Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

iPhone/iTouch Apps

Comments

• WTF, 5 areas i am going to have to quit work
  • I have yet to succumb to the games.....Just loaded google voice freebie.
  • Havent seen anyone mention apple's presentation on the new iphone operating system yesterday.

Unfortunately I've only got a 3g, so multitasking won't work for me and the other features won't make that much difference to myself (iBooks on iPhone, an Xbox Live copy, change background of home screen). But multimtasking is a game changer for me. Multitasking also imo makes the iPad a realistic proposition, which it wasn't before.

Looks like I'll be investing in the new iPhone when it's released......
  • [cite]Posted By: kimbo[/cite]WTF, 5 areas i am going to have to quit work

I can only find 2 - and I am currently trying to get 3 stars on all of those (nearly there on level 1)

How do I get levels 3,4,5?
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: kimbo[/cite]WTF, 5 areas i am going to have to quit work

I can only find 2 - and I am currently trying to get 3 stars on all of those (nearly there on level 1)

How do I get levels 3,4,5?

This is a guess, but maybe there's an update available from the app store. I bought it last week and have all 5 'areas' available

Currently stuck on Area 3 Level 5
  • Will never be able to put my iPod down now:-)

• Bound to be a fiver well spent!
  • Can anyone recommend any good augmented reality apps for the 3gs?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Thommo[/cite]Can anyone recommend any good augmented reality apps for the 3gs?

"around me" is very good and it's free.
  • Footy manager on iPod/ iPhone is very good IMHO

the only thing I can compare it to on app store is champ man 09 and soccer manager IMHO it isfar better than either of these.
  • FM10 has arrived and is downloaded.

I believe I will be finishing work very shortly for the day
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]FM10 has arrived and is downloaded.

Is it free..?
  • £6.99 but well worth every penny IMHO
  • [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]FM10 has arrived and is downloaded.

Is it free..?

Not exactly, it's £6.99. Think i'll wait a week or so and read reviews on it then as there's bound to be bugs, crashes, etc etc.
    Had to laugh at one of the quotes on itunes reviewing the game "please tell my wife and kids i love them".
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]FM10 has arrived and is downloaded.

What's the verdict then mate? Worth buying?
  • There will be some updates for FM at some point, bug fixes, potentially new features, improvements and some database tweaks (adding Solly, Wagstaff and Dickson for example).
  • Will the updates be free?
  • Yes all updates are free

however fm2011 will likely be another £7 pounds when it will be released in around 6 months
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: eastbourne addick[/cite]Yes all updates are free

however fm2011 will likely be another £7 pounds when it will be released in around 6 months
    How much memory does it take up...?
  • Not much, app store says 27.9 MB
  • Been too busy to play! Maybe tonight
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Been too busy to play! Maybe tonight

Verdict? Been reading some of the reviews on itunes, seems to be a pretty mixed bag really, some love it, some say it's a mess with bugs that need sorting.
  • I'm really enjoying it, there are clearly some teething problems but the maker is expecting to have an update out in the next couple of weeks that will iron out the initial problems and he's been taking advise on what needs changing and hopes to get most implemented in a couple of months. I'm happy with the purchase though. I think any problems will be sorted with the free updates.
  • i'm thinking of getting one but cash is a bit tight.

apart from memory size, does anyone have any pros or cons between the 16gb and 32gb?
  • I was talking about FMH App :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]i'm thinking of getting one but cash is a bit tight.

apart from memory size, does anyone have any pros or cons between the 16gb and 32gb?

No difference in them. I had the 16gb and would have kept it had it not have been nearly full so decided to get the 32gb.

If your just gonna put music and apps on it I'd just get the 16gb. If you want it for films/shows then I'd get the 32gb.
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]No difference in them. I had the 16gb and would have kept it had it not have been nearly full so decided to get the 32gb.

If your just gonna put music and apps on it I'd just get the 16gb. If you want it for films/shows then I'd get the 32gb.

thanks for that plaaayer.

out of interest, has anyone bought their iphone and contract with tesco mobile? they seem to be offering the best deal but are they too good to be true?
  • [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]No difference in them. I had the 16gb and would have kept it had it not have been nearly full so decided to get the 32gb.

thanks for that plaaayer.

out of interest, has anyone bought their iphone and contract with tesco mobile? they seem to be offering the best deal but are they too good to be true?

I know that Tesco rent their bandwidth from O2, so you're effectively paying for O2's network. I'm with O2 and have found for me as someone who travels abit the signal over the Uk is the most reliable out of the networks.

My mate who went the Tesco route tells me signal is usually fine and if you have a clubcard, you get points not only for buying the phone but for every month of the contract.

Read the other Iphone thread though, what with the new one coming out in a couple of months, it's probably best to wait before getting an iPhone. Saying that you should get a good deal on the 3gs atm.