Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

B-mob/Cockney Firestarters

Comments

• by the way hon you didnt write that properly above. The streaker was running past gareth southgate an said alright mate i think we might be related an gareth looked down at poor billys wotsit an said no dont think so mate. Funny.
  • Fighting about football! What a joke!
    As if anyone of our fans or any of our oppoistion fans could be bothered!
  • edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Fighting about football! What a joke!
    As if anyone of our fans or any of our oppoistion fans could be bothered!

Chirpy were it as simple as that...I honestly can't go into the why's and wherefores at this time of the morning but some folk do have (as misguided as you may think it may be) a sense of loyalty to their club/tribe...it may well be something that passed you by and hence didn't understand....which often gives some folk the moral high ground....but I for one understood it back in my day....later on it became organised and pretty nasty...I can only speak as I remember it back in the 60's early 70's.
  • Totally agree Soundasa£, can't really put finger on why it was so much of a buzz and looking back out of a 44 year olds eyes it was stupid. Strange how no one ever says anything about mods and rockers though as they had far worst battles than any football fans in their day whilst terrorising whole towns on a bank holiday.
    I guess its a young mans thing to feel part of a tribe etc but unlike nowadays no one hardly ever got seriously hurt or worse.
  • "I dont know where the years have gone terry but i can tell you all for nowt tavern would not be allowed out after football if he still acted so stupid! Good night". X

Sorry Tavern but pmsl ;oP
  • Sometimes you couldn't help but be in the middle of it. If you couldn't get away from a situation, then you've got to defend yourself and your mates.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Sometimes you couldn't help but be in the middle of it. If you couldn't get away from a situation, then you've got to defend yourself and your mates.

What a lot of the youngsters today can't appreciate, is how the game has changed so drastically since the 70's/80's. Now in the day of all seated stadiums, and ticketing policies, you wouldn't be able to appreciate the pride in defending your end. Also when taking the 'special' to some northern outpost and racing out the station, to see if you had a welcoming comittee.

Happy days.
  • The thing that tends to get overlooked from the 60's and 70's is the fact that anyone deemed to be from the opposition was fair game, so you really couldn't avoid getting involved and it evolved into the latter organised firms. As Soundas said earlier, you defended your territory and then took it away and basically took the piss on someone elses patch and it was usually very spontaneous unlike the organised tear ups from the late 80's to date of which I didn't have any involvement in. It's part of our heritage and shouldn't be swept under the table by the pc brigade, but then again I guess you have to have been there to understand it and feel the buzz. I was standing on Embankment station recently and I was recounting a punch up on the stairs with Chelsea back in the 70's we were on our way back from Fulham the train had been stuck in the tunnel due to a bomb scare. It's something from the dim and distant past rekindled 30 odd years later but for me all part of growing up following Charlton.
  • Nolly - I started boxing in December, absolutely love it, but it is a completely different world to spontaneous trouble at football. I would say it takes more balls to get into a ring, it's one on one, there is nowhere to run or hide, nothing else to use, no mates to back you up, just you v him, a tactical battle, it does half make you nervous/adrenalin flow before and during. But it is a different sort of feeling to being with 15 mates in Burnley in a boozer and seeing 20 locals come steaming at you and that whole feeling from landing at an away city to getting home when you're always on guard. Do really enjoy the boxing and can't wait to get over my injury and get cracking again, was hoping to fight in November.
  • half the battle is getting in the ring with the right mind,lost one fight before stepping into it and paid the price. what weight are you my brother in law is lightweight and two fight novice,i could match make and the poor sod is millwall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Some cracking stories on this thread, and as you say there are a lot of the older lads still mingling in with what is so called the yoof ;)
  • Knew it was only a matter of time before sparrows got in on this thread.

What a prick.

• Knew it was only a matter of time before sparrows got in on this thread.

What a prick.

Harsh, he posted over a year ago!
  • Woosh
  • You and sparrows got a bit a theme going between you, I reckon a charity boxing fight between you I will train you jarman
  • Serious sexual tension between the two.
  • Seems that way , all jokes aside this could be a ticket seller these two have history
  • Queensbury Rules or bare knuckle???
  • Queensbury were not animals,I would train Jarman as I know sparrows can take care of himself and is already doing a bit
  • Does it annoy everyone else as much as me when muggy plastic millwall etc supporters say we are a family club?

• Sponsored links:

• The streaker on this thread used to take me and his younger brother to games in the early 80s. Not the best guardian. He used to buy us a hotdog each, make us promise not to move from the spot he left us at and then vanish for a couple of hours.

We only worked out what was going on when we spotted him booting an unfortunate Middlesbrough fan all over the East Terrace.

Many years later when we were old enough to make our own way, he insisted on taking us into the Portmanor at Norwood Junction after the famous 3-0 against Chelsea. It was full of nigels and he was spotted, we ended up running up the railway line to Anerley!
  • Does it annoy everyone else as much as me when muggy plastic millwall etc supporters say we are a family club?

No, because we are!

Not annoyed in the slightest.
  • Anyone remember Bomber from our lot in late 60's?

Always wondered what happened to him.
  • my dads mate got some cracking stories from 60's and 70's with the butchers coats.

• Millsmall pride there image on being the "tough club" trouble is they talk to much.

West ham last year proved that.

As for Charlton firms last time they made the news was with that Southampton business etc...

• Brilliant Thread!
  • RobRob
    edited February 2012
    I remember back in the late 60's, very early 70's there was an away coach called the 'agro' coach. It certainly wasn't of the Lewis variety. It used to leave the Valley at about 11pm and I remember tagging along sometimes and going to places such as Blackpool, Cardiff, Boro, Hudders. Bunch of nutters on it. I was15 at the time and a 'hanger on' who would hide behind the coat tails of every one else. :-) Loved the adrenaline rush though. I think the Henry Irving thing kind of spawned from this era.
  • I think the Henry Irving thing kind of spawned from this era.
    Sshhh! The spawning of Henry is one of the Clique's most valued secret doctrines.
  • I think the Henry Irving thing kind of spawned from this era.
    Sshhh! The spawning of Henry is one of the Clique's most valued secret doctrines.
    lol