Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Football League Show

Comments

• Options
    Well, that was a cosy 13 seconds.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Well, that was a cosy 13 seconds.

Glad that was extended highlights or i'd have blinked and missed it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Well, that was a cosy 13 seconds.

But it was the first and therefore most important 13 seconds of League 1. Silver linings.

I'm timing the two L2 matches I mentioned before.

2 minutes 15 seconds for Rotherham 6-4 Cheltenham plus it was the main talking point.

1 minute 20 seconds for Crewe 7-0 Barnet, then a chat about Dario Gradi being an unpopular manager.

Adam Le Fondre looks very good. First goal well taken
  • Options
    If they got rid of Lizzy, who was at her condescending peak last week when the lady accepted the man's marriage proposal and had a better pundit than Clarridge, e.g. a carrot or any other root vegetable, it wouldn't be too bad a show. If it wasn't for this show I wouldn't have seen Rotherham V Cheltenham or the stunning goal scored by the Stevenage player we were interest in.

For those who moan each season about it, either watch it on sky plus or iplayer and skip the championship game of the day and lizzy.
  • Options
    Did they shoot the video for the Bury goal with a Nokia 6630? Almost missed it as well

Shocking as ever
  • Options
    even stephens pass wasn't caught in all its glory as the camera's too low. Reminds me of pompey.
  • Options
    Hardly the fault of the show.

BBC must rely on the clubs to provide the footage.
  • Options
    they show show it before match of the day. or rotate the two
  • Options

Has been no Lizzy this season, hope this is a permanent change and no more stupid txts/emails section.

Only thing annoyed me about last night was the MK Dons feature, no disrespect to John Gorman but who cares if he can paint! And it is MK Dons, they really do not deserve anymore screen time than the goals.

• Options
    Blackpool game got more coverage than any game on MOTD. Bloody stupid that one game can get like 15/20 minutes when they have another 30 odd games to get through.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Charlton coverage is little more than the  coverage from sky on there  news roundup with a voice over...... except that is shown at 7 oclock on a Saturday evening.
    Very dissapointed with the coverage. The commentators are hardly the most Charlton friendly as has been already  mentioned. They seem to just highlight one League match each week and this week it was MK Dons.

• Options
    even stephens pass wasn't caught in all its glory as the camera's too low. Reminds me of pompey.

What is it with the cameras at Pompey? It's like some bloke is filming it from the front row of the stand on his camcorder!
  • Options
    Guess the lower down you are, the more you have to pan the camera which makes it that bit harder
  • Options

Has been no Lizzy this season, hope this is a permanent change and no more stupid txts/emails section.

Think she's just had a sprog so she won't go near Claridge until he pays maintenance, lol.

Surprised they haven't got someone in to replace her whilst she's away, I'm sure there was a guy that filled in for her some time in the past, which leads me to believe that they might have dropped that pointless feature.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Reason for this is that it's no longer recorded live, so there won't be any more emails and texts from viewers. Thank god
  • Options
    Yeah, they film it on a wednesday. :-)
  • Options
    Do they still do the local one that used to be on mid week , you always got much better coverage on that
  • Options
    Have you noticed how awful the voice-overs are this season?  I guess that they record a bit of vox for each game and then cut them down to size to cram everything in.  The trouble is it doesn't always work out right so there's problems with having the emphasis in the wrong place in the sentence or with using the wrong conjunctions - awful.
  • Options
    Commentator on the blackpool game is shocking
  • Options
    I thought that too!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Commentator on the blackpool game is shocking

I'm pretty sure this was commentary put on retropspectively. I'd did not feel spontaneous enough to be live commentary .
  • Options
    That would be Legard who got replaced as the F1 commentator as he was hopeless.
  • Options
    i love how we win 4-0 and top of the table but dont get a mention when our promotion rivals do.
  • Options
    i love how we win 4-0 and top of the table but dont get a mention when our promotion rivals do.
    was just going to post that too ..... maybe its not news as we're expected to win 4 nil every game now
  • Options
    Jordan Rhodes is good isn't he.
    And what about Sheffield Wednesday.
    And a special mention about Brentford.

Apart from showing our goals - which they kind of have to do - we barely get a look in on that shitehouse of a programme.
  • Options
    'kin Claridge creaming himself about Huddersfield and Wednesday.  Hope CP and the boys are taking note; just keep playing like today to rub those shyster's noses in it.
  • Options
    That Steve Evans, lovely chap
  • Options
    they mention us at the end most weeks. What did you want them to say? Oh a good win for Charlton today sees them stay top, whats the point when they can highlight interesting points from the days action?
  • Options
    We dont need the attention. Let Hudds and Wednesday have it for all i care as long as we quietly gain a bigger lead at the top.
  • Options
    They were presenting from the valley a couple of weeks back. They can't talk specifically about all 72 teams every week. I don't really know what pearls of wisdom people think we're missing out on. If they do talk about us the best you're going to get is a couple of cursory sentances which are unlikely to be enlightening. A few years ago you wouldn't have got anywhere near the level of footage available today. Stop bloody whining.