Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liverpool & Shelvey

Comments

• Options
    DRF - I agree with Uncle, don't read the thread if you don't want updates on Shelvey.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RalphMilnesgut[/cite]DRF - I agree with Uncle, don't read the thread if you don't want updates on Shelvey.

Unfortunately there are several people on here that have to make an aserbic comment on threads they have no interest in as they cannot help themselves. Shame really as this thread should be about a succesful Charlton Academy product & a nice lad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]where will he sit next season when we play the Hammers in the league...;o)

*looks to the sky and hopes*

I will sit with Charlton and drink in the lib as usual :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]where will he sit next season when we play the Hammers in the league...;o)

*looks to the sky and hopes*

I will sit with Charlton and drink in the lib as usual :)

Fair enough, I only asked the question as you seemed to be only interested in Charlton as far as Shelvey goes, if that's not true, then that is a very simple answer to a very simple question.

And yes I could have not read it, I certainly don't read all the posts ( I have been reading a lot longer than I have been contributing) and yes I have read the Lloyd Sam one so point taken on that one, but it doesn’t seem as bitter or personal as this one. I only asked within this thread as it seemed that an argument was progressing between the 'defend' Shelvey and the 'attack' Shelvy sides. I use those terms as it seems no-one disputes he is a nice lad and played well for us.

The main reason I asked was because of Uncles comments about 'Don't beleive everything Parky tells you' This seemed particularly unsupportive of the club and suggested that Uncle is angry with Charlton for their treatment of him or the way it was portrayed or something, and that he was now 'anti' the club.

It seems that its none of my business if people attack Parky without expanding or explaining their reasons so I shall say no more on the subject.
  • Options
    Lmao! Gotta say Uncle has given some good insight and I am really pleased for JJ surely that next England level will be calling soon?
  • Options
    DRF, why would Jonjo or uncle be 'angry at Charlton' for his treatment? tbh I doubt he cares about last season, he's moved onto bigger and better things, and I for one am interested to see if he can fulfil the promise we all agree that he has.
  • Options
    With all due respect DFR if the parky comment was the main reason you was asking then why have you only just brought it up and why did you not quote that comment instead of the one i posted to NSS which had nothing to do with the parky comment.
  • Options
    Uncle is charlton FACT

he is just an ex hamster muppet who hhas seen the light
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Uncle is charlton FACT

he is just an ex hamster muppet who hhas seen the light

Oi steady on you, whats with all this muppet stuff ;-)
  • Options
    I'm as proud that we are associated with JJ as any CAFC should be with our home grown talent and love to hear about their progress. I've even got stick for being so when mentioning players that never made it with us but that are doing OK now!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How many games has he played for them now? one start and two? subs?

Make that two game (sub appearances count as 1/2 a game) so only another 8 games before we get some more cash.

Thought he looked comfortable v Napoli in the first half, good luck to the young man.
  • Options
    Really pleased for Jonjo of course. Hope to see him back at some stage in a cup tie. Imho the reason we still have affection for Jonjo more so than other players is because he was/is a talented player (Sam divided opinion), never publically moaned about not being in the side when we all know he should have been given more chances and did not openly express a desire to leave (unlike Parker). Also he I think we all knew he would go on to much better things and it was only a matter of time. How can you begrudge someone the chance to play for Liverpool.

If there is one phrase on this thread that really hits home it was from Uncle who said "6 months ago he was a bench warmer for Racon now he's just played european football against Napoli". Sums it up!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]aserbic

ffs if we're gonna write big grown up words that no one (well i couldn't) understands can we at least spell them right so it's easy to look up in the dictionary ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]How many games has he played for them now? one start and two? subs?

Make that two game (sub appearances count as 1/2 a game) so only another 8 games before we get some more cash.

Thought he looked comfortable v Napoli in the first half, good luck to the young man.

Does it not include friendlies or is it only competitive games because he started against BMG.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]aserbic

ffs if we're gonna write big grown up words that no one (well i couldn't) understands can we at least spell them right so it's easy to look up in the dictionary ;-)

lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Does it not include friendlies or is it only competitive games because he started against BMG.
    Assuming you mean the clauses I doubt they include friendly appearances.
  • Options
    LMAO Ex Hamster ha ha ha ha ha
  • Options
    all hamsters are muppets

you in association with your hamster history can not lose the muppet tag until your 5th charlton season nailed on fact and you my man are only 3 in

x z

:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]How many games has he played for them now? one start and two? subs?

