Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Football League Show

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
Kenny Jackett's not going to be popular with their fans saying "Always gonna be intense when we're coming to a big club like Charlton"

And Claridge reckons it was a full house. Yeah right.

Comments

• Options
    didn't mention poor refering decisions though
  • Options
    Baileys goal was fantastic but he was slow to react for their second
  • Options
    I still can't believe how bad Basey and Wagstaff were today, Shocking Errors! Does anyone know when Youga and Richardson are back?
  • Options
    First time i've seen Bailey's goal, quality. Wish they had opened the 4 tills earlier in the NU wimpy!
  • Options
    Game of thbe day was apparently Leeds V Southampton......d'oh
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]Game of thbe day was apparently Leeds V Southampton......d'oh

Yeah what a surprise
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]Game of thbe day was apparently Leeds V Southampton......d'oh

Yeah what a surprise

Shocking comment by that Manish. 1 goal and it's game of the day?? Bore off...
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    yeah what a game...... poxy BBC! commentator "and leeds now four points clear of charlton" ..... wanker !!
    oh i am shitting my pants.. oh my god leeds are now a massive four points clear of charlton .. oh they have won the tile.. oh christ we cant match that and leeds are the game of the day.. what a pony show BBC! is. I am not a millwall fan obviosuly.. but even if we had lost today... surely Millwall v Charlton IS the match of the day.. a LONDON derby for ffs... you would think we would have extended highlights of our game !!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: CafcSteve[/cite]I still can't believe how bad Basey and Wagstaff were today, Shocking Errors! Does anyone know when Youga and Richardson are back?[/quote]

Somebody said that Kelly has had a set back and it could be a while. I think Richardson is almost there
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Also Gary 'generic monotonous footballers voice' Speed said Norwich will deffo be promoted. Automatically? Via play offs? Bit presumptuous considering where us and Leeds have been all season...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought this morning the three big matches of the day were in League 1. Leeds-Saints, Norwich-Huddersfield and another one. Forest-PNE?? Come off it. Just cos it's on Sky and involves the highest placed team playing today doesn't mean the match is actually one of the big ones.

Good that the commentator gave the anti-violence campaign a big mention.

The highlight of the whole show was when a Palace fan texted in to say being hit in the head with a football was the best moment in his life.
  • Options
    Yes have to agree, firstly we have not met for 13 years, the occassion of the game being in the media and with respect an 8 goal London Derby should have made this top of the bill re this part of the prog......
    Seems to me that the producer of the show had an agenda to show the Leeds game regardless of the merit or content of the game. Even the biased Claridge and co claimed it was an 'excellent game' .

Obviously as Charlton fans we want to see the club on first each week, but the producers have a responsibility to show the most entertaining and comprehensive match roundup of the division. Leeds although top was the not the best match, and the bbc deserves to be criticised over this. The majority of 'neutral' fans would have considered this an exciting game, probably too exciting for the managers, sorry bbc you got it wrong!

p.s whatever happened to fans sitting down at matches, was there a Millwall fan ever sitting in there seat!
  • Options
    The thing is that Manish said on MOTD that the "featured game had 8 goals 2 pens and a sending off" so clearly the decision to showcase the Leeds game first must have been an editorial one.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]The thing is that Manish said on MOTD that the "featured game had 8 goals 2 pens and a sending off" so clearly the decision to showcase the Leeds game first must have been an editorial one.[/quote]

I heard that and When Forest PNE came on thought wow what a coincedence, two games like that on the same day -- Doh!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    The highlight of the whole show was when a Palace fan texted in to say being hit in the head with a football was the best moment in his life.

Nicely read out by token-sat-on-the-end-of-a-table-to-make-her-look-semi-cool-but-doesn't-really-work-girl.

That show sucks fats ones...
  • Options
    Earlier this week I had heard that this programme was going to have a 'regional bias' in a forthcoming review of this programme...... Not before time as well if this weeks episode is anything to judge by.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]Earlier this week I had heard that this programme was going to have a 'regional bias' in a forthcoming review of this programme...... Not before time as well if this weeks episode is anything to judge by.[/quote]

Not 100% sure that is totally right. I think this programme will go ahead, but then there will be a Monday night regional focus.

[quote][cite]Posted By: P_Air[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    The highlight of the whole show was when a Palace fan texted in to say being hit in the head with a football was the best moment in his life.[/quote]

Nicely read out by token-sat-on-the-end-of-a-table-to-make-her-look-semi-cool-but-doesn't-really-work-girl.

That show sucks fats ones...[/quote]

That said, its not that long a go that any club outside of the top two divisions would be lucky to have coverage of any sort on a regular basis beyond the result in the national papers. for some of us oldies the coverage we get today may be rubbish,but it is still like manna from heaven compared to much of the past.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: P_Air[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]

That show sucks fats ones...

That segment of the show is pathetic.
    I actually found myself thinking, hasn't she got any ironing to do.
    The messages they pick out could win awards for banality.
  • Options
    on the info it said
    forest-preston charlton-milwall rotheram-barnet ( i think )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]First time i've seen Bailey's goal, quality. Wish they had opened the 4 tills earlier in the NU wimpy![/quote
    The bloke who works at that kiosk that doesn't wear uniform is becoming a bit of a cult icon, he's such a perfectionist. He pours each pint so lovingly and then carefully places them in the card board carrier thing and tip toes back to the counter so as not to spill a drop ! He's wasted at the Valley, should be working in some west end cocktail bar. Just wish it didn't take so long to get a pint !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcSteve[/cite]I still can't believe how bad Basey and Wagstaff were today, Shocking Errors! Does anyone know when Youga and Richardson are back?

for which goals ? The first was Sodje's fault. Wagstaff had the situation under control and was about to pass back to Eliott when Sodje came across and got involved unecessarily and bloked Waggy's pass back. On Basey, if you mean the goal where he was on the floor and trying to clear it then waht were the other four defenders between him and the goal doing whilst the Millwall player waltzed around our 18 yd box ?
  • Options
    Just saw Lizzie in Vancouver for the Olympics? Who's gonna tell us what Jenny in Chesterfield thinks of the Spireites performance tomorrow?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Just saw Lizzie in Vancouver for the Olympics? Who's gonna tell us what Jenny in Chesterfield thinks of the Spireites performance tomorrow?[/quote]

I've seen her at a few games and she looks nothing like she does on the telly
  • Options
    Some weirdo just said he likes charlton because fans dress up as clowns ?????
  • Options
    i saw that...must be a wind up surely
  • Options
    palace fan clearly, gonna complain to the show, she knew it was a windup stupid bitch
  • Options
    Pretty funny I thought, complaining to the show only makes you look worse!
  • Options
    Shes a palarse fan so read that one out as some wall/palarse fan was having a laugh trying to get it read out. I'm going to drop them an e-mail.. not like she knew the sender weren't on the wind up was it.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]palace fan clearly, gonna complain to the show, she knew it was a windup stupid bitch

Going to complain? Really?
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited March 2010
    Lizzie just read out a text from 'keith' who ''went to his 1st Charlton match today and loved how loads of Charlton fans dressed up as clowns and will wear his red nose next time'' !

How thick can she be?!