Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield vs Millwall

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Greater Manchester Ob now they really like footy fans and always show good old northern hospitality to anyone from London.

Lovely they are ain't they!

haha they're about as bad as those from Yorkshire and Nottingham.

If it's a trouble fixture then you can understand being herded around or being told to stay in certain pubs etc. What you don't need though is the antagonism that you sometimes get, the snide remarks, the threats, then batons into your ribs as you walk....all little things that winds the crowd up and leads to frustration and trouble.

Some plod have got it spot on, good natured, polite etc and the crowd will respond and behave.
  • Options
    So Groucho78MFC remebers a game in 2002 where there wasn't any trouble! Classic!

keep saying it often enough lads - you seem to convince yourselves it's never your lots fault - always somebody else's

poor little things - all together now - awwwwwwww
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: redman[/cite]So Groucho78MFC remebers a game in 2002 where there wasn't any trouble! Classic!

keep saying it often enough lads - you seem to convince yourselves it's never your lots fault - always somebody else's

Prat.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: redman[/cite]So Groucho78MFC remebers a game in 2002 where there wasn't any trouble! Classic!

Think you'll find Millwall fans tend to make the point that it takes two to tango. Whilst we are at fault, it isn't ONLY our fault, and some people like yourself need to pull your head out of the sand and realise that banning Millwall will not all of a sudden stop the stuff that happens at football games. We certainly have more than our fair share of fans who are more than happy to get involved, but it's normally when there is something to get involved in, and that takes another group of fans to facilitate.

Millwall weren't at Burton Albion v Grimsby, Millwall weren't at Luton v York, Millwall weren't at Tottenham v Chelsea, Millwall weren't at Barnsley v Man United, Millwall weren't Charlton v Norwich, Millwall weren't at Tottenham v Leeds, Millwall weren't at Chelsea v Cardiff, Millwall weren't at United v Stoke, Hayes v Luton,....and on and on and on. Games where it's all kicked off or been trouble.

But clearly our fault and only our fault!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Cheers for that SLL. I couldn't even muster the energy to argue my point, seeing as redman had missed it by about 235 miles - i assumed it was pointless.

I agree with Goonerhater about Manchester plod. Most vile mob on the planet.

I also can't believe that I agree with Gonnerhater. I'm going for a lie down!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]

Think you'll find Millwall fans tend to make the point that it takes two to tango. Whilst we are at fault, it isn't ONLY our fault, and some people like yourself need to pull your head out of the sand and realise that banning Millwall will not all of a sudden stop the stuff that happens at football games. We certainly have more than our fair share of fans who are more than happy to get involved, but it's normally when there is something to get involved in, and that takes another group of fans to facilitate.

Millwall weren't at Burton Albion v Grimsby, Millwall weren't at Luton v York, Millwall weren't at Tottenham v Chelsea, Millwall weren't at Barnsley v Man United, Millwall weren't Charlton v Norwich, Millwall weren't at Tottenham v Leeds, Millwall weren't at Chelsea v Cardiff, Millwall weren't at United v Stoke, Hayes v Luton,....and on and on and on. Games where it's all kicked off or been trouble.

But clearly our fault and only our fault!

Ha ha listen to yourself! Obviously you can't be at fault for trouble at games in which Millwall aren't even playing but i don't think that was Redman's point. In games where Millwall are playing, the trouble is by and large down to you lot, especially in big games. Derby and Birmingham in the play offs spring to mind, Hull in the cup. I even read the excuse that the trouble against West ham in the cup this year was because the police halved your allocation. Like giving you lot an extra 1500 tickets would've helped the situation.
    Away fans get kept in at the Den for up to an hour after the game to protect them from attack by you lot.
    Away fans at the Den have to walk to the station in a specially built walkway to protect them from attack by you lot. Does this happen at any other ground?
    Meanwhile the sensible few amongst your lot sit and pray that you win tomorrow night, not just because you'll get to Wembley, but because if you don't win, they'll probably be yet more trouble and the club will be in trouble with the FA.
    Your clubs reputation has been built up through the decades and is one which nearly all of your fans thrive on, so yes it is your fault.
  • Options
    So it was 100 Millwall fans who chased 20 other Millwall fans down Priory Road shouting "come on Millwall" and then plunging a knife into a fathers stomach with his kids?

Derby in the play offs - was that 80 Millwall that turned up at Surrey Docks before the game and called it on with other Millwall fans?

Birmingham - their mob that arrived at London Bridge about 300 handed...must've all been Millwall fans travelling down from Birmingham with tickets in the away end eh?

You've missed the point completely. I'm well aware we have a large section who like a row with another teams fans. I'm well aware we have young kids aged 12-17 who thrive on the reputation and think it gives them permission to be bullies.

We are notorious, Millwall have a support that are more than capable of dealing with any threats and attacks from other supporters up & down the country. That breeds a reputation and ensures that wherever we go the other team turns out as many of their nutters and loons to have a pop at "the famous nasty Millwall".

