Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Question Time.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Se12Addick[/cite]Can you honestly not see the value of some of the other cultures that immigration has brought into this country then? Im not asking to start an argument, im just interested.

Sorry i should rephrase that I mean I dont want my culture replaced by them which I fear is whats happening
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dippenhall[/cite]Perhaps Bennyhill has hit the nail on the head. It's not about indiginous people it's about indiginous culture and values, which have evolved over time. The problem is the confusion of these two issues and creating fear of being racist for supporting/promoting traditional british values. Being neutral on multi-culturalism and positive about indiginous culture and values should not be seen as racist - but it would be and I don't understand why. Cultures and values merge and change through natural interaction and some friction. External political engineering can only cause greater friction by forcing change at an unatural pace. The BNP is capitalising on this lack of leadership from our politicians and lack of confidence in our national identity to pursue a hidden racist agenda.

+1 :-)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    GH said "someone maybe would like to tell me how long you have to be a resident of a country to be indigenous ? 1,000 years ? 10,000 ?"

Good question, DFT said it was obvious so maybe he can explain.

Dippenhall, Griffin didn't speak about indigenous cultures but indigenous people".

Of course it is a meaningless thing to say as GH points out which is why, IMHO, Ali Wibble asked the question in the first place.

We could argue all day long about what is "indigenous" culture but I'd say eating Indian food, drinking German beer and listening to American and Caribbean music would be right up there.
  • Options
    A serious political thread that hasn't got to the "name calling" sitution.
    Seriously,Well done all.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]A serious political thread that hasn't got to the "name calling" sitution.
    Seriously,Well done all.
    Totally agreed.
  • Options
    What fpt said a couple of pages back!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]We are told we are all in Europe , yet the French cap utility charges to less then 10% and EDF is majority owned by the French Gov but can charge us what they like ! The Italians put in laws ages back to protect their own workforce-- why havnt we done this ? arnt we part of the same EU ?

HM Gov took us into 2 wars with the lie its to protect the UK ? yet they ignore British islamic fundematalim in our own cities which has a real threat not like the BNP which arnt any sort of threat.
    Never thought I would agree with you politically Goonerhater but you're spot on here.
  • Options
    Henry was reading a book on pirates the other day and it had a section on sea shanties . How they were there to time pulling up sails etc. On slave traders often the slaves had to help rig the ship and they where taught to sing in time to the task ----- this book said it was origin of BLUES music ! Now have to say it made sense but cant say i have ever herd that before.
  • Options
    I think the main worry is the Islamification of the UK.

Does anyone on here serious want Sharia Law Courts operating here. What next, all women cover their hair / faces, ban alcohol, public executions?

If the main parties do not change these policies then we are heading that way, or to civil unrest. I voted for Labour for 20 years in the belief that they looked after the working man. What has made me change my decision? The Labour Party have.

Many of the non euro immigrants are Somali and Nigerian Muslims. The Muslim vote is going to increase rapidly not only due to this but due to the fact that part of their culture is to have many offspring.
  • Options
    if there is so much requirement for foreign labour why did we still have so many unemployed during the boom, perhaps that is the problem we need to address?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I also vote bnp but i love rufus and powell , cafc legends.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]if there is so much requirement for foreign labour why did we still have so many unemployed during the boom, perhaps that is the problem we need to address?

Theres always going to be people who are "better off" not working and claiming their "dole Money" (or whatever its called this month....)
  • Options
    Thats exactly it MOG - its the people (both immigants and non-immigrants) who are illegally sponging off of the benefits system the UK has. Don't get me wrong - it is invaluable for many people but it is being taken advantage of and I believe it could be very much at the root of the problems.

The system is fundamentally flawed.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Henry was reading a book on pirates the other day and it had a section on sea shanties . How they were there to time pulling up sails etc. On slave traders often the slaves had to help rig the ship and they where taught to sing in time to the task
    this book said it was origin of BLUES music ! Now have to say it made sense but cant say i have ever herd that before.

Sounds a bit far fetched but no doubt that black slaves combined African music with English and scottish folk music to create blues and in New Orleans (where the French allowed slaves to own musical instruments) your favourite art form jazz.

There was a programme on the Blues a few years back that showed a Scottish church where they were singing call and response with no instruments and it sounded like a version of the blues.

And there is another version of the story that Morrismen, who is some places today black up, actually comes from Moors Men or black Africans (Moors) who were travelling musicians in the middle ages.

All this talk of purity and indigenous is just rubbish. What we eat, wear, watch and listen to is a hy-bred of generations of influences and that's what makes this country so great.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]if there is so much requirement for foreign labour why did we still have so many unemployed during the boom, perhaps that is the problem we need to address?

Theres always going to be people who are "better off" not working and claiming their "dole Money" (or whatever its called this month....)
    Yeah, and that's something which I've heard the politician's talk very little about. I think labour claimed they were going to cut benefits of people who were able to work but hadn't been able to get a job for over a year or so. It's quite a tricky thing to monitor but that's not an excuse to ignore it.
  • Options
    FTPFTP
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: RalphMilne[/cite]What fpt said a couple of pages back!
    Which post are you referring to? Have I been sunk?
  • Options
    MOG we know under EU law if peeps from the EU countries want to come an work (or not) here they can, why tho is the biggest population of Somalis outside Somalia in Woolwich ? why is part of Thamesmead called little Lagos and why did we let in 60,000 people from Pakistan in 9 months ? Why if the hundreds waiting to bunk into the UK in France are REAL asylum seakers havnt they claimed asylum in France of anyother EU country ?

