Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield vs Millwall

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]Anyone wanna come to Wembley? 4 per season ticket. I'll put Dec and Suz down for one each. Goonerhater will probably want one too!

Wouldn't mind going to a typical Millwall day at the football.
    Would we need tickets?
  • Options
    The kid who got through the stewards line when it came to an end, and was prancing about in between the Police & Stewards towards the Huddersfield end was pretty funny to be fair.
  • Options
    Have to admit the two best football teams in the play offs got through,fancy millwall might pull this off,hoping not.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]Anyone wanna come to Wembley? 4 per season ticket. I'll put Dec and Suz down for one each. Goonerhater will probably want one too!

4 per season ticket? So that's about 25k Wembley tickets accounted for, where will the other 15k mugs come from?

Charlton.
  • Options
    Lets hope your team turns up in a final for once !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]Have to admit the two best football teams in the play offs got through,fancy millwall might pull this off,hoping not.

i cant have that you think that nolly. i thought swindon were a bad footballing side.
  • Options
    like we was in the first leg,Gary we have one plan hitch it up high and wait for head downs or mistakes,not pretty and not successful,im quite postive about next season,dead wood going,new start.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]

4 per season ticket? So that's about 25k Wembley tickets accounted for, where will the other 15k mugs come from?

Charlton.

Ha ha dream on. 15,463 there last night. Well done that's one of your better crowds.
  • Options
    did huddersfield take 800 or something?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]did huddersfield take 800 or something?

1286 which looks poor but not too bad if you consider they couldn't get a train back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lol.
  • Options
    Cracking crowd.

Anyway, Wembley next.
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]Cracking crowd.

Anyway, Wembley next.

..and then back to reality. 3rd tier.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]Cracking crowd.

Anyway,Wembley next.

..and then back to reality. 3rd tier.

Well, that's not a fact is it? It is in terms of Charltons reality, but not ours. We might balls it up.

But we might not!
  • Options
    And there was me thinking that Alex Smithee was the best 'keeper in the league.

As for the flat caps, and yeah we get some Kentish mockney's wearing them too, a guy on the England forum told me it's because they're a dockers club! And there's me thinking the docks closed down before most of them were born.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]And there was me thinking that Alex Smithee was the best 'keeper in the league.

As for the flat caps, and yeah we get some Kentish mockney's wearing them too, a guy on the England forum told me it's because they're a dockers club! And there's me thinking the docks closed down before most of them were born.

Spot on, one of my oldest mates fits that bill. From orpington went to St Olaves the same grammar school that Harriet Harperson's nippers attended but has blossomed into a cast iron, shine your shoes guv'nor geezer complete with gawd bless ya sawagger that was absent when we used to go to Cubs in the leafy suburbs where I honestly dont remember hearing words like "you melt" being part of the dictionary before Football Factory premiered.

"Best dressed fans in England" he was telling me the other day ....told him that if it was chav coutoure he was talking about he was bang to rights and reminded him about his matching burberry cap and scarf set.
  • Options
    ValleyGary - that fella on the tannoy is a twit. Most of the people that run on were young 'uns, many were older, who cares, the FA are hardly going to close us down for a bit of celebrating.

What I didn't get is that after last season where we lost in the final, getting to another one means f*ck all to me at the moment unless we win the bloody thing.

I'm not gonna prance around the pitch celebrating and nor do I want the players to come out at The Den celebrating getting to the final.

I want all that to happen at Wembley if we win, then I'll go mental and the FA can save money as we rip the turf up for them ;-)
  • Options
    As for where all these fans are coming from: as I said, few Chelsea and Arsenal regulars have already text me. They can do one.

Plus my uncle is coming over from Spain with my 2 cousins and my other uncle and son & grandson are coming up from Plymouth. That 6 non-regulars already. Plus my sister wants to go. Plus my brother who goes a few games a season and used to be a season ticket holder. And his girlfriend wants to go.Plus my dad will go, he has only been 10 games this season though. All Millwall except the girlfriend.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]As for where all these fans are coming from: as I said, few Chelsea and Arsenal regulars have already text me. They can do one.