Millwall have always been like it, and there are other clubs in the country very similar. The point I'm making is that Saturday was partly our fault, but what would've happened if Hudds didn't have 100+ to our right who were throwing bottles and calling it on and then waited for us outside? Would anything have happened? No.

Something happened because there were opposition fans who were behaving just as bad and wanted trouble. So yes, we are to blame, but Hudds aren't no angels and behaved the same yesterday.
  • Options
    Not saying we're never at fault. But for people to sit their in the towers and point fingers when absolutely NO ONE is in possession of ANY facts at all is all a bit pathetic.

I can watch SSN for ten minutes, or a 10 second youtube clip of a pig belting a Millwall fan, and I can formulate an opinion from that quite easily. Most likely to be well off the mark though, so I'll just keep it to myself. The fact is, no one on here really knows what happened at Huddersfield except for SLL. His opinion on the situation should be considered as the most valid on here. But no, thats far too easy. People still want to go on like they were smack-bang in the middle of it. And Hull. And Brum. And west ham.

"I heard this, I heard that". Yeah, ok. Next......
  • Options
    I can't be arsed to read all this - but are 2 MFC having a chat on our board about football violence again ?

FIO for sure

Oink
  • Options
    Could this thread be renamed 'Millwall 1,001 reasons why it wasn't our fault'?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Greater Manchester Ob now they really like footy fans and always show good old northern hospitality to anyone from London.

I think the Manchester OB got there comupance when Rangers played the final there.

[cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]

Lovely they are ain't they!

haha they're about as bad as those from Yorkshire and Nottingham.

If it's a trouble fixture then you can understand being herded around or being told to stay in certain pubs etc. What you don't need though is the antagonism that you sometimes get, the snide remarks, the threats, then batons into your ribs as you walk....all little things that winds the crowd up and leads to frustration and trouble.

Some plod have got it spot on, good natured, polite etc and the crowd will respond and behave.

When we played Derby last Season I found the police there quite allright. Made us all leave the wetherspoons but gave us a lift to another pub in the back of their vans, You can imagine my girlfriend reaction when she phoned me and I tell her im in the back of a meatwagon lol. They let people out of the stadium at half time to have a smoke if they wished and were just friendly. Even asked me to call the coach we went on and he will make sure he parks right out side for us. No attitude at from ob all day.
  • Options
    Please huddersfield... do the business and slaughter 'em
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]Please huddersfield... do the business and slaughter 'em

Agreed. Then Hudds to win final and then that would give us another southern team still in our league
  • Options
    What a terrible game of football. Huddersfield look awful.
  • Options
    Huddersfield are awful, how on earth they made the playoffs is beyond belief.
  • Options
    Millwall players probably deserve to go to Wembley. Their fans dont.
  • Options
    That Novak makes Mooney look like Messi.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]Please huddersfield... do the business and slaughter 'em

LOL! I know someone who won't be happy
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nickaspanner[/cite]Huddersfield are awful, how on earth they made the playoffs is beyond belief.[/quote]

Would have beaten us though!
  • Options
    Huddersfield have been shocking. Crap support from them in both legs as well

Swindon will have a chance vs Millwall, something about Charlie Austin's fairytale season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Morts-Genius[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nickaspanner[/cite]Huddersfield are awful, how on earth they made the playoffs is beyond belief.

Would have beaten us though!

No way mate not at our place anyway.

the pathetic amount of supporters that turned up for Huddersfield in both legs must have rubbed off on the players.
  • Options
    To be fair you only need to follow England away to see what clubs like Millwall get every single weekend. Chicken and egg about how the rep starts and by no means are/have Millwall and England been good little boys but once it does every nutter in the land wants a run at you, regardless of who you are or whether you're interested or not.
  • Options
    Maybe as Wilson says, it is written in the stars that Swindon will go up. And have to agree with Bigred there is something about Austins season that means he is bound to score at Wembley.

Milwall did lose to an underdog last season at Wembley, also beginning with S.
  • Options
    Much as i hate them and it's about as pretty as Dowie in drag,they are getting the job done.

Something we fail miserably on.
  • Options
    look at all their wrongen fans. Bellends.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]look at all their wrongen fans. Bellends.

too be fair we'd have all been on the pitch last night

Still, it's a long way to fall, Wembley losers twice in 2 years? We can dream! lol
  • Options
    Absolute thick Millwank fans are. Morrison had a head bandage on for a reason, yet every fecking scumbag who ran on to the pitch grabbed his head and shook it around. Most of the Millwall players look petrified when they all ran on.
  • Options
    Oh well that's my birthday cancelled.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]look at all their wrongen fans. Bellends.

too be fair we'd have all been on the pitch last night

Still, it's a long way to fall, Wembley losers twice in 2 years? We can dream! lol

to be honest i dont think we would. Only job half done by Millwall. The gonads than ran on only did it cos they was asked not too. Well'ard.

Oh im praying they get spanked mate. Nothing better than seeing 40,000 plastics upset.
  • Options
    I let the Hudders players cross in front of me as they were walking into VCD for training this morning, wish I'd run a few over now. Bloody hopeless.

NB: FLAT CAPS = TOSSER

Anyone wearing a flat cap at the Valley should be banned.