Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Modern Warfare 2

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]we all know that true DJ's use vinyl only...

;-)
    FACT!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    Mr Irving - I am 33 and this is not a kids game.
    This. Is. War
    psn = Awoogatron
    Name seems familiarninja.png
    Am I right? If so I am
    butters.jpg
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jason1[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Slightly off topic....

Should I get a PS3 or an Xbox 360 after Christmas? Will their prices drop much? I want to test my PES skillz against other lifers!

you need a ps3 and FIFA 10

Xbox has more people online.
    but you also have to fork out an additional £30 every year which potentially means your xbox and network for it cost hundreds more than it needs to!
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Have bothxbox and ps3 but xbox doesn't get a look in - it sounds like a hovercraft and the massive controllers are awkward for me.
    same here swis - I love my PS3 :o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Whatever Leroy said I agree with.

I have no idea and even less interest in what he is talking about but it sounds impressive to me.

I guess that those of you who grew up playing computer games see it as as normal where as to me it just seems odd. I do like the occasional game of FIFA2009 and the Wii is fun but really don't get it.

As for Guitar hero! Buy a real musical instrument. Joe Strummer must be turning in his grave : - )
    I let most of the fuddy-duddy babble you've spouted on this thread slide Henners :o)

But that last point I'm not having. As a man who has played the guitar for twenty years (entirely self-taught) I can categorically state that nothing has given me greater pleasure than watching my three nephewes and one of my three nieces ALL start learning to play the guitar AFTER playing Guitar Hero. It is the single most valuable contribution to the uptake of musical instruments that I can ever recall. if it hadn't been for Guitar Hero, there's no way I would have been sitting down with my 11 year old nephew at the weekend showing him how to play Slayer riffs. (No smart-arse comments)

Leroy, is this you? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLDhISoln64
  • Options
    PS3 all day long the lovely missus Q'd in Sainsbury for an hour yesterday to get the COD yesterday, Only thing is it is wraped and put in the Xmas storage space for Xmas cant play it til then

Bah fooking Humbug
  • Options
    what a game!! absolutely amazing
  • Options
    Played a few levels last night - straight into the action, loved the snow level at the beginning with the snowmobiles.

Just working my way up the favelas at the moment in brazil...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Played a few levels last night - straight into the action, loved the snow level at the beginning with the snowmobiles.

That level is bloody hard! I started on regular difficulty but dropped down to recruit on the favelas because I was fed up with walking into bullets and RPG's

Online is great fun - will be better once they sort out their invites system on PS3
  • Options
    "Its only a puppet game !"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Played a few levels last night - straight into the action, loved the snow level at the beginning with the snowmobiles.

That level is bloody hard! I started on regular difficulty but dropped down to recruit on the favelas because I was fed up with walking into bullets and RPG's

Online is great fun - will be better once they sort out their invites system on PS3

You bloody woman!

Oi WSS - whats your PSN?

I can see why the fuss over the airport mission too... a bit on the dark side that one
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm an x-boxer i'm afraid mate.
  • Options
    I have to say the airport level is wrong.
    Very disturbing and they shouldn't have included it.
    Kids may not be able to buy the game but you can bet your life they are playing it.
    Regardless it's stomach churning enough for adults.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]I have to say the airport level is wrong.
    Very disturbing and they shouldn't have included it.
    Kids may not be able to buy the game but you can bet your life they are playing it.
    Regardless it's stomach churning enough for adults.

When you have the level of Special Ops training that I do - you come to appreciate that this was all necessary in the attempts to catch Makhaev and collateral damage is a necessary evil!

But in truth - I found the level didn't really need doing - they could have found a different way to get Russia angry with the US
  • Options
    I am guessing that is what the options at the begining are about. Whether you want to play a certain level or not? I only did the training mission and got straight online. Clan tag- CAFC
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]I am guessing that is what the options at the begining are about. Whether you want to play a certain level or not? I only did the training mission and got straight online. Clan tag- CAFC

Indeed - I'd imagine the update (as it was only 15mb in size) added the options in for you to accept that 'some scenes may be upsetting'

I was tempted to get online too but make sure you have a crack at the campaign - really is excellent
  • Options
    where can I still get it cheap?

Amazon are doing it for 32 I see..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]where can I still get it cheap?

Makro were doing it for £20 yesterday including VAT.
  • Options
    Got mine from Morrisons, just over £23 with my old mans OAP discount thing! He managed to get the 2nd to last copy for that store... Everywhere I went yesterday up here in town had sold out... didnt both with Game - £45? No thanks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]where can I still get it cheap?

Sainsburys £26
    Asda £32
  • Options
    Tesco was 25 quid if you buy another chart game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why do OAP's get discount on computer games in Medway?

Not saying it's a bad thing, just a bit random.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Why do OAP's get discount on computer games in Medway?

It's not just computer games - its skateboards, inline skates and yo yo's too.

Medway is full of Peter Pan's
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Why do OAP's get discount on computer games in Medway?

It's not just computer games - its skateboards, inline skates and yo yo's too.

Medway is full of Peter Pan's
    As you can be a grandad in Medway before you hit 30, is the OAP status there around 16?
  • Options

Come on George, engage brain. Bought from Morrisons by an OAP... do you think he has an OAP discount card for Morrisons?
  • Options
    It was dark but I really thought it added to the game feel sorry for Agent Allen.... Not!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]

Come on George, engage brain. Bought from Morrisons by an OAP... do you think he has an OAP discount card for Morrisons?
    Why would I be aware of OAP discount cards at Morrisons?!

Real Charlton fans shop at Tescos, where Palace buy their best clothes.
  • Options
    Blimey I thought I was a Geek liking Sci-Fi guess there are far more of them on Charltonlife than I realised :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]

Why would I be aware of OAP discount cards at Morrisons?!

Real Charlton fans shop at Tescos, where Palace buy their best clothes.

And buy their shoes from shops that don't even give you a box...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Blimey I thought I was a Geek liking Sci-Fi guess there are far more of them on Charltonlife than I realised :-)

I think it's just you and me who are normal on here.

And I've got my doubts about you ; - )
  • Options
    And as for that (Sir) Henry Irving..........