Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

B-mob/Cockney Firestarters

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]If you have read Andy Nicholls (Everton scally hooli) book, A-Z, I wrote a fair amount of the Charlton content, I am no longer active.[/quote]

Didnt realise that was you mate...

:-)

Did the B mob book ever get off the ground?[/quote]

Good question

DA9 update please
  • Options
    Introduction and first chapter were done then it died.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Most of those books are so naff its not true. One "written" by a Chelsea face wasnt actually written by him at all.

Some are no more than a series of peoples collective memories.The book DA9 mentions is a first class example a few people asked to comment and someone puts it in print.

However if you are intrested in football/youth culture etc etc then you cant deny that the hooligan was apiece of yooth culture for a few decades. Clothes and style also played a huge part not just people geting a clump.

A great many of yesterdays hoolies still go as do their kids and their kids in some cases.

Would that have been Frain?
  • Options
    Not Frain I would think it was Marriner?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Most of those books are so naff its not true. One "written" by a Chelsea face wasnt actually written by him at all.

Some are no more than a series of peoples collective memories.The book DA9 mentions is a first class example a few people asked to comment and someone puts it in print.

However if you are intrested in football/youth culture etc etc then you cant deny that the hooligan was apiece of yooth culture for a few decades. Clothes and style also played a huge part not just people geting a clump.

A great many of yesterdays hoolies still go as do their kids and their kids in some cases.

Would that have been Frain?

I've met Frain on a couple of occassions, putting sentences together would not be a strong point for him!
  • Options
    Meaty.
  • Options
    chubby
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]If you have read Andy Nicholls (Everton scally hooli) book, A-Z, I wrote a fair amount of the Charlton content, I am no longer active.

Didnt realise that was you mate...

:-)

Did the B mob book ever get off the ground?

Good question

DA9 update please

Nothing doing at the moment, and in all honesty, at the moment, I dont have the motivation that I once had over it, not that I was ever an original member/founder or main player in B-mob anyway, just someone who has been around, worn the t-shirt and doesn't (hopefully) talk shi te.
  • Options
    You fibber........LOL
  • Options
    B Mob was formed away at Sheff Weds back in the early 80s all aged from 16-19 and about 16 in numbers.

The numbers swelled to about 30-40 with terrace fashion coming about at the time .

All good blokes and great times were had following Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I reckon Soundas formed A Mob back in the 60's.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]I reckon Soundas formed A Mob back in the 60's.

Errr well yeah............ I/we did as a matter of fact.....though not as organised as it all later became....it was far more spontaneous, reacting to incidents that happend inside the ground(90% in The Covered End), as opposed to organised tear-up's and named groups/mobs that came a decade or two later.
  • Options
    get in the ring and have it lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]get in the ring and have it lol

Never saw a 'ring' in The Covered End nolly, otherwise I would have quite willingly especially for the honour of CAFC Covered End.
  • Options
    Tavern, I remember that Sheff Wed away game well ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Al the Addick[/cite]Tavern, I remember that Sheff Wed away game well ;o)

You walk down to the Valley and you here a mighty roar B MOB
  • Options
    what ever happened to Kevin the skinhead? remember him jumping off the underground to have a go at Chelsea only to be met by old bill everywhere who grabbed him lol.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Al the Addick[/cite]what ever happened to Kevin the skinhead? remember him jumping off the underground to have a go at Chelsea only to be met by old bill everywhere who grabbed him lol.

He still goes mate,most of them do.
  • Options
    Yes I have seen a few faces but not him. The streaker a few years back who confronted (can't remember who we were playing) the away goalkeeper was a face, what on earth made him do that ffs?
  • Options
    It was Aston Villa,he was very drunk by all accounts i have chatted to him before about it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I take it he is banned then? mind you we have had bigger p***ks on the pitch this season than that lol.
  • Options
    The goalkeeper was Southgate by all accounts streaker said we are related and Southgate replied not with a dxxk like that we are not!lol!
  • Options
    lol classic! best memory of B mob for me was QPR away, we got there really early and took their pub and by two o clock we had a big mob of QPR very p'ed off outside as old bill wouldn't let them in and then as we left to go to the game we ran them everywhere lol. Think it was that game that Kevin got nicked on way home as I mentioned earlier.
  • Options
    Meaty leftbehind was my term for a book that is full and has extensive vocabulary. I.e it's a heavy read :-)
  • Options
    What that be the QPR game when the green smoke bomb went of at White City when we ran them back up the stairs?? They didn't know what the he'll was going on.....LOL
  • Options
    No that was Chelsea at White City, after we had played at QPR the season after we sent them to the play offs and the battle of Stamford Bridge, basically they were looking for revenge, and they used CS Gas as well on the platform.
  • Options
    Gotcha!!

Bloody hell I was only 15 then!

22 years ago where has the years gone?
  • Options
    meaty
  • Options
    I dont know where the years have gone terry but i can tell you all for nowt tavern would not be allowed out after football if he still acted so stupid! Good night. X
  • Options
    LOL