Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Modern Warfare 2

Comments

• Options
    The airport level is an instant classic!

Loving the speedboat bit too. Finished it last night, went onto multiplayer. Good to see stats of friends on there, nice little addition! Some people on here must have played it loads already!
  • Options
    i have PS3 and XBOX 360. the PS3 is the better machine imo as the blu-ray player is built in which is superb.

that said, i no longer have any ps3 games. too many issues. the fact you have to install games before playing, the online lag issues, inferior grapahics on multi platform games and the fiddly controller mean its xbox all the way for me. the better GAMING console imo. quite surprised by the amount of ps3 lovers on here.

very annoying that there is uproar about the levels of violence in this game. its a war game. with 18 cert. whats the problem??
  • Options
    Just a personal opinion Anglia Addick but I find watching and taking part in a massacre of innocent people at an airport terminal to be in poor taste.
    Actually 'poor taste' doesn't cover it. It left me feeling pretty grim. Could just be me though.
    Rest of the game is spot on.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Just a personal opinion Anglia Addick but I find watching and taking part in a massacre of innocent people at an airport terminal
    I didnt take part in the massacre for moral reasons. Unless one of the gits shot at me of course.
  • Options
    fortunately its not real.

much much worse takes place in most blockbuster films every year. whats your opinion of violence in films?
  • Options
    Can I just ask how many innocents you lot kill on GTA etc? Bet you kill more there than in this one level and none of it's REAL!
  • Options
    My moral reasons thing was a joke by the way.
  • Options
    P.s I only shot those I deemed mortally wounded who it was fairer to kill - that's everyone then!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Anglia Addick[/cite]i have PS3 and XBOX 360. the PS3 is the better machine imo as the blu-ray player is built in which is superb.

that said, i no longer have any ps3 games. too many issues. the fact you have to install games before playing, the online lag issues, inferior grapahics on multi platform games and the fiddly controller mean its xbox all the way for me. the better GAMING console imo. quite surprised by the amount of ps3 lovers on here.

very annoying that there is uproar about the levels of violence in this game. its a war game. with 18 cert. whats the problem??

FYI - you don't need to install on PS3 games any more - that was just a few and hasn't affected any of the ones I've played lately.
    Lag isn't a problem and my broadband is absolute gash and the graphics are either identical or fractioanlly better on a PS3 - really nothing in it.
    Personally the controller workds for me as the Xbox one is a bit too big.

Must admit I loved my XBOX but I only got it while I was waiting for the PS3 and it hasn't had much of a look in since then. but each to their own
  • Options
    Borrocks to all that... I just opened it up and let 'em have it. Even got a warning from my own to 'watch my fire'. Sh!t happens!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yep - as i said in my opinion. i guess the installation thing is a thing of the past. like i said - i dont buy games for it anymore. it may be how i have my tv set, but graphic comparisons always favour the xbox 360. rose tinted perhaps. plus all my pals have 360 so no brainer really.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]. Even got a warning from my own to 'watch my fire'. Sh!t happens![/quote]

classic
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    For Zakhaev
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Borrocks to all that... I just opened it up and let 'em have it. Even got a warning from my own to 'watch my fire'. Sh!t happens!
    Sounds like an accurate simulation of US military protocols.
  • Options
    Anglia Addick - I'd find that scene disturbing in a film.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Anglia Addick - I'd find that scene disturbing in a film.
    Same here, it doesn't seem right.

Although it does sound fun! Can you lob grenades at the by-standers?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Anglia Addick - I'd find that scene disturbing in a film.

Yup, do what you like to them... I lobbed a few grenades and slapped a few of them
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]

Yup, do what you like to them... I lobbed a few grenades and slapped a few of them

Calm down Medders put you potato gun down for a minute :-)
  • Options
    Yep grenade knife shoot
  • Options
    are you allowed to say "Vay nights"?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]are you allowed to say "Vay nights"?

No but according to some on here waving a white flag makes you fair game !
  • Options
    Valley 11 - no one got hurt. like watching a film - say Pulp Fiction for example. its is a classic. yes it has some scenes in it that may be disturbing. but its still a great film and watching it more than once doesnt make it morally wrong to do so.
  • Options
    Lol the movember boys know what to do kill everything that steps in front of your gun! It's only a game'
  • Options
    Can you go on a melee rampage instead?
  • Options
    I didn't say it was morally wrong Anglia Addick. I said, in my opinion, it is disturbing.

It disturbs me that kids will play that level and not understand the significance or the harrowing nature of it.

And we weren't talking about Pulp Fiction. You asked me about 'violent films' and I said that that scene would be disturbing in a film.
  • Options
    More annoyingly, at the start of the game I decided to knife one of my fellow rangers and was forced start again. He deserved it though, nearly hit me with his basketball!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Lol the movember boys know what to do kill everything that steps in front of your gun! It's only a game'

Never used to be like this until I had the Mo mate... the mysterious powers of the Mo
  • Options
    ok the game has an 18 cert. so dont give it to your kids for xmas. problem solved.

i was just using film as an example. have you watched a film that you enjoyed even though there was a scene that was slightly disturbing?? surely you have.
  • Options
    Yes I have but that's not what we're talking about. We were talking about the level in Modern Warfare 2 and I simply expressed a personal opinion that it is disturbing (and for that reason, for me, not enjoyable)

Anyway, there's only one way to settle this....PSN: valley11

; )
  • Options
    aah im on 360 lol