Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

B-mob/Cockney Firestarters

Comments

• The thing about the maze hill fiasco was the stupidity in the amount of cameras on display at the station bound to get caught,

Why didint it take place in the park or somewhere else instead, loads of Charlton in a nearby pub getting tanked up and then leaving at an arrangerd time.

Tel has it about Right.
  • Badger said:

The thing about the maze hill fiasco was the stupidity in the amount of cameras on display at the station bound to get caught,

Why didint it take place in the park or somewhere else instead, loads of Charlton in a nearby pub getting tanked up and then leaving at an arrangerd time.

Tel has it about Right.

Hindsight and all that..
  • ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hindsight
    cost alot of people alot doing that
  • DA9 said:

There was also an incident at the Lib in recent years.

I don't think it relates to Maze Hill.

Just a bunch of yokels who think they are up and coming hoolies but in reality are a group of c**ts.

It was linked, although the saints lads we know were called and asked what happened and why phone calls were not made etc (as is the way), they knew nothing of it but said it was their youth trying to make a name as they had heard a few of our lads xdrank in there
    I thought they got the Lib mixed up for the Con ? They were in the Con later, had a beer & were leaving & decided to get lairy & smashed a window. Govnor locked the door saints were outside giving it the bigun & Charlton lads were locked in........for a minute or two, eventually door was opened & saints got the kicking they deserved, apparently they glassed a bloke who was with his young son in the lib earlier.
  • DA9 said:

There was also an incident at the Lib in recent years.

I don't think it relates to Maze Hill.

Just a bunch of yokels who think they are up and coming hoolies but in reality are a group of c**ts.

It was linked, although the saints lads we know were called and asked what happened and why phone calls were not made etc (as is the way), they knew nothing of it but said it was their youth trying to make a name as they had heard a few of our lads xdrank in there
    I thought they got the Lib mixed up for the Con ? They were in the Con later, had a beer & were leaving & decided to get lairy & smashed a window. Govnor locked the door saints were outside giving it the bigun & Charlton lads were locked in........for a minute or two, eventually door was opened & saints got the kicking they deserved, apparently they glassed a bloke who was with his young son in the lib earlier.
    No, back in the day of Maze Hill, the saints lads involved knew the main faces at Charlton drank in the Lib, word goes around, unbeknown to them most had moved onto the cons a few seasons back.

• Badger said:

The thing about the maze hill fiasco was the stupidity in the amount of cameras on display at the station bound to get caught,

Tel has it about Right.

One of the people involved had been told that the cameras at Maze Hill did not work and were only for show etc, and in fact it was never the intention to meet at the station, just in the Maze Hill area, enroute to the station area a train was seen pulling in and their mob seen getting off, events then took a turn quicker than everyone expected, (hindsight indeed)
  • DA9 said:

Badger said:

Tel has it about Right.

One of the people involved had been told that the cameras at Maze Hill did not work and were only for show etc, and in fact it was never the intention to meet at the station, just in the Maze Hill area, enroute to the station area a train was seen pulling in and their mob seen getting off, events then took a turn quicker than everyone expected, (hindsight indeed)

You naughty boys ;-)
  • i herd it was allover the size of pork pies
  • stonemuse said:

mmm bit different from our day Tel

It was rather hairy that day on the tube train coming back from Fulham ... lots of covered enders involved ... but we acquited ourselves well ... remember the walk through the City on the way back from somewhere, Southend I think?

Southend on a Friday night.....bit of a rampage through one of those little shopping malls in the City....few bins got chucked through windows etc....(Allegedly).

• DA9 said:

TEL said:

Just read up about the "maze hill clash" the stories on here are like a different world to what I experience from footie matches now.

Ive just read a bit myself. I didnt realise the Teacher fella was just an keyboard warrior as the various reports suggest. Id always been under the impression he was a Southampton bloke living up north. Funny that theres a Wikipedia page devoted to it.....
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Battle_of_Maze_Hill

Dave Walker (teacher) was not a keyboard warrior, was known on the England scene, and at Saints, but he was not a main face/player, wasnt at the incident (I was) as he did live in the midlands, was key in the arrangements at Maze Hill, which, incidently goes back to saints away in Nov 2001 and bullying/libertys taken by saints lads in a boozer (but they came unstuck even with superior numbers), Maze Hill was April 2002, and was their doing/initiative as they felt they had to save face due to the Nov game at St Marys.
    Thanks for clearing that up, I know that youre "in the know" so to speak.

Interesting after reading this I was sitting here bored during the afternoon and sat and watched The Football Fight Club parts one and two.....was interesting to see pt one with the old football specials, just as I remember them, but I was a bit alarmed at part two....two things in particular. Firstly was the scouser who said that it wasnt just Liverpool over for the fight that ended in tragedy at the Heysel, he mentions Chelsea, Bristol City.......and Charlton....I had to replay the scene three times as I couldnt believe that 1. we were mentioned 2. we were involved. Im still a bit shell shocked that we were implicated.

