Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Football League Show

Comments

• Options
    Forgot quite how much she annoyed me until last night, next week will hopefully revert to Iplayer so can fast forward past the Accrington Alsation being happy with a 0-0 draw.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]All that and Lizzie Birdsworth-Gwynfryn-Howell-Evans annoying the shite out of everyone as ever.

Other than that I would

Isn't she a Palace fan?! Mind you, I've lived with a Tory for about 27 years!

Palce screwed us at Selhurst, could be my pay back time
  • Options
    She did read out my Gillingham camper van text last season though.
  • Options
    They don't like us do they?
  • Options
    "So the burning question is, who was the Millwall player trying to look cool as he nearly fell down the coach steps?"

That Millwall player was infact a Hull Player. Quite why Millwall players would have to get a coach to their own ground, I wouldn't know?

The Football League Show is such a pony little afterthought of a programme. Like the BBC having to swallow some pride and recognise that football does actually exist outside of the Prem. At least they have i suppose. Sky still refuse to.
    You go up a division, and you STILL have to wait three days for your clubs highlights to be shown. That said, after last weeks Football Focus, the BBC are obviously so far up leeds backdoor that i'm suprised they didn't delay the FLS by 24 hours anyway.
  • Options
    Leeds are the new Newcastle, 2 games played, both on live tv.
  • Options
    The absolute worst thing about this poor excuse for a show - worse than the fact it's being broadcast from a cave, worse than Manish Bhasin reading from an autocue about thirty feet above the camera, worse than Lizzie Greenwood-Palace-Twonk, worse than the camerawork that is deliberately 'zany' in an attempt to retain the attention span of the yoof who might be watching - worse even than Steve poxy Claridge... is that twat Mark Clement (aka 'clem', aka 'irritating fat bald c***')
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]that twat Mark Clement (aka 'clem', aka 'irritating fat bald c***')

Is that the bloke that goes to a different ground each week and speaks to the fans etc?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]Quite why Millwall players would have to get a coach to their own ground, I wouldn't know?

Because they are all on a ban? Maybe because they couldn't find their own backside with a map let alone their workplace? Maybe they'd been on a Jolly Boys that morning? Perhaps because they're keen transport enthusiasts? Maybe the Variety Club minibus was already booked out that day?

The list could go on and on… ;-p
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]that twat Mark Clement (aka 'clem', aka 'irritating fat bald c***')

Is that the bloke that goes to a different ground each week and speaks to the fans etc?

He is.
    How did you guess?
    Dont tell me it was the "irriatating fat bald c*** "bit?
    ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is it worse or better than the shite that ITV used to put out when they had the rights?

Personally, I think it's a slight improvement.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]

He is.
    How did you guess?
    ;)

Theres plenty of those on TV now, thats why i wanted to be sure i got the right one!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]Is it worse or better than the shite that ITV used to put out when they had the rights?

No adverts, for one. I don't think the show is BBC's finest hour and I don't usually watch much more than the Charlton goals.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]

He is.
    How did you guess?
    ;)

Theres plenty of those on TV now, thats why i wanted to be sure i got the right one!

And we're not all on the telly either ; )
  • Options
    I tend to watch it on catch-up on Sunday and just fast forward to the Charlton bit.That way I don't have to watch the crap that goes with it and I don't have to listen to the drival from the presenters and I especially don't have to listen to the bird with the poxy emails
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]Is it worse or better than the shite that ITV used to put out when they had the rights?

Personally i like the show. It's head over heals better than the old ITV version.
  • Options
    But comparing this to the itv show is like comparing Chlamydia to AIDS. I know which one I'd rather have, but neither are great.....
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]"So the burning question is, who was the Millwall player trying to look cool as he nearly fell down the coach steps?"

That Millwall player was infact a Hull Player. Quite why Millwall players would have to get a coach to their own ground, I wouldn't know?
    Oh dear, that's what I get for posting when half asleep.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I think that the Football League show could improve if it just followed a more Match of the Day approach, change the studio setting and stop this ridiculous condescending attitude towards the clubs and their fans- the very idea that fans of Fl clubs need to feel more interaction with the show by txting or e-mailing garbage to the show is ghastly (the Gillingham gag was inspired though). Cut that shite and show more football and show less boring 0-0 draws between Middlesbro and Leicester that go on for ages and arent even end to end thrilling games. And please dispense with Lizzie Piper-Alpha-Tolhurst-Fotheringham-Smythe and Steve Claridge and have more Leroy Rosenior (who comes across a whole lot less pleased with himself).
    In the plus dept it's pretty decent having extended highlights of us as a 3rd division club on a mainstream football show where we are probably featured more now than when we were in the Prem!
  • Options
    Yeah that's the best thing really, seeing as we're one of the top clubs in league 1 (to be fair probably the biggest club this season) we get extended highlights a fair bit, hopefully the Oldham game will get extended coverage.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone seen this yet? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLb4K708RjY
  • Options
    Personally I like the show and Im a big fan of Lizzie though I appear to be in the minority.
  • Options
    anyone seen this beast yet... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsIOoeDNPmQ&feature=related
  • Options
    Bring back The Big Match and Brian Moore...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]"So the burning question is, who was the Millwall player trying to look cool as he nearly fell down the coach steps?"

School_SpecialNeeds_Vision.jpg
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: alicwkd[/cite]anyone seen this beast yet...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsIOoeDNPmQ&feature=related

wtfc is that about jeesus christ there are some sick pieces of shite out there
  • Options
    Eurgh my ears is. Bleeding!
  • Options
    There were 10 goals at the Don Valley Stadium today, 6 at London Road and 7 at Crewe. What are the odds these goals will take a back burner to extra texts from Cardiff fans saying they're "buzzing" about having Bellamy?
  • Options
    did u see that townsend challenge on the palace goalkeepers face
    made me lol
  • Options
    Yeah

I wasn't paying attention there. Did they criticise Cardiff for bringing in Bellamy given their debts only to go on and praise Palace for "sensibly" signing Davids on a pay-per-play and talk about how it's great they own Selhurst again?

I think I might join those who watch it on iPlayer and fast forward through the Championship. I like to see what's happening there, but I don't think I can take the "Millwall, your old club are [insert league position]" every week. Even better, I might just watch the League 1 videos on the BBC site.