Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Modern Warfare 2

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Slightly off topic....

Should I get a PS3 or an Xbox 360 after Christmas? Will their prices drop much? I want to test my PES skillz against other lifers!

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a f******* big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, computer games and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed-interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of f***** fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing f****** junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, p******* your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, f***ed-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life . . . But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Charlton?
  • Options

Should I get a PS3 or an Xbox 360 after Christmas? Will their prices drop much? I want to test my PES skillz against other lifers!

And now for the sensible answer... I would go for the PS3 because it doubles up as a Blu-Ray player. That's how I sold it to the Mrs anyway. I think otherwise they are much of a muchness (maybe XBox better for online gaming but not really sure - I don't spent too much time playing online).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a f******* big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, computer games and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed-interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of f***** fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing f****** junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, p******* your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, f***ed-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life . . . But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Charlton?
    Cheers Henry, PS3 it is then.

Not sure about matching luggage though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]

Cheers Henry, PS3 it is then.

Not sure about matching luggage though.

PS3 is better XBOX was better originally but no longer!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I understand it is very good online. Just like real combat.

dont_worry_sir_Im_from_the_internet.jpg
  • Options
    Come on, consoles don't compare to PCs when it comes to on-line gaming...
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Cheat patches on PC i do believe
  • Options
    Consoles are better than PC's for online gaming as it's an even playing field not who has the best set up/fattest broadband as it is with PC's.

PS3 would be my choice as i get all the films from Lovefilm on blue ray now. 360 is an equally good machine with better online functionality (although there is a charge)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Come on, consoles don't compare to PCs when it comes to on-line gaming...
    And this is the reason why PC gamers are and will be avoiding this in droves. The company responsible for the game have, basically completely gutted it in favour of the consoles. There are no dedicated servers, no console options, no ability to mod the game - in fact, none of the things that make PC gaming more enjoyable over console gaming are present. This is clearly a deliberate attempt by Infinity Ward (the company responsible) to do away with the massive 'community' feel that develops around decent FPS' so that they can dimp out downloadable content and the next 50 quid game when it comes out.

Personally speaking I've never been a PC gamer - always preferred consoles. However, having been married to someone who regularly plays PC FPS' - including all the previous COD games - I can tell you that the real tragedy in this debacle is that Activision/Infinity Ward are using the 'controversy' stoked up by that prick Vaz as a smokescreen to divert attention from the real tragedy - PC gamers have been royally shafted.
  • Options

you need a ps3 and FIFA 10
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I will now avoid this game for the reasons that Leroy has stated. My 15 year old brother still plays the counter strike mod for half-life...

Could I play a PC version of PES 2010 (I haven't played FIFA since the disaster which was Fifa 97 and so have become a fan boy) against console users?!
  • Options
    Whatever Leroy said I agree with.

I have no idea and even less interest in what he is talking about but it sounds impressive to me.

I guess that those of you who grew up playing computer games see it as as normal where as to me it just seems odd. I do like the occasional game of FIFA2009 and the Wii is fun but really don't get it.

As for Guitar hero! Buy a real musical instrument. Joe Strummer must be turning in his grave : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]And this is the reason why PC gamers are and will be avoiding this in droves. The company responsible for the game have, basically completely gutted it in favour of the consoles. There are no dedicated servers, no console options, no ability to mod the game - in fact, none of the things that make PC gaming more enjoyable over console gaming are present. This is clearly a deliberate attempt by Infinity Ward (the company responsible) to do away with the massive 'community' feel that develops around decent FPS' so that they can dimp out downloadable content and the next 50 quid game when it comes out.

Personally speaking I've never been a PC gamer - always preferred consoles. However, having been married to someone who regularly plays PC FPS' - including all the previous COD games - I can tell you that the real tragedy in this debacle is that Activision/Infinity Ward are using the 'controversy' stoked up by that prick Vaz as a smokescreen to divert attention from the real tragedy - PC gamers have been royally shafted.

Look out, here comes Bill Gates...