The second scene was an Interview with Jeal from Bristol Rovers and how Sweden 92 affected his views on Hooliganism and he then turned to god (each to their own), Ive met him through another Rovers fan and he is a really likeable bloke. The scene of a Swedish fella getting kicked unconcious was bad enough, but when they cut to a scene 5 minutes later and the kid was still laying on the ground and "real he men" were walking past and stamping and kicking the kid really got my bile up........just so wrong on so many fronts. Jeal now visits kids in detention as a Chaplain and I felt he regretted the part he played in the England football scene...maybe he sees this as redemption if such a thing exists.

For me, one of the old timer Chelsea blokes summed up my generations view of the bad old days when he said that as soon as someone went down, you left them alone as you knew they'd had enough. You didnt kick the shit out of someone unconcious. Some here will say that the whole scene was unacceptable, maybe so, but in my day it was certainly better to be in with the boys in numbers with relative strangers who you knew would help you out if you were in trouble...even if just on nodding terms as Baldy mentions. Part one of the above mentioned program sums up the time really well and some of the reasons behind why people got involved, inevitably it just spun out of control and drastic measure were taken. The program is well worth a watch both for old timers like me and people who just dont get why people got sucked into the culture.

• Sponsored links:

• Tel saw some horrible shit during the "good old days" ---stabbings people hit with hammers etc.

as for the Hysel thing there was business cards left on the terraces "BMob" etc it was in several ofthe broad sheets at the time.
  • Sounds like we had a really hard mob that never ever lost a fight!
  • Regarding the Sheff Wed FA Cup game '06.
    One of their lot claimed he and a mate got their heads kicked in by 40 or so Charlton that day in Danny Dyer's pwopa Nawty Football Factories, said it was the worse kick in he has had!
  • Not really surprising, if there were 40 people kicking two peoples' heads in
  • Plumpo you miss the point !! In the mythology of football herbertism---no one ever loses a fight, runs away, or gets hurt.

• and people who just dont get why people got sucked into the culture.

People were sucked in for the excitement, cameraderie, travel, fresh air, excercise, booze-ups. Violence played a very small part, sometimes a bit of brawling before one side or the other ran.
  • Tel saw some horrible shit during the "good old days" ---stabbings people hit with hammers etc.

as for the Hysel thing there was business cards left on the terraces "BMob" etc it was in several ofthe broad sheets at the time.

wow, fair enough I must have missed the paper reports.....Yeah Ive seen some of the other stuff too.....Southampton in 76 was a pretty bloody evening, but that another story. Thanks for replying.
  • TELTEL
    edited October 2012

and people who just dont get why people got sucked into the culture.

People were sucked in for the excitement, cameraderie, travel, fresh air, excercise, booze-ups. Violence played a very small part, sometimes a bit of brawling before one side or the other ran.

And the posturing :-)

Oh and the urban orienteering looking for the other sides mob in the back streets of places like Chesterfield (one for Stonemuse)
  • If i remember rightly southampton 76 we were infiltrated inside the ground and things kicked off just before the end.
  • If i remember rightly southampton 76 we were infiltrated inside the ground and things kicked off just before the end.

One of ours was stabbed. Word went around and the famous pincer movement forced the Southampton lot out of the South Terrace and it went off big time behind what is now the West stand and the exit gate to what is now the South Stand. One of my mates was done for GBH, which at the time was a bit of a shock as normally youd get a clip round the ear and sent on your way. Was actually a really good night of football 6-2.

• Sponsored links:

• I was thinking of a night game at Southampton, late 70's?
  • `Urban orienteering'
    pmsl
    the youngsters would not understand.
  • Remember Newcastle and Sunderland getting turned over in 1978 at the south gate after the game
  • I was thinking of a night game at Southampton, late 70's?

This was the Valley. Southampton had won the FA Cup if I remember rightly...it was an evening game...I think it was a Friday night too......Those silly gates were put in around this time.....remember the one by the West Stand and the other one on the East....didnt really achieve much.

• edited October 2012
    TEL said:

and people who just dont get why people got sucked into the culture.

And the posturing :-)

"Oh and the urban orienteering looking for the other sides mob in the back streets of places like Chesterfield (one for Stonemuse)"

lol ... remember it very well mate ... interesting day
  • Maybe we should start up the bmob again ;-)
  • sorry mate the code book was burnt years back ----there can be no going back
  • that and i'm not sure DM's go with chinos.
  • Maybe we should start up the bmob again ;-)

CL MOB?
  • Cardie firestarters