Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

B-mob/Cockney Firestarters

Comments

• Options
    Any one rember Blackpool away 1975-76 season I think lost 5-0 we were relegated that day
    54 arrests. That was about the first time that some of the more notorious amonst us got send down. Went on a red double decker bus from Bexleyheath.
  • Options
    Anyone read the book Terrace Legends by Cass Pennant? Also anyone heard of Steve 'Wing Nut' Lyons?
  • Options
    Anyone read the book Terrace Legends by Cass Pennant? Also anyone heard of Steve 'Wing Nut' Lyons?
    yep he still goes

• Options
    I remember back in the late 60's, very early 70's there was an away coach called the 'agro' coach. It certainly wasn't of the Lewis variety. It used to leave the Valley at about 11pm and I remember tagging along sometimes and going to places such as Blackpool, Cardiff, Boro, Hudders. Bunch of nutters on it. I was15 at the time and a 'hanger on' who would hide behind the coat tails of every one else. :-) Loved the adrenaline rush though. I think the Henry Irving thing kind of spawned from this era.
    11pm ? I know no one cared about the football, but even so ..........
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited February 2012
    I remember back in the late 60's, very early 70's there was an away coach called the 'agro' coach. It certainly wasn't of the Lewis variety. It used to leave the Valley at about 11pm and I remember tagging along sometimes and going to places such as Blackpool, Cardiff, Boro, Hudders. Bunch of nutters on it. I was15 at the time and a 'hanger on' who would hide behind the coat tails of every one else. :-) Loved the adrenaline rush though. I think the Henry Irving thing kind of spawned from this era.
    11pm ? I know no one cared about the football, but even so ..........
    Should have said Friday night I suppose. :-)

• Options
    Posted By: Addickted
    I reckon Soundas formed A Mob back in the 60's.
    Errr well yeah............ I/we did as a matter of fact.....though not as organised as it all later became....it was far more spontaneous, reacting to incidents that happend inside the ground(90% in The Covered End), as opposed to organised tear-up's and named groups/mobs that came a decade or two later.

yep, that's how it was, small groups from Greenwich, Charlton, Eltham and quite formidable for big games.

• Options
    YOOOOOOF ! ;)
  • Options
    Gosh - this thread is all really exciting!
  • Options
    Don't understand why people read through threads then moan and say they're boring!
  • Options
    YOOOOOOF ! ;)
    not only.
    I'm nearly 60 and i know others with me still get a bit stirred when the away fans are giving it some.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2012
  • Options
    Millsmall pride there image on being the "tough club" trouble is they talk to much.

West ham last year proved that.

As for Charlton firms last time they made the news was with that Southampton business etc...

Not sure what they proved in the league cup match, that they can still pull big numbers if needed? They took their time trying to get to 250 Millwall walking on their own to the ground.
  • Options
    for real
  • Options
    That Barnsley '81 game when Millwall got run was great. At the time I worked with a spanner (who curiously was best mates with Paul Walsh). He told me that the following saturday those spanners at the Valley got a right slagging off in the Canterbury Arms. Told they had made the ' wall a laughing stock and they would never live it down as west ham had been crowing about it. Their response was " But mickey, you should have seen 'em, they were all as big as trees!" Predictably there was an unbelievable turn out by them in the home game a month later and as said previously it was a charlton no show.

Going away in the 70's and 80's was great particularly in our 80/81 promotion season. Remember losing 4-0 away at Chester a week before the Ipswich cup tie and Paul Walsh's dad nicking the corner flag half-way through the second half. Also the SES or South East Shack as the covered end was known - never heard any songs sung about it, but graffiti of SES was rife across south London. Always used to be "we're not the west ham, we're not the millwall, we're the charlton covered end"
    Pittsy, Frain, Casey, Duncan, Hopkins were the leaders that I knew of and used to (I thought) frequent the green man in Welling.
  • Options
    I think many on here would be surprised about how many CL members used to be involved in trouble at football when they were young.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Going away in the 70's and 80's was great particularly in our 80/81 promotion season. Remember losing 4-0 away at Chester a week before the Ipswich cup tie and Paul Walsh's dad nicking the corner flag half-way through the second half.
    Bollox, You sound just like a reprobate I know in the North stand.....

The other classic that day at Chester was one of our fans getting pinched for hurling missiles at half-time.

He was actually just lobbing pebbles at an old petrol can outside the ground (we were 3-0 down and had to make our own entertainment) but the Chester constabulary jumped on him like he was the Yorkshire ripper. Wonder where he is now?

• Options
    We set the hooligan world alight it seems
  • Options
    We set the hooligan world alight it seems
    not really.
    But in those days before seats, taking somewheres end or getting taken was all pretty exciting stuff.

• Options
    Going away in the 70's and 80's was great particularly in our 80/81 promotion season. Remember losing 4-0 away at Chester a week before the Ipswich cup tie and Paul Walsh's dad nicking the corner flag half-way through the second half.

The other classic that day at Chester was one of our fans getting pinched for hurling missiles at half-time.

He was actually just lobbing pebbles at an old petrol can outside the ground (we were 3-0 down and had to make our own entertainment) but the Chester constabulary jumped on him like he was the Yorkshire ripper. Wonder where he is now?

• Options
    Cleaning up that East terrace was hard work...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting thread, great stories.
  • Options
    Anyone remember Bomber from our lot in late 60's?

Always wondered what happened to him.
    Do you mean Bonner from Welling ? Actually more early 70s so maybe not
  • Options

Ha Ha yes happy days, meet in Charlton Village for a few beers, down to the chippie & onto the coach with cans/bottles of booze. Even went to Derby (68/69) @ 11/12pm friday night. (must of been mad)
    Remember waking up in a layby somewhere at 4am ish thick fog & absolutely freezing. Wandering around Derby playing footie in the streets till pub opened (for those who looked old enough, some got left outside). Lost 2-0 but we hit bar/post 4 times & were really unlucky. All went off after the game with Charlton running them all over.
    Games Blackpool, Boro & Huddersfield were lively. Mr. Giles in greatcoat & floppy hat was in his element. We didn't take it but didn't get kicked out of the Cowshed.
    In fact Boro was very very lively, luckily I was young & fit & was pretty nippy on my feet. there were only 2/3 coaches I think 1 agro & 1 or 2 Lewis.Funnily enough we were drinking in Boro Social club (which was a converted house I think) & talking to their "hairy mob" who said they would walk across the park with us as the skin mob used to attack away fans there. Apparently they couldn't stand each other & were always rucking.
  • Options
    "SES" ?
  • Options
    "SES" ?
  • Options
    *Ouch*
  • Options

It was a Fire Extinguisher actually.

No idea where the reprobate is now - I suspect he is a fine upstanding member of the community though. :-)

I believe he was chased by half a dozen locals who thought it would be fun to kick the crap out of a cockerknee - unfortunately I he was a bit quick on his toes in those days and it resembled a Benny Hill chase around Sealand with the locals given a load of abuse with no chance of catching him. The phrase "Chase me" springs to mind.

Happy days!
  • Options
    Lol. Great photo.
  • Options

I remember Bomber. Millwall had a Bomber as well.

• Options

I remember Bomber. Millwall had a Bomber as well.

Birmingham had 6!