Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liverpool & Shelvey

Comments

• Options
    i'm not sure where this slagging off lark has come from. i haven't seen anybody slag Shelvey off in this thread. Suggesting that it is understandable why he didn't feature much last year is not slagging him off and to sat he was brilliant when he did play is incorrect. He's potentially a very good player. that's it.
  • Options
    It wasnt understandable why he wasn't played in his proper position.

It also wasn't understandable why he was put on the bench for a JPT game when he'd started in all our opening games when surely it wouldve made sense to rest him.

But heyho, he's gone, we apparently got a fantastic deal so we move on eh.
  • Options
    Jonjo's conduct was exemplary at Charlton and it is a shame that he wasn't selected more, particularly when Racon's form was indifferent to say the least for much of the time.

However we can't change the past and he has left us. I for one will watch his future career with interest and wish him all the best at the hub cap stealers and beyond.
  • Options
    Here's the test:

Charlton draw Liverpool in the FA Cup 3rd Round (yes, far-fetched, I know). Shelvey starts.

Now, how well do you want him to play?

And no soft get-outs like "I hope we win 4-3, but Shelvey gets a hat-trick."

Good luck to the boy, but he's nothing to do with us now.
  • Options
    I accept that he's gone, we have to move on etc, etc. But isn't it also important that we ie the fans/Parky/the board learn from our mistakes and try to ensure that things are handled differently next time.
    My concern is that the likes of Waggy/Solly and perhaps other promising youngsters receive similar treatment and we end up under utilising their talent and they depart prematurely.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]Here's the test:

Charlton draw Liverpool in the FA Cup 3rd Round (yes, far-fetched, I know). Shelvey starts.

Now, how well do you want him to play?

And no soft get-outs like "I hope we win 4-3, but Shelvey gets a hat-trick."

Good luck to the boy, but he's nothing to do with us now.

I think a lot would depend on the celebration and i would bet money it would be a very muted one.
  • Options
    Probably a golf swing!
  • Options
    Now that would be funny
  • Options
    maybe a few nescafe hand signals to our bench
  • Options
    I would want JJ to have a good game but Charlton win 1-0 on the 96th
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If JJ's elders and betters keep on under-performing as they did again today against Blackpool and the mighty Luke Varney, do you think he has a chance of a debut league appearance before the season gets too much older?

One would like to think so. Although the 20 first team appearances we were told he is promised in his contract still seems improbable to me...
  • Options
    currentlyt watching Liverpool v Chelsea (Res) 2oth Oct with Jonjo on sky 434
  • Options
    I reckon with Liverpool in the the hole if he gets his chance he could becoem an instant hero...

A rooneyesque magician for Liverpool...

Would be great...

We can add him to our weekly viewing of Luke Young, Darren Bent, Murphy, Thomas, Varney, Konchesky, Andy Reid, Parker, Carson, etc littered throughout the premier league....

(ive just started crying)
  • Options
    Looks like Jonjo will get plenty of game time for Liverpool in the Championship next season!
  • Options
    they are only 5 points from a champions league place. what's the worry?
  • Options
    Lol!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]I reckon with Liverpool in the the hole if he gets his chance he could becoem an instant hero...

A rooneyesque magician for Liverpool...

Would be great...

We can add him to our weekly viewing of Luke Young, Darren Bent, Murphy, Thomas, Varney, Konchesky, Andy Reid, Parker, Carson, etc littered throughout the premier league....

(ive just started crying)

You forgot Marcus Bent
  • Options
    we can forget about him... hes a c***
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]we can forget about him... hes a c***

Not a fan then
  • Options
    Just watched LFC and they have a England U19 striker, Michael Ngoo. Hes about 6'5 and very good.

He'd do us a turn...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Feck the useless scouse caaaaarnt, would rather we played tuna tbh, ready or not. Why should we be a club that tests other clubs kids before our own. Besides, with a 6'5 forward, our defenders would just lump it up there all game rather than just 90% of it like now, don't encourage them.
  • Options
    Mainly because they're more than likely far more suited to league football than our academy has produced :0(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Just watched LFC and they have a England U19 striker, Michael Ngoo. Hes about 6'5 and very good.

He'd do us a turn...

He's quite a good player, scored a good goal for England U19's when NLA and me went to watch them. I believe he's playing tomorrow when they play Albania.
  • Options
    No thanks, jonjo deal with Liverpool or not. If we don't get any reserves at a decent salary with the usual terms of the holding club paying a portion of their salary, why should we be used as a feeder club for them? Anyway if we sort ourselves out we could be playing them in the league next season so feck the RS.still I think they have more important things to worry about at the moment, and I don't mean champions league football.
  • Options
    After Brentford I'd play you upfront if meant we got out of this pub league.....

Robert Lee's boy is playing for West Ham's reserves atm.
  • Options
    Jonjo just missed a penalty for the U19s in their final qualifier
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Jonjo just missed a penalty for the U19s in their final qualifier[/quote]

where did you see/hear that?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Jonjo just missed a penalty for the U19s in their final qualifier

where did you see/hear that?

Follow it here

updates

We've seemingly battered them, then let one in right on half time.