Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liverpool & Shelvey

Comments

• Options
    it was more of a sarcy comment mate, hence the little winky fella.

ive heard rumours of the defoe saga, but as you so probably best not to talk about here.
  • Options
    Black Forest Red said "He looks to have filled out a tad from last season (or was that just the TV?)"

I also noticed this and have thought that the only thing holding JonJo back was his lack of pace, and wondered if his desire to cover so much ground compromised his development in this regard.

Uncle - can you comment on this, and do you have any insight into how his training differs from that at Sparrows Lane?
  • Options
    completely different complex to train at though Harvey!
  • Options
    I think he still covers a lot of ground when he plays,he seems fitter and stronger now although i think that prostats said he covered more ground than any other player so he was working hard (despite Mr Parkinson saying he wasn't working as hard). I wont say anything about comparing the training otherwise i will be accused of insulting Charlton and have my reasons for posting on here questioned. I will say it seems just a little more professional where he is now,he also done a lot of work himself in the period where he was at neither club. I dont think the covering of ground compromised his development,he's a box to box player and there were times when not everyone was working as hard so he ran more. I also think in coming short to get the ball from defence although criticised by some was just to stop the continuos long ball up to Burton. Something that seems to be becoming the norm now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ct_addick[/cite]I see academy products like one of your own kids. You nurture and support them and when they leave home you still care,support and hope they do well in the outside world. So I don't think anyone in their right mind would begrudge Jonjo anything but the very best for the future.

we can say the same for our mate jermain then? ;-)

Always a problem child in a family ! But I still tell my son defoe started at cafc when he plays.jonjo and his family acted with class and respect for our club so all the best to them......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Oi NSS dont you start as well i'll think there is a clique against muppets ;-)

Kap10 He rents a lovely house up there, he's brother and mates go up for games each week (i think cos they like the night life). His dad goes up and stays with him 3 days a week and his mum goes up there the other 4 so he's always got someone there with him. Other family members have been up to watch him but as of yet i haven't. I've only been to see him for England. His mum and dad go to all the games they can if not both then one will certainly be there.

Thanks Uncle. Interesting to hear how he is getting on and how hios friends and family are supporting him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]it was more of a sarcy comment mate, hence the little winky fella.

Fair enough mate, I should have lightened up
  • Options
    Well proud of him. Always look out for the pool squad to see if he is in it. I saw him at bluewater once with a bird (probably on a date) and I went up to him giving it the old Jonjo Jonjo, very decent lad was good enough to have a chat.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: agim[/cite]Well proud of him. Always look out for the pool squad to see if he is in it. I saw him at bluewater once with a bird (probably on a date) and I went up to him giving it the old Jonjo Jonjo, very decent lad was good enough to have a chat.

And so ended his fledgling relationship ;-)
  • Options
    Yeah, I bet Jonjo was well pleased with you Agim :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I doubt it will have ruined a relationship. Just made the gold digging bitches feel they are on to a good one! At 16/17 getting recognised at Bluewater by fans is a turn on for alot of these girls nowdays!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]I doubt it will have ruined a relationship. Just made the gold digging bitches feel they are on to a good one! At 16/17 getting recognised at Bluewater by fans is a turn on for alot of these girls nowdays!

She's actually a lovely girl,they have been together ages.
  • Options
    Unc, is his missus Chelsea?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]I doubt it will have ruined a relationship. Just made the gold digging bitches feel they are on to a good one! At 16/17 getting recognised at Bluewater by fans is a turn on for alot of these girls nowdays!

Im sure they have, i was just being stereotypical of the WAG culture that girls seem to want to get in to. I have seen it myself, some of my pals play for Cray Wanderers who are only Semi Pro and girls flock around them, so it must be worse if you are a pro. Obviously there are a few exceptions. Coleen was with Rooney before he made his name etc. Good luck to them.

