Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liverpool & Shelvey

Comments

• Options
    Apparantly Jan Molby has "heard alot of good things about Shelvey".
  • Options
    northampton through. 4 2 on pens
  • Options
    4 2 Northampton LMAO Hogsons getting sacked
  • Options
    I'm off to bed, don't care if the mickeys go through or out but Jonjo scored in the shootout!!!

Get in!
  • Options
    O dear Liverpool, goodbye.....
  • Options
    poor old roy at liverpool,great at fulham but a touch of the les reed about him at liverpool.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Does anyone on here seriously think anyone at Liverpool gives a shit about the league cup? Hodgson getting sacked because of this? Behave.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Does anyone on here seriously think anyone at Liverpool gives a shit about the league cup? Hodgson getting sacked because of this? Behave.

What has he done to change them around from last season though? Nothing IMO, I know he hasn't had the funds but most Liverpool fans seem to think that a bit more coaching and man management and they have a team of worldbeaters, and I think this goes to show that he can't change things around.

I feel for him, as the squad he has inherited is shocking. Agger, Skrtel, Carragher aren't good enough CB's. Lucas, Maxi Rodriguez, Jovanovic don;t look good enough either. He gambled by changing all 11 for tonight and it hasn't worked, and I honestly think he'll be sent packing now, but the question is, is there anyone idiotic enough to take over the job?
  • Options
    never said that,but i think his out of his depth there,time will tell
  • Options
    What a turnaround

Cobblers shop has changed since that link, but it was accurate at the time

Hard luck to Jonjo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just watching it on lfctv full match. Commentators were raving about him once he come on. So chuffed he scored the pen.
  • Options
    Merseyside must be a fun place this week, Liverpool and Everton are truly awful at the moment
  • Options
    Lollerpool they are in a mess with their owners not being able to afford repayments, an ageing Gerrard still carrying the team and Torres who looks a shadow of the player he was a couple of seasons ago.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Does anyone on here seriously think anyone at Liverpool gives a shit about the league cup? Hodgson getting sacked because of this? Behave.

Yeah, I suppose they have their title challenge to fall back on, oh, I mean Champions League, oh.

Hate the ignoring the cup attitude by clubs who aren't going to do anything else, fair enough Chelsea doing it but Liverpool have had a dreadful start to the season and they clearly aren't going to go down so I'm sure the fans and board wouldn't mind a cup run to make up for (bar a miracle) another mediocre season. Of course it's not going to get him sacked but he has done worse than Benitez so far and any win would be great for them at the moment.
  • Options
    Even though I have only been a Charlton fan for 12 or so years, Shelvey is one of the only players that have left the club and I have genuinly hoped he would do well and go onto better things. Great to see him score a pen and by all accounts give a good showing. Pity they did not go through as the league cup would offer Shelvey more first team football.
  • Options
    Great stuff JJ. Was praying he wouldn't miss, seen a few decent comments about him from scousers already.

''Only positive of the night'' was one
  • Options
    Well done to Jonjo! Really want him to do well, & hope this display gives him another shot sooner, rather than later.
    I'm still stunned & gutted that Parkinson barely used him when he should have last season, & what could have been :-(

(Now waiting for GolfAdick to say some nonsense about Jonjo, & how it was only against League 2 opposition, or something like that.)
  • Options
    if he had scored a penalty for us in the Carling Cup 2nd round would we have thought he was brilliant - the fact that he did it for Liverpool
    makes him the white Pele ?
  • Options
    if he had scored a penalty for us in the Carling Cup 2nd round would we have thought he was brilliant - the fact that he did it for Liverpool
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]if he had scored a penalty for us in the Carling Cup 2nd round would we have thought he was brilliant - the fact that he did it for Liverpool
    It wasn't that great a comment the first time you made it fella.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well-done jonjo shame that you never got more opportunity.the mickey mousers are saying you were great when you got on

Will put a bit of pressure on hodgson to give you more game time.

Al, u lot must have been chuffed to bits excellent cameo wish him and your brother well for me.

Looking forward to Belgium
  • Options
    Glad for Jonjo.Its earthquake time at Liverpool.Massive Debts,ordinary players and others fast fading.Once the dust settles and they realise they are a middle table club with no available money they will have to go for an old fashioned rebuilding exercise and give kids like Shelvey a chance.
    In any case I have gone off Liverpool since they turned up against Fulham playing 10 reserve players.Fulham went on to get their first win in ages.That's the year we went down.
  • Options
    I'll never forget a beautifully placed and curling corner that he took at an away game v Norwich. It was jaw dropping and reeked of class. I'm very saddened, and puzzled too, that it didn't work out for us. I'd felt that Jonjo didn't look happy playing for us, but it's very pleasureable to see him doing so well now.
  • Options
    JJ doing so well now? Get a grip, he played 20 minutes as a late sub for Liverpool reserves in a home defeat to Northampton. Not his fault, I get the feeling that there is a lot of pressure to play local scallies first, if JJ was a local lad he would have had a better chance of starting last night. Sounds like he did ok when he came on, so may have pushed himself up the pecking order for the next game in Europe, hope he doesn't now have to wait for the third round of the FA cup in Jan.
  • Options
    Loved these comments from the Scouse forum:

It's the Shelvey show at the moment, his class is a mile above the rest of the players.
    Shelvey's crossing has been brilliant.

Then Hodgson comes out with crap like Jonjo was only any good because Northampton were already knackered ... great motivation!

He did well but the fact is he came on in extra-time and people were tiring.
  • Options
    As well as the ever-developing Shelvey, Liverpool have yet more light at the end of the tunnel - they're at home to Sunderland on Saturday and we always act as the fall guy in games like this!
  • Options
    Whilst I'm pleased that Jonjo did well when he came on, only getting on in extra time in a cup match with no first team players doesn't bode well for his future IMHO.
  • Options
    He's only 18 and there were a number of first team players. I agree that it seems unlikely that he'll be getting a lot of opportunity this season though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]if he had scored a penalty for us in the Carling Cup 2nd round would we have thought he was brilliant - the fact that he did it for Liverpool

We might have thought it pretty special that an 18 year old on his home debut for Liverpool puts his name up for a pen when others hide. He then steps up in front of the kop and cooly sends the goalkeeper the wrong way with a lovely placed shot. On the otherhand you might just be a jerk a boo him.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    The only way Woy will be able to see what he's like over 90 minutes in the premiership is by bloody playing him!!

Unc, I felt proud of Jonjo last night simply because of his Charlton past, you & the family must be over the moon. It's a start to his Liverpool career & as you said, some older players hid from their penalty, their leading scorer Ngog missed his penalty as well.

Tell Jonjo to cripple Lucas in training for me, I've always hated him but don't know why!!!!!!