Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Football League Show

Comments

• Options
    how much better is leroy rosenior than claridge?

the palace wind-up did well
  • Options
    Complain!!!! Jeez, what on earth for?
  • Options
    Surely she can see that's a wind up?
  • Options
    course she can
  • Options
    LOL - very good. Whichever Palace mug sent that in needs to be congratulated, that was very well played. Of course, the joke's on them really - not for any specific reason other than "they're all c***ts", but very funny.

Anyone complaining about that needs a sense of humour transplant.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I will send an email next week along the lines of "I couldn't get home tonight until a fellow palace fan gave me a lift back in the caravan so if your listening thanks nigel"
  • Options
    Fair play for getting it read out but there's no way that should have slipped through the net! It was clearly a wind up!
  • Options
    I really dont think the 'clowns' nickname makes US look bad lads, only palace could think up an insult that weak.
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong - Would be the last person to 'complain' about it, as Leroy said it was well played, but how did it get through?!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]Fair play for getting it read out but there's no way that should have slipped through the net! It was clearly a wind up!
    She's a Palace fan - it was a wind-up and she knew it. Fair play to her - if I was in her position I'd slip in a few sly digs at Palace as well. Course, she's blown any chance she had of getting a shag off me, so her loss in the end.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They're just warming up for when they'll be watching themselves on it next season I guess.. what next, maybe they'll fly a banner over the ground on a matchday??
  • Options
    I didn't know she's Palace...

Explains it
  • Options
    didn't complain boys don't panic ;)

Think of a reply to that for next week
  • Options
    [cite]Churley1[/cite]Pretty funny I thought, complaining to the show only makes you look worse!
    In what way was it remotely funny?
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited March 2010
    only just noticed that the posts above mine.

Wondered why people were jumping on me about complaining!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]
    [cite]Churley1[/cite]Pretty funny I thought, complaining to the show only makes you look worse!
    Ummm... Humour. How to explain this... Let's see.

* You're the fan of a local football club (let's say, in this case, 'Charlton Athletic')
    * You have a heated rivalry with another local club (let's say, in this case, 'Crystal Palace')
    * You have a derogatory nickname for fans of said local rival (let's say, in this case 'Nigels')
    * There is a television show which allows fans from football clubs - which includes 'your' club to test in messages to be read out on said television show by a female presenter perched on an Ikea desk in a cave somewhere in Wood Green (let's call this "The Football League Show")
    * You know said presenter of said television show is, like yourself, a fan of 'your' local side (let's call her 'Lizzie Greenwood-Hughes')
    * You manage to get a cheekily derogatory text sent into said television show, and laugh whole-heartedly as said television presenter reads out your message to the entire nation - or at least the thirty-three men and a dog bothering to stay up and watch it (Something like "Keith from Charlton would like to send best wishes to Nigel, and hopes he enjoys his long, slow recovery from financial strife. In the meantime, he hopes he appreciates his gift of "'The Usborne Guide to English Non-League Football Grounds", and finds it useful in the next few years")

Think that about covers it.
  • Options
    just watched it and i thought it was well funny fair play to the little fella that sent it in
  • Options
    thought it was quite funny, hardly the worse insult in the world. Send in a deluge of similar ones next week for them and see if she reads one out
  • Options
    wasn't the only funny on the show. Apparently Akpo is trying to force himself into the Nigerian World Cup squad.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Wor Akpo (as in Geordie speak.... Wor Jackie).....as my mate Ron calls him............made me chuckle that one!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I believe there was an email sent in a couple of weeks ago, reputedly from a Palace fan, saying how great their 'Ultras' were, when it came across as a bit of a dig instead. Can't remember the exact quote, but maybe it was a bit of revenge.

Even so, all a bit nerdy this.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]wasn't the only funny on the show. Apparently Akpo is trying to force himself into the Nigerian World Cup squad.

Yea i herd them say that too last night shocking.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    For me the whole "and over to you Lizzie for some more pointless twaddle from some bozo from wherever" is one of the parts of the show that are frankly not needed. More actual highlights of games are really what should be happening rather than that waste of time.It seems just another excuse for the Beeb to shoehorn in extra presenters for no particular reason, Lizzie Spicer-Palmer-Tomkinson-Tolhurst just being one of many. Couldn't care less that some Nigel had a pop at us really from the comfort of his home-counties maisonette he shares with his ageing mother, I've just always found this bit to be the fast forward section of the show. I will laugh longest when they go down and we go up!
  • Options
    I think that this is what the programme makers goes for 'communicating with the audience' but as pilchard claims ''some more pointless twaddle from some bozo from wherever"'
    Frankly I could not give a toss about Palace and Millwall, the crap that Palace are in,having lost there manager, in administration, gasping for survival before a clear out..... you would have thought that calling Charlton 'clowns' was hardly a priority!....even by desperate palace fans standards. Still heard a bit worse ....... at primary school
  • Options
    Just watched the Football League Show, obvious Palace wind up but how funny was the email/txt from the Newcastle fan who missed all 6 goals cause he was buying pies!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]

* You're the fan of a local football club (let's say, in this case, 'Charlton Athletic')
    * You have a heated rivalry with another local club (let's say, in this case, 'Crystal Palace')
    * You have a derogatory nickname for fans of said local rival (let's say, in this case 'Nigels')
    * There is a television show which allows fans from football clubs - which includes 'your' club to test in messages to be read out on said television show by a female presenter perched on an Ikea desk in a cave somewhere in Wood Green (let's call this "The Football League Show")
    * You know said presenter of said television show is, like yourself, a fan of 'your' local side (let's call her 'Lizzie Greenwood-Hughes')
    * You manage to get a cheekily derogatory text sent into said television show, and laugh whole-heartedly as said television presenter reads out your message to the entire nation - or at least the thirty-three men and a dog bothering to stay up and watch it (Something like "Keith from Charlton would like to send best wishes to Nigel, and hopes he enjoys his long, slow recovery from financial strife. In the meantime, he hopes he appreciates his gift of "'The Usborne Guide to English Non-League Football Grounds", and finds it useful in the next few years")

Meh
    Difference being do you want to laugh at your rivals or join in with the Nigels and laugh at yourself.
    If you're cool with that knock yourself out.
  • Options
    and the club that hates wait for it......................brighton will be wetting themselves on their boards talking about how utterly naughty they are while of course picking there septic spots.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]

Meh
    Difference being do you want to laugh at your rivals or join in with the Nigels and laugh at yourself.
    If you're cool with that knock yourself out.
    WTF are you on about?
  • Options
    The palace dig is not politically correct. Although some people may find it "funny" I am deeply offended and furious that a public service such as the bbc is allowed to promote such hatred.

Jokes about muslims or lesbians would not be tolerated on auntie so why should Charlton supporters have to suffer such abuse.

This is just the tip of the iceberg...I once heard Danny Baker refer to us as "Trainspotters" on another bbc medium which i find both insulting and offensive to both Addicks and those who like to spend their weekends observing and recording locomotive engines.

Although i did not see the incident in question and am only going on what ive read i am absolutely horrified and will be writing a strongly worded protest to my local MP, the News Shopper and the director of Offcom.

Disgusted from Beckenham.
  • Options
    I was so upset about it, I decided to auction my clown costume on Ebay and set light to my caravan.