Seems he has his head screwed on with the ladies too, getting a decent girl tied in early!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]I doubt it will have ruined a relationship. Just made the gold digging bitches feel they are on to a good one! At 16/17 getting recognised at Bluewater by fans is a turn on for alot of these girls nowdays!

lol this really made me chuckle. dizzle, CL very own david brent ;-)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I know David Brent is from the office but i have never seen that show, so i have no idea what to make of that comment.

I was only joking about anyway, being controversial to the dumb girls i experience all the time on nights out.

Prime example being, i tried to chat up this bird once but she wasnt interested, so for a laugh my mate went up to her after and said "oh you missed out there, he plays for Leyton Orient"...10 minutes later she comes over and wants to be all nice and flirty. So then i told her where to go! Skanks

Anyway, rant over for the day

JONJO JONJO JONJO JONJO
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Unc, is his missus Chelsea?

What her name or supports them? It aint her name and i bloody hope she dont support them otherwise she's well gone down in my estimation ;-)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]I know David Brent is from the office but i have never seen that show, so i have no idea what to make of that comment.

I was only joking about anyway, being controversial to the dumb girls i experience all the time on nights out.

Prime example being, i tried to chat up this brid once but she wasnt interested, so for a laugh my mate went up to her after and said "oh you msised out there, he plays for Leyton Orient"...10 minutes later she comes over and wants to be all nice and flirty. So then i told her where to go! Skanks

Anyway, rant over for the day

JONJO JONJO JONJO JONJO

Blimey she was impressed you played for Orient......I'll have to tell people i play for Charlton Life (when i say people i mean women)
  • Options
    People eh Unc, bit like that are we - alternative lifestyle I think they call it :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]People eh Unc, bit like that are we - alternative lifestyle I think they call it :-)

They might call it that but i have other names for it ;-)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I think he still covers a lot of ground when he plays,he seems fitter and stronger now although i think that prostats said he covered more ground than any other player so he was working hard (despite Mr Parkinson saying he wasn't working as hard). I wont say anything about comparing the training otherwise i will be accused of insulting Charlton and have my reasons for posting on here questioned. I will say it seems just a little more professional where he is now,he also done a lot of work himself in the period where he was at neither club. I dont think the covering of ground compromised his development,he's a box to box player and there were times when not everyone was working as hard so he ran more. I also think in coming short to get the ball from defence although criticised by some was just to stop the continuos long ball up to Burton. Something that seems to be becoming the norm now.

Thanks for the response Uncle, but his workrate can compromise his development. I'm not an expert but it's all to do with slow and fast twitch muscles, where slow make you good over distance and fast make you a good sprinter. Most of us are 50/50 but genetics can make you better at one and so does training. Distance work can convert fast fibres to slow but it is very difficult to switch the other way (using heavy weights). From puberty until you stop growing is a crucial determinate of how your mix will be.
  • Options
    Oh right i'll take your word for it,i know very little about sports science. I was just giving my thoughts on it. He is a bit quicker now or seems to be but i have no idea of the reason for that.
  • Options
    Yes he had a run against a guy in the European match and didn't look off the pace, perhaps filling out a bit has helped, and maybe he does a few weights. Let's hope we see him in the Prem soon, it can't be too hard to get in front of Lucas, Poulson, Maxi and Meirles. It's a shame his best position is filled by Gerrard.
  • Options
    Any news on if he'll be in the squad on Sunday? Just seen that they're on Sky away to Bolton at 1:30.
  • Options
    I think they are the 4pm game sunday with Sunderland v Newcastle on first at 1.30
  • Options
    Schoam i will find out for sure but i would be surprised if he wasn't on the bench
  • Options
    "Shelvey could never play like that for us"

You must have never seen him play mate, was MoM in many a match but one game stands out, Saint's away. Best player on the pitch by a mile.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    happy alan from essex in bisexual shocker
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]happy alan from essex in bisexual shocker
    LMAO