Labout has ignored the problem-- siad it didnt exist. The Tories will do nothing as its an endless supply of cheap labour. Wasnt it Marx that said "capitalist production only exists on an endless supply of cheap labour ---".
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    When you want to disguise the racist message, you talk of supporting the indigenous population. You try to pretend that we have a british monoculture which is threatend by alien cultures. When ever have we had a monoculture in this county? Is the cultural heritage of say the Scottish clans the same culture as those of deepest Norfolk? Is the culture of Geordie land, identical to that of people like me who come originally from Ashford in Kent?

There has always been diversity of culture and religion in this country. Don't be fooled by the soft rhetoric of. Herr Griffin. Once a fascist always a fascist.
  • Options
    I think the slave instruments only had 5 notes (the Pentatonic scale), which incidental are the black notes on a keyboard. I've also heard that the Blues was invented around that time.
  • Options
    Super stuff Bing, bang on the button
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2009
    MOG/P....who is it that you've had the most trouble with over the years?....I remember you getting mugged on your way home a while back(a really nasty cowardly thing on your own manor)....then crossing the road in Sydenham quite recently the two women and then the guy upstairs from you who threatened to stab you....you amaze me P....you must be very forgiving or thick skinned!
  • Options
    BNP BNP BNP
  • Options
    Page 3 m8 , reading all this on my mobile , takes me ages 2 type anythink but agree with what u said
  • Options
    I also have voted BNP and dont agree with a few things they stand for but just like i hate labour i thought Tony Blair was right to go to war even though the BNP opposed it.

To the question raised earlier about the indigenous question, like DFT said I think we all know that.

And by the way what is wrong in wanting someone to stand up for white people in this country? why is it that white are not allowed a voice? Its been said before, black history month, diwali(not spelt correctly) and all things like this are allowed to be celebrated when we are tld stories of christmas celebrations, st georges day ect around parts of the country are not to be celebrated as not to offend people? FFS cant you see why people turn to the BNP, so they have someone to stand up for them.

Also re the Jews killed in the word war, does anyone really know the true amount of people killed? it could be 1 million, not 6 million or it could be 10 million if the Germans covered their tracks. Just like the Iraq war, will we ever know the tru figures of civillians that have been killed? Whatever happen in WW2 the total death of the jews was huge just as the death of our troops.
    Any way Im off to work.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: SE9[/cite]To the question raised earlier about the indigenous question, like DFT said I think we all know that.
    No we don't because it is impossible to answer in my opinion as you do not know where to draw the (time) line. Do you not celebrate christmas any more then? because for the last 5 years I have gone to watch the Regents Street lights being turned on as well as ventured to Somerset House for some ice skating.

I've also celebrated St George's day and enjoyed the bunting being hung in Dartford and enjoying pints with very "Pro-England" messages in Clinton's and other card shops.

As for the rest of your points, I don't want to get into it at all - mainly because you are off to work and can't defend yourself.
  • Options
    Rothco --- Bing etc where and who do people like me turn to then ? cant be BNP for me as the mrs can chop about 6KG of chicken into bits in 10 seconds ! cant be Labour as they are TRAITORS to the the people of England and (IMO) the worst thing since the Norman conquest. Cant be Tories -- i just couldnt. There is the English Democrats Party but that is helping move towards the break up of the UK something which i find awful.

The saddest thing of all the English will have lost their own culture before they really knew what it was.
  • Options
    you can really keep your blinkers on and "read between the lines" and dismiss us as fascists but this is not true. It is time to open your eyes and stop believing the politicians, these are the same politicians that have been defrauding the British taxpayer of millions of pounds of hard earned money.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited October 2009
    Thats the problem GH - there seems nowhere to turn to. I very much feel like you (in a strange kind of way and I never thought I'd say that!) that there is no real party that I can really relate to and I refuse to give my support to someone if I don't fully believe in them.
  • Options
    but we are allowed and do celebrate Christmas. No one stops anyone celebrating it. It happens every year and lasts about 6 months. Yes, there is divali but there is also Bonfire night. Why not enjoy both? You can if you want.

In what way are white people not allowed a voice? You seem able to talk out on here.

The leaders of the three main parties are all white as is most of the House of Commons, most of the major business people, journalists and writers. They might not all share you politics but they are white and they can speak.

I'm white and I've never felt that I wasn't allowed a voice because of it.
  • Options
    FTPFTP
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Thats the problem GH - there seems nowhere to turn to. I very much feel like you (in a strange kind of way) that there is no real party theat I can really relate to and I refuse to give my support to someone if I don't fully believe in them.
    Likewise, strangley it is only BNP or the Green Party I can connect with. If the Green Party sorted out an immigration mannifesto happy days