;-)
  • Options
    A real warfare game is Operation Flashpoint.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jason1[/cite]A real warfare game is Operation Flashpoint.

No, sorry it's not real. It's a game.

Airfix soldiers. Now they were real. : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I guess that those of you who grew up playing computer games see it as as normal where as to me it just seems odd.
    You've already made your point Henry, we understood the first time you wrote it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I guess that those of you who grew up playing computer games see it as as normal where as to me it just seems odd.
    You've already made your point Henry, we understood the first time you wrote it!

Hope all your wives and girlfriends are as understanding : - )
  • Options

Hope all your wives and girlfriends are as understanding : - )
    Girls play games as well, come on Henry, it's time to leave the 1970s!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]

you need a ps3 and FIFA 10

Xbox has more people online.
  • Options
    defo ps3, much better handling eg. not silly controls. also dont have to pay for online just plug your cable in the back or set as wireless

as for x-box not a fan, but each to their own

Henry if this topic does not interest you and you are against it why feel the need to comment? its not like we are going to say well now that you mention it what a good plan and buying a console does not have to take over your life just something to do when a bit bored and wanna p*** about with mates etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Whatever Leroy said I agree with.

I have no idea and even less interest in what he is talking about but it sounds impressive to me.

I guess that those of you who grew up playing computer games see it as as normal where as to me it just seems odd. I do like the occasional game of FIFA2009 and the Wii is fun but really don't get it.

As for Guitar hero! Buy a real musical instrument. Joe Strummer must be turning in his grave : - )
    I let most of the fuddy-duddy babble you've spouted on this thread slide Henners :o)

But that last point I'm not having. As a man who has played the guitar for twenty years (entirely self-taught) I can categorically state that nothing has given me greater pleasure than watching my three nephewes and one of my three nieces ALL start learning to play the guitar AFTER playing Guitar Hero. It is the single most valuable contribution to the uptake of musical instruments that I can ever recall. if it hadn't been for Guitar Hero, there's no way I would have been sitting down with my 11 year old nephew at the weekend showing him how to play Slayer riffs. (No smart-arse comments)
  • Options
    fair enough Leroy. If it's making kids go onto real instruments then great.

Some of the rest of you seem a little over sensitive about a bit of leg pulling over playing kids games. I wonder why ; - 0
  • Options
    Ahhhh....So your awoogatron! I wondered who it was that added me!

psn: cafcpolo
  • Options
    I am surprised Medders has not been on here saying that silly DJ Hero game is the same as fookin DJ'ing :-(

Each to our own but pretending to shoot people on a TV for six hours at a time is to me at least a tadge strange.
  • Options
    So is spelling 'tad'....'tadge'....; )
  • Options
    Likewise playing records in the early hours of the morning Ketman :-)
  • Options
    Am looking forward to getting this, I have an Xbox 360 and a Ps3 as well as a Wii I have to say I have no problem whether I get this on the Xbox 360 or Ps3 as both machines are brilliant and more than capable of running this, don't understand the slight anti Xbox bias on here though-do you all work for Sony?? ;0)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I am surprised Medders has not been on here saying that silly DJ Hero game is the same as fookin DJ'ing :-(

Each to our own but pretending to shoot people on a TV for six hours at a time is to me at least a tadge strange.

Mate, I know nothing about a DJ Hero game.... we all know that true DJ's use vinyl only...

;-)
  • Options
    Have bothxbox and ps3 but xbox doesn't get a look in - it sounds like a hovercraft and the massive controllers are awkward for me.

As for the haters - it's actually really good fun online playing against mates or acquaintances. Especially when j plug my headset in to give grief
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Am looking forward to getting this, I have an Xbox 360 and a Ps3 as well as a Wii I have to say I have no problem whether I get this on the Xbox 360 or Ps3 as both machines are brilliant and more than capable of running this, don't understand the slight anti Xbox bias on here though-do you all work for Sony?? ;0)

My lad seems to prefer his Xbox360. Says the connectivity/networking is better (depends how many of your mates have whatever system I suppose) plus the games seem to be generally cheaper.