Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Modern Warfare 2

Comments

• Options
    Having read some of the posts on here I'm definately going to change my Xbox gamertag to JayCAFC. There surely can't be one of those. If so, will have to variate slightly.
  • Options
    Is there a function to override a mute on the other players from the options somehow as I'm getting a tad pissed off listening to 13 year olds talking about their homework and have to manually mute each player each time.

PS > have been playing online last 2 days and only after 10 hours I've got up to Sargeant II rank (16). Some people are already on rank 52+. How the hell?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]Is there a function to override a mute on the other players from the options somehow as I'm getting a tad pissed off listening to 13 year olds talking about their homework and have to manually mute each player each time.

PS > have been playing online last 2 days and only after 10 hours I've got up to Sargeant II rank (16). Some people are already on rank 52+. How the hell?

they have no life!

I think I'm 21 or 22 but it's slow going unless you attack the challenges!

FYI headquarters is good for points!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]Dazzler- did you manage to do as mr t asked? Have you got the game?
    yep and loving it.......oh shit 3am bed now!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]Is there a function to override a mute on the other players from the options somehow as I'm getting a tad pissed off listening to 13 year olds talking about their homework and have to manually mute each player each time.

Be interested to hear if you find an answer to this - I've also only found the manually one-by-one way.

Game's been out for over a week now, so not surprised on the ranking thing... some kids/layabouts will have been playing that everyday for the past 9 days!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Well I'm a level 7 after 2 hours! And one by one is the only way... Can't wait to get the m16 I miss that gun!

Also forgot how much of a difference using sights makes! The new acog sight is quite tidy... (previous to yesterday I had only used red dot and holographic)
  • Options
    i duplicate ordered from amazon cos I needed the game quicker than their delivery estimates, so I have PS3 version of MW2 at cost price for £32 for anyone who can cash/collect unopened, from welling area. drop me a whisper today if interested.

R
  • Options
    MP4 is a very accurate light machine gun and I'm now getting more kills than deaths, so am loving this gun. 15 more kills for the heartbeat sensor and that means more kills to come. I have been playing til the early hours some nights but realise there is a serious game lag when the yanks take over as hosts. Kill rates reduce dramatically as a result. Best to play during the day at weekends and between 7-11 evenings I say. My Xbox profile is jay201269 with the clan tag [CAFC] if anyone wants to join in a party. Seen loads of LFC, NUFC and Leeds fans on there.
  • Options
    I'm really fed up with this game.

I've been looking everywhere for it but I just can't seem to find one that'll play on my PC. Any suggestions peeps?

I'm currently using a ZX81 at the moment but hope to upgrade to a Spectrum if Santa's kind enough...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]I'm really fed up with this game.

I've been looking everywhere for it but I just can't seem to find one that'll play on my PC. Any suggestions peeps?

I'm currently using a ZX81 at the moment but hope to upgrade to a Spectrum if Santa's kind enough...

I have a Commodore 64 you can borrow instead with tape deck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jason1[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]I'm really fed up with this game.

I have a Commodore 64 you can borrow instead with tape deck.

C64 was the greatest piece of hardward known to man.

Commodore > Spectrum
  • Options
    I had a C64 with a tape deck, Midnight Resistance & Tracksuit Manager were the nuts, just a shame they took 25 fecking minutes to load :0)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]I had a C64 with a tape deck, Midnight Resistance & Tracksuit Manager were the nuts, just a shame they took 25 fecking minutes to load :0)

They didn't come close to Horace and the Spiders on the Spectrum...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]I had a C64 with a tape deck, Midnight Resistance & Tracksuit Manager were the nuts, just a shame they took 25 fecking minutes to load :0)

They didn't come close to Horace and the Spiders on the Spectrum...

Or Jet Set Willy!
  • Options
    So who is Curbey on there? Couple of good games last night, it was more fun killing you than seeing you die on my team though ;)
  • Options
    Hoping to dispatch the wife off early tonight so I can get a couple of hours in.

CAFC deathmatch anyone?
  • Options
    got spanked time and time again yesterday in one game I managed only 10kills and 17 deaths!
  • Options
    Seriously question the re spawn locations too! I got respawned about 10feet from a guy with his Ak primed and blam off went the back of my head!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Seriously question the re spawn locations too! I got respawned about 10feet from a guy with his Ak primed and blam off went the back of my head![/quote]
    Just like real war.
  • Options
    What respawning? ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes.

[/sarcasm]
  • Options
    Lol I knew you were being sarcastic! You didn't need to click the sarcasm button!
  • Options
    Mass charlton life death match sunday night on the ps3?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Mass charlton life death match sunday night on the ps3? Edit- Bloody mobile phones
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]Mass charlton life death match sunday night on the ps3? Edit- Bloody mobile phones

This can be done - usually get on from 7 - 9pm

Might be playing Assassins Creed though.....
  • Options
    OK XBox-ers, after much research, I've found the way to cut off the idle chit chat of the 13 year old pre-pubescent teenagers calling each other "your mum" when getting shot.

Go to your main xbox dashboard, go in to your profile and select edit, then under privacy settings you can adjust the voice and text settings to be either blocked or friends only.
  • Options
    Paper Boy on the Commodore64 is the greatest game ever. Always got done by that poxy remote control car on a Thursday.
  • Options
    Just endured another ass kicking - really cant get into the online as much this year! (dont think i'll go punching walls and trashing my room)
  • Options
    Dont worry Dazzler, I'm quite rubbish too.

Bearing in mind I've been off sick all week, in 11.5 hours, I'm up to rank 20 with 280 something kills but just over 800 deaths lol.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Paper Boy on the Commodore64 is the greatest game ever. Always got done by that poxy remote control car on a Thursday.
    Nope. I'll see your Paperboy and raise you a Bubble Bobble.