and Fortune is more than good enough for the CCC especially on a free.

He is also injured so maybe not what people want right now.
  • Options
    Bleeding hell guys, this is like Chicken Little. One text message from a someone's random mate, and everyone's running around wailing that the sky is falling in. Do you think you can wait until something actually happens one way or the other before collectively committing harakiri?
  • Options
    Does anybody have a link worth it's salt rather than mail or Sun
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Bleeding hell guys, this is like Chicken Little. One text message from a someone's random mate, and everyone's running around wailing that the sky is falling in. Do you think you can wait until something actually happens one way or the other before collectively committing harakiri?[/quote]

we could but this forum would be dead if waited for anything offical.

90% of stuff here is rumour and hear say
  • Options
    THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]he should fecking stay put and get us out of this fecking shit hole we are in
    Serious question: why should he?

If we didn't want him and his contract had run out we'd be binning him out as quick as possible. Lots of our "fans" did nothing but slag him off. Why do you reckon he should take less pay and a lower standard of football?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Is that a rumour lol
  • Options
    Right again, aliwibble...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]he should fecking stay put and get us out of this fecking shit hole we are in
    Serious question: why should he?

If we didn't want him and his contract had run out we'd be binning him out as quick as possible. Lots of our "fans" did nothing but slag him off. Why do you reckon he should take less pay and a lower standard of football?

We tried to flog him to Stoke the other year as well. I don't think he owes us anything really. Hope he stays though.