Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

iPhone/iTouch Apps

Comments

• European city Lonely Planet apps are FREE for today only. Via iTunes. Sorry for the plug, but as they're usually 9.49 each, I thought this was worth sharing.
  • Justin tv is free
  • Go on to Moneysavingexpert.com
    Sure they have a breakdown of all the fees, including cost of phone and monthly rental on each different tariff and shows you how much it all works out to be over the lifetime of the phone.
  • [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]
    I know that Tesco rent their bandwidth from O2, so you're effectively paying for O2's network. I'm with O2 and have found for me as someone who travels abit the signal over the Uk is the most reliable out of the networks.

My mate who went the Tesco route tells me signal is usually fine and if you have a clubcard, you get points not only for buying the phone but for every month of the contract.

Read the other Iphone thread though, what with the new one coming out in a couple of months, it's probably best to wait before getting an iPhone. Saying that you should get a good deal on the 3gs atm.[/quo
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Go on to Moneysavingexpert.com
    Sure they have a breakdown of all the fees, including cost of phone and monthly rental on each different tariff and shows you how much it all works out to be over the lifetime of the phone.

thanks for that
  • I'm still wondering if I've ever spent a better 59p than that that went on Angry Birds! New levels on the update now too... Epic!
  • Mate, I've been playing that all day!
  • [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]I'm still wondering if I've ever spent a better 59p than that that went on Angry Birds! New levels on the update now too... Epic!

Epic and addictive - I love Angry Birds
  • edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]

Epic and addictive - I love Angry Birds

makes them kinkier don't it :p

Anyway, try the Impossible Game, have spent my commutes this week trying to do it. It's not impossible, just damn hard and frustrating, yet you keep going back for more. Well worth 59p
  • I hate you. Why torment me by telling me about the impossible game when I have just cured/completed angry birds.
  • iHobo is pretty cool - you have a little homeless person and you have to look after him or he dies
    you can make him take drugs and everything but he may have an overdose
  • Sponsored links:

• iAdministration is good, you start off with a Premiership football club and within three years you've got to turn it into a struggling third division club with £30 million debt, clueless board, crap manager, no players and no hope...

Depending on which club you start with it's quite a hard game to complete...
  • Robot Unicorn Attack.

Always, I want to be with you, and make believe with you, and live in harmony harmony oh love!
  • Geocaching

I have just found this and it is rather addictive. Everywhere I go I am going to look to see if there's anything near me.

Basically Geocaching is a modern day version of treasure hunt. Good for kids or just for killing a bit of time
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Geocaching

I have just found this and it is rather addictive. Everywhere I go I am going to look to see if there's anything near me.

Basically Geocaching is a modern day version of treasure hunt. Good for kids or just for killing a bit of time
    I can see where that can come in handy...

Oh look, I've just found a clliiiifffffffffff..................!!!!!
  • edited August 2010
    Where can I get CHARLTON wallpaper for iPhone?
    Ignore me having a " blonde" moment
  • [cite]Posted By: kimbo[/cite]Where can I get CHARLTON wallpaper for iPhone?
    Ignore me having a " blonde" moment
    Go to Google Pics and google Charlton Athletic...

Just download any pic you fancy and then go to settings and set it as background...
  • Not sure if its been mentioned, but "Traffic Rush" is a great addictive game, and its free.
  • Any media centre fans, specially those with an iPad...Air Video is immense!!!
  • I cannot get into any apps, tries to load then goes back to home screen. Anyone else had this and how do i fix it?
  • Happened to me, if you connect to PC, load iTunes, go to store then deauthorize this computer, then store again then reauthorize this computer, should do the trick. Prob best to take a backup first though.

Anyone got Sky Mobile TV? If so, any good?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]Happened to me, if you connect to PC, load iTunes, go to store then deauthorize this computer, then store again then reauthorize this computer, should do the trick. Prob best to take a backup first though.

Anyone got Sky Mobile TV? If so, any good?

Yes i have it. its really good but you do have to pay £6 a month subscription.
  • zombieville usa is amazingly amazing but it costs 58p dont get the lite version
  • Hello Bedsaddick yep I got skymobile tv... if you with skysports at the moment.. subscribe to it and it costs you nothing until dec then its £6 a month from Jan. I got for my Iphone4... another good one is TV catchup
  • Oh can anyone advise me how to copy from my DVD say a music DVD to the iphone.. unsure how to do it.. there is a couple of concerts i want to copy/download and have seemed to try everything. There must be an easy way btu can't see any options?? thanks guys and girls
  • words with friends is prob the most addictive game ive played on it. Its Scrabble but its free and you play with other people with iPhones
  • [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]Oh can anyone advise me how to copy from my DVD say a music DVD to the iphone.. unsure how to do it.. there is a couple of concerts i want to copy/download and have seemed to try everything. There must be an easy way btu can't see any options?? thanks guys and girls

Go to VUZE.com and you can download most things for free . When you do just right click on Transcode device and it will send it to your iphone.
  • The iTunes programme does all for you...

Plug in your phone, wait for iTunes to start, put in DVD and follow instructions...
  • what is the best program to convert avi divx files to play on iphone

thanks
  • I have the iPhone 4, and correct me if I'm wrong, you can't use the front facing camera when making Skype calls. Bit of a joke that.

As regards football apps, push notifications are the way forward for me. I use 'live scores' for all the premiership, la liga, internationals etc, but as it does not do League 1, I have just downloaded an app called League 1, which (starting in mid august according to the developers) will have push notifications on all the games in our divisions.