Does it not include friendlies or is it only competitive games because he started against BMG.

BMG!

Reminds me of the old joke

Q:Whose the most unpopular man in football
    A: The one who starts the "gives us a B" Chant at Borusia Munchengladbach
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Wouldn't say unpopular, but i would say inappropriate,

i think you let him off lightly AFKA.

I'll just speak for myself of course. JonJo Shelvey was the shining light in my unremitting misery as a Charlton fan since we fell out of the Prem. From the first time I saw him I felt he was not just a very good player, but a special one, somebody who can do things you wont often see at a club like Charlton, even in the Prem. I treasure the times I got to see him live, and I always knew that the odds were he would go soon.
    Then when I discovered he had an uncle who was coming on here I thought that was amazing because we got some real insights into the real life of a player. That of course is only possible because of the internet. And I want to say that Uncle's general behaviour, especially when JonJo wasnt selected in the second half of the season was gracious and restrained. I had the impression from the pitch that JonJo was a balanced and well grounded kid. But you cant judge that just by what happens on the pitch. Uncle's contributions gave me reason to believe that's really the way JonJo is. Finally the way JonJo stayed with this club last season, and the way he left, has everything in common with Darren Bent, and nothing in common with Scott Parker or Jermain Defoe. That is why, for me JonJo will be forever Charlton. That is why I sought out ITV4 to watch him against Napoli. That is why, when he made a superb surging run through the middle which Jovanovic just failed to connect with, I was ready to raise the roof to celebrate the inevitable goal. After the game, the first thing i wanted to read was what Uncle had to say, how did JonJo feel after the game? You can't get that from a match report. Unless you think those inane after match interviews are worth a flying ****. I know Uncle's a hamster. But it is also bloody obvious that he's developed a soft spot for Charlton. So as far as I'm concerned, it's not just his right to post here. Its one of the main reasons why I come here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    steady Prague your give him statures of grandue, as NLA said dont forget he's a muppett ;-)
  • Options
    Uncle on the more domestic side of things, where is he living now, have Liverpool set jhim up in a flat, does he share with other "yoof"? does he have the opportunity to see his family much? Do they travel to all the games?
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Oi NSS dont you start as well i'll think there is a clique against muppets ;-)

Kap10 He rents a lovely house up there, he's brother and mates go up for games each week (i think cos they like the night life). His dad goes up and stays with him 3 days a week and his mum goes up there the other 4 so he's always got someone there with him. Other family members have been up to watch him but as of yet i haven't. I've only been to see him for England. His mum and dad go to all the games they can if not both then one will certainly be there.
  • Options
    I see academy products like one of your own kids. You nurture and support them and when they leave home you still care,support and hope they do well in the outside world. So I don't think anyone in their right mind would begrudge Jonjo anything but the very best for the future.
  • Options
    The golf swing would be a great celebration WHEN he scores!
  • Options
    I personally always read this thread am grateful that uncle posts with updates, long may it continue. Uncle top bloke(not ars licking) send best wishes to JJ and be great if we can get him back in the near future in a friendly or cup im sure he'll get a good reception i hope he does.
  • Options
    Sold to Liverpool !!!
    WTF !!!!

I thought Parky was just waiting for him to improve enough to get into our 1st team.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ct_addick[/cite]I see academy products like one of your own kids. You nurture and support them and when they leave home you still care,support and hope they do well in the outside world. So I don't think anyone in their right mind would begrudge Jonjo anything but the very best for the future.

we can say the same for our mate jermain then? ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Sold to Liverpool !!!
    WTF !!!!

I thought Parky was just waiting for him to improve enough to get into our 1st team.

HAHA
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]we can say the same for our mate jermain then? ;-)

Nope. Because as I said earlier, the behaviour of Defoe and his family were the polar opposite of the Shelveys'. Same with Parker, although being older I dont think his family had much to do with it,

You do know the Defoe story I suppose ? (although we probably have to be careful what we write, if not, so as not to dump AFKA's site in the shit.)