Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Question Time.

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    Colin - I am looking forward to people waking up and then trying to demolish your well constructed arguement.

I find it amazing how many ways others have found to avoid saying white people with British accents.

"Now it seems the white working class are only vocally supported in British politics by those that have negative politics from a lobitimised idiot" probably sums it up for a lot of people. They can then dress it as a protest vote and sleep easy.
  • Options
    Colin - that is a seriously good piece. Thank you, it brought a bit of cheer to this disheartened post Gillingham supporter.
  • Options
    Colin, whilst I agree with the undeniable facts of British history I do have one point.

All modern humans come from Africa, native Americans bred with the white European invaders, the Vikings are also now thought to have turned up there and settled . And yet we still recognise them as being indigenous Americas. why is Europe so different just because our history is more closely recorded?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Colin in Thailand.[/cite]What i don't get is plenty of people on here with there big words and clever answers that have all jumped on the P.C bandwagon .
    People are voting for the B.N.p. because they are fed up with feeling like nobody cares for their country, now someone will tell me to define "their country" we all know what i mean . I could not care if you are black yellow or any other colour if you are living in a foreign land I believe you should try to live in harmony with the people of that country, I believe a lot of our M.Ps and our media are making that difficult.

I wonder also how many of the people on C.l and other blog's after watching Griffin on tv are slagging him off are the same people twenty years ago where making monkey noices at the back of the covered end and other places.

Colin be careful...according to a couple of posters on here the other day it's no longer 'politicly correct' to use the term 'politicly correct'......it'll not stop the likes of 'politicly incorrect' folk like you and me though will it........you gotta laugh mate!!
  • Options
    Colin, see my earlier post for the other side of argument (other studies conflict with what you say - but just go right ahead and pick the one that supports your predetermined standpoint) - but you've read that already, right?

And yes, of course, the best explanation that we have so far is that, in the end, we are all Africans. So why do we still have 'ethnic monitoring questionnaires'?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]
    And yes, of course, the best explanation that we have so far is that, in the end, we are all Africans.

No one on CL think we all came from Adam and Eve then?
  • Options
    Maybe, if Adam and Eve came from the Rift Valley in East Africa!
  • Options
    There's a pub in South Shields called the Adam and Eve, but judging the behaviour and demeanor of the local clientele I think their ancestry probably started and finished in the neanderthal period though..
  • Options
    It does make me laugh this left/right thing in this country. Quoting from that organ of new labour the guardian as gospel whilst dismissing anything in the organ of middle-England the Dail Mail The fact is that the Daily Mail has 4 times the circulation of the Guardian, however, in my oponion both papers are vile and sum up everything that is wrong in our class/race obsessed country
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Bigstemarra, it appears to be an interesting study. At a quick glance without having an in depth knowledge of it, though some recollection of the Norwegian and Danish influence in England - Danelaw anyone? -, I would say it is a small study looking at the East West migration of peoples from said Norway/Denmark. The fact that Norfolk and Northumbria has the biggest historical and genetic link to Denmark would mean that to me it's findings are no surprise. To draw wider comprehensive conclusions from such a small study is ludicrous.

As quoted it was seven small towns sampled, so I'd hazard it's a limited study to specifically analyse an area where they new there was a high chance for a comprehensive conclusion. Such a small and focused study can pose interesting questions, but can not contradict pan British genetic history only highlight region specific genetics which at best may influence further studies; especially when the research concurrs with the wider British genetic history studies on where genetic makeup would be higher for Anglo Danish/Saxon. To further research is admirable.... Are the chromosomes of these Frieslanders from both men and women and what of these chromosomes are shared by close Europeans neigbours?

What usually happens with these studies is pisspot journalists take part of the conclusion, without caveats, and breeze block it into the debate as a universal absolute truth.

If you were to look into Weale's research you'd find out it's conclusions are contradicted by larger sample-size research. Yes there is a debate to be had about our genetic history, as there is a debate to be had about lack of social mobility and immigration. Using a study which analyses a tiny part of the British Isles to draw conclusions and make a supposed apposite whole British Isles argument is bordering on sophistry of the worst kind.

So no I didn't use an arguement that just suits my predetermined outlook, and no I didn't, unlike the BNP, wholly inaccurately portray a tiny interesting piece of research to draw a ridiculous conclusion; usually their information ain't even based on rigorous research . The BNP use utterly false arguements and bad science to hide their true hatred, whilst the success of this country in the modern age has always been rigorous debate, and most definitely in London re-invigoration through differing waves of immigration. I'm not against a debate on immigration, I'm just saddened that the BNP and it's ilk shout the loudest with such odious and idiotic preceived truths. The solution I do not know, but I sure as hell know the BNP's is unowrkable economically, socially and morally as proved time and time again throughout history.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've been dreaming of a time when
    To be English is not to be baneful
    To be standing by the flag not feeling shameful, Racist or partial
  • Options
    Irish blood, English heart.

It just got more complicated!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Irish blood, English heart.

It just got more complicated!

;-)
  • Options
    the main point STILL is that the only real reason that people have turned to the BNP is the total failure on the two main parties. Only this week Alan Johnson still says he see no problem with the popoulation of the Uk exploding---- he wont let the EU take over imigration policy !! ( they have already you TWOT) etc etc etc. Whilst imigartion can and is defended by able agruements ignoring the impacts of such huge numbers in such a smal time was DISGRACEFUL and calling everyone who points at the pit falls as racists just dosnt work any more.

This saturday a group calling itself Islam4Uk will march through London, this was the group (by another name) a few years back marched with all the hate filled signs. OB only nicked them EVENTUALLY when the public kicked up. They are calling for the over throw of the Royal family-- Shira law (all of it ) and a muslim state in the UK. So who will be out there opposing them ? Will it be the Unions ? or the students ? or Respect ? or the Labour party ? how about the 500 who demonstrated out side the BBC last week ?or the UAF ? The Church of England ? 5 Star generals ?
    Islamic fundermentalism is very homophobic, seeks to take empowerment from women etc etc yet who will be there to oppose them ? maybe the Labour Gov will give another £45 million to muslim yoof just in case they are a tad pissed off about soething or other.

People turning to the BNP ? maybe some of the so called anti facists should see the above and ask why on earth people would !
  • Options
    spot on GH!