Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

iPhone/iTouch Apps

Comments

• edited September 2009
    You miserable git
  • Brought Madden 2010 for the iPhone this morning, expensive but quality, like a gaming version of crack.

Also the iPhone is going to be on Orange, as well as O2 by the end of the year
  • Good news.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Also the iPhone is going to be on Orange, as well as O2 by the end of the year

Heard that too. Not impressed - was with Orange for about 10 years, kept waiting and waiting for the iPhone to come to them. Gave up when the 3GS was released and went with O2... bugger!
  • The thing is, I doubt you'll see a massive difference in tariffs, as Apple have control on them, what might be better is O2's data network coping in big cities
  • I'd imagine you're right about the prices and tariffs - Apple really wouldnt want the pair starting a price war over the iPhone - not Apples style.

I'd have to disagree over the network though - I found Orange to be far superior with their signal availability and strength. My HTC 3G had no problems up here in London, the iPhone seems to be pretty patchy...
  • Orange are awful Crap network and worse customer service. Plus their broadband is even worse. 02 are 100 times better anyway so I'd be happy you moved over.
  • I have no idea what you are all talking about, but any advice on the cheapest ways to get an iphone for my daughter appreciated.
  • [cite]Posted By: blackheathaddick[/cite]Orange are awful Crap network and worse customer service. Plus their broadband is even worse. 02 are 100 times better anyway so I'd be happy you moved over.

Seriously? As mentioned above, was with Orange for about 10 years and never had any problems with their customer service. Can't comment on their broadband as we have crappy old Sky...
  • Will be on Vodafone now as well: http://bit.ly/2uAs45
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Will be on Vodafone now as well:http://bit.ly/2uAs45

Blimey. Didnt see that coming
  • Shame they are missing out on xmas but will just be in time for my contract renewal. Which is nice.
  • Very niiiiice
  • In a way this will help O2 long term, the data pressures on the network will drop, and it might behave better.

The iPhone is a terrible phone for the networks to deal with, it gobbles up bandwidth like nothing else out there.
  • just got the spotify app , essentially unlimited album downloads for a tenner a month
  • one grumble of the iphone is the very limited ability to watch video on web site ie bbc 4demand is there an App you can down load to get better video coverage ?
  • The iPlayer does work on an iPhone via a web app.
  • Any really good games
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Any really good games

Civilization Revolution
    Harbor Master
    Flight Control
    Flick Fishing
    Paper Toss
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Any really good games[/quote]

Civilization Revolution
    Harbor Master
    Flight Control
    Flick Fishing
    Paper Toss[/quote]

Paper Toss has recently become a freebie.

I also like Blowfish Poppers (similar to bubble wrap but with annoying fish)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]I also like Blowfish Poppers

Sounds like something Stu of HU6 would use....
  • starsailor out now free the new NASA app don't know if any good just about to download now
  • edited October 2009
    not an app but tv catch up allows you to watch channels 1-5 plus a few others live

http://iphone.tvcatchup.com/

also I now have tho tom tom dock to go with the app even though it was all quite expensive it works very well and the added use of the hands free calling is really good
  • Best game has got to be Ragdoll Blaster...Spent god knows how many hours playing this, trying to do it in as few "dolls" as possible.
  • Rockband is really cool! its a fiver mind.

Plus seeign as we're all trainspotters - the trainline app is really useful - and free!
  • RedLaser is quality, Scan barcodes and find the cheapest place online for it - Genius!
    also Pub Quiz is fun and I am T pain is good fun in the Car
  • Wait till this gets on the iPhone, all kinds of pain for Garmin and TomTom

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/10/28/google-navigation-means-iphone-maps-ap-turnbyturn-competitors/
  • Anybody found any gems lately?

I've just bought Plants Vs Zombies... Boredom buster.
  • How do you refresh charltonlife page on a iphone?
  • Either click on Discussions again or press the little arrow next to the web address at the very top.