Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

iPhone/iTouch Apps

Comments

• Nobody seems to have mentioned Sound Hound. Fantastic. When you hear some music you like on the radio or in a bar, hold the iPhone close to the speaker and SoundHound will tell you what it is, the album, biog, links tp lyrics, etc. Has worked 80% of the time I've used it, and most of the 20% it didnt get were Czech bands. It also can work if you sing or hum to it. I was sceptical but I sang VFR to it, and it got it! Well not the 3Blokes cover, of course.
    Of all the amazing things the iPhone does, this one is the most amazing so far. If you love music, get it!
  • As above, an app called Shazam. National Rail is excellent
  • [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Anybody found any gems lately?

I've just bought Plants Vs Zombies... Boredom buster.

All PopCap's games are great, Peggle is also excellent.
  • A bit addicted to 'Rugby' at the mo,

also TalkingCarl is a great one for the kids... although it'll suck your battery to death once they get onto it ;)
  • Truly addicted to Plants V Zombies, probably the best £1.79 I've ever spent!
  • [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Truly addicted to Plants V Zombies, probably the best £1.79 I've ever spent!
    Plants vs Zombies and Doodle Jump both cheap but addictive, best games I've found by far.
  • Can anyone recommend me a decent iphone poker game (free or buying i don't mind).
    I'd prefer it if it wasn't an online one.
  • There's one called Texas Hold'Em which is entertaining enough.
  • [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]There's one called Texas Hold'Em which is entertaining enough.

Cheers mate, got some really good reviews so think i'll get that one.
  • Nice orginal name as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]There's one called Texas Hold'Em which is entertaining enough.

That's the official Apple game. It's just like it was on the original iPod, only problem is that you can't play for real money. Still a good way to spend a train journey and quite cheap too.

Did anyone get Championship Manager? What's that like on iPhone?
  • I got Championship Manager a few weeks ago, its OK for the price, quite basic really, seems too simple after all the hours i've put in on Football Manager :-)
  • Sky Sports is quite good, lets you put Charlton as favourite team, info really good and up to date, free too...
  • 3D Mini Golf is really addictive. There's a free 'lite' version which has a couple of levels but you can buy the full version for £1.19
  • One that i find quite addictive (mainly because the other half has finally topped my high score and thats simply not allowed) is 'orbital'. Cheap way to pass the time and like the 3D golf above a free 'lite' version is available to see if you like it. Full game £1.19
  • I got Championship Manager for 59p on Sunday, it went straight back to £2.99 Monday though. Not sure I'd pay that for it but at 59p it was a decent enough deal.

Angry Birds is also addictive and at 59p hardly breaks the bank. Over 100 levels to keep you busy.
  • Anyone got an Android Phone? If so what Apps do you recommend? Not as many as on the Apple store, but Android Market is growing fast.
  • [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Anyone got an Android Phone? If so what Apps do you recommend? Not as many as on the Apple store, but Android Market is growing fast.

Get your own thread! :-)
  • All,

I launched a new iPhone app for one of my brands last night...it's a randomiser to help you make up your mind when you can't do it yourself / don't want to do it yourself...

Harmless fun and not going to change the world...but it is free and people seem to like it :-)

http://tr.im/chapp

Cheers
    CC
  • Sponsored links:

• Angry Birds. Very addictive and decent way of killing five minutes. Good value at £0.59p
  • Glad this thread has been brought back up, been meaning to find out who suggested Angry Birds as since i've purchased it I never seem to get any work done, thanks RedArmySE7
  • I'mn really liking 3d Mini Golf at the moment. There's a free version, but i bought the full version.
  • I bought Tiger Woods golf last week (the official EA sports one). It's excellent.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Angry Birds. Very addictive and decent way of killing five minutes. Good value at £0.59p[/quote]

Just downloaded this today, very good and i do not like games normally. Stuck on level 15 at the moment
  • Blast billards is very good.
  • [cite]Posted By: kimbo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Angry Birds. Very addictive and decent way of killing five minutes. Good value at £0.59p

Just downloaded this today, very good and i do not like games normally. Stuck on level 15 at the moment

rag Doll Blaster is along the same lines as Angry Birds

can't quite finish Rag Doll Blaster though - bloody tough
  • Not sure if it's been mentioned but get onto TV Catch Up to watch all freeview channels...
  • I hate you all for introducing me to Angry Birds, i never play computer games and although this looks simple it is hard for a novice! sat on train/bus from Hoxton to Blackheath tonight trying to crack L15
  • It took me a little while but completed Angry Birds the other week, some of the levels in area 5 are an absolute joke!