I don't doubt you've had texts but why would a Chelsea regular want to go and see Millwall at Wembley when Chelsea go there at least twice every year?!!
  • Options
    My boss is a Chelsea fan. Goes to most of their homes games, plus the Cup Final. Has already made noises about me getting him a ticket for the play-off final.

He was, in no uncertain terms, told where to put his request!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]As for where all these fans are coming from: as I said, few Chelsea and Arsenal regulars have already text me. They can do one.

I don't doubt you've had texts but why would a Chelsea regular want to go and see Millwall at Wembley when Chelsea go there at least twice every year?!!

First of all Chelsea & Arsenal regulars can't always get final tickets (they ain't season ticket holders but get hold of tickets quite often)

And secondly, when you're out with Millwall it's normally a cracking day on the booze with plenty of laughter, cracking old stories and plenty of excitement. Have taken 1 Arsenal & 1 Chelsea to Millwall this year, they get hooked on the atmosphere and the buzz about it.

Just listen to our captain say last night what a great place it is to play at in front of us etc. Dion Dublin in the commentators box wanted to back us up all night, he loved it here, Tim Cahill still won't have a bad word said about us, Claridge loved it here, Sadlier still raves about Millwall, etc when I bring my mates down they feel that too. Not many other clubs seem to have the same about them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]And there was me thinking that Alex Smithee was the best 'keeper in the league.

Spot on, one of my oldest mates fits that bill. From orpington went to St Olaves the same grammar school that Harriet Harperson's nippers attended but has blossomed into a cast iron, shine your shoes guv'nor geezer complete with gawd bless ya sawagger that was absent when we used to go to Cubs in the leafy suburbs where I honestly dont remember hearing words like "you melt" being part of the dictionary before Football Factory premiered.

"Best dressed fans in England" he was telling me the other day ....told him that if it was chav coutoure he was talking about he was bang to rights and reminded him about his matching burberry cap and scarf set.
    Everything's always little as well, nice little elephant, nice little planet, nice little solar system. Also always loud on the phone, over do the slang and drop the "C Bomb" in every sentence. I remember asking a guy at uni whereabouts in London he was from, he said Bournemouth! Great material for a sketch show!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]

Everything's always little as well, nice little elephant, nice little planet, nice little solar system. Also always loud on the phone, over do the slang and drop the "C Bomb" in every sentence. I remember asking a guy at uni whereabouts in London he was from, he said Bournemouth! Great material for a sketch show!

That reminds me...was in Faliraki in 2002, about 14 of us from South East London & Welling, all around the pool owning the place like Londoners do, when a group of about 20 lads come along (arrived earlier that day) giving it the big I am, strolling about, sounding very mockney, trying to pull girls over who weren't having none of it, then started bombing into the pool (very impressive to the ladies) etc etc

Anyways, got chatting to some, asked where I was from, Eltham, SE London mate...."we're from London too mate"...."oh right, where you from then?"

....I knew they weren't from London proper, so was expecting a sort of Staines/Basildon answer, I got this...

"Milton Keynes"
  • Options
    Ha ha, nice one! Milton Keynes Saaaaan! Anything within the M25 is acceptable as London when abroad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Ha ha, nice one! Milton Keynes Saaaaan! Anything within the M25 is acceptable as London when abroad.

Not always. In malia a few years ago with a bunch of lads including one of my best mates from Hackney but the others from Littlehampton. Went to see this scouse stand up comedian and he asked if any Londoners were in. Me and said Hackney fellow put our hands up (suicide really) and he asked me from where and I said Orpington and preceded to get ripped to pieces by the car- thieving rapscallion.

Couldnt be bothered to trot out the Greater London, met police, london borough malarky as in a room full of predominantly drunken northerners it would have been a pretty boring intervention into Jimmy Tarbuck's routine.
  • Options
    Just seen this on Facebook:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00sj52c/b00sj51j/The_Football_League_Show_2009_2010_18_05_2010/
    At 12:06, Look at what Lee Clark mutters!