Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liverpool & Shelvey

Comments

• Options
    I thought he was quality 2nite . He is getting bigger with every month going by.

Couldn't fit in our team the Effing shame of it what a f***red up decisionshould have sacked Parkinson for that. We wouldn't be in the mess we are now
  • Options
    Too good to play alongside our players.

2 Liverpool fans stabbed last night, hope they're ok.
  • Options
    Konch was the youngest player to make his debut for Charlton, until Shelvey took that honour. I was waiting all night for the commentator to refer to it. Or Andy Townsend. Andy, your dad played for Charlton so you could have made a passing comment about the connection surely? Andy NEVER talks about his dad playing for us does he?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Too good to play alongside our players.

2 Liverpool fans stabbed last night, hope they're ok.

Again?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Konch was the youngest player to make his debut for Charlton, until Shelvey took that honour. I was waiting all night for the commentator to refer to it. Or Andy Townsend. Andy, your dad played for Charlton so you could have made a passing comment about the connection surely? Andy NEVER talks about his dad playing for us does he?[/quote]

not normally but was surprised that he did mention it on wednesday night when they were doing a malcolm allison tribute on the champions league coverage
  • Options
    so, a year ago tomorrow we were away at Gillingham in League 2 and Shelvey didn’t even get off the bench. Last night he played 90 minutes for Liverpool in Europe against Napoli, fourth in Serie A, in front of 56,000 hostile fans and was awarded Man of the Match by most observers. And some people wonder why I want Parky out ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]so, a year ago tomorrow we were away at Gillingham in League 2 and Shelvey didn’t even get off the bench. Last night he played 90 minutes for Liverpool in Europe against Napoli, fourth in Serie A, in front of 56,000 hostile fans and was awarded Man of the Match by most observers. And some people wonder why I want Parky out ?

they have better coaching than us, ours is shit
  • Options
    Yeh thanks jonjo... i put 5 quid on first scorer then got carried away AGAIN and put another fiver on him to get two goals... 500 quid i woudl had have this morning! pah.
  • Options
    Awful journalism in the Independent today

"And yet a Liverpool team with plenty of academy products – Jonjo Shelvey had never before started a competitive game for the club – were not intimidated. Shelvey even provided Liverpool with their first shot on target after half an hour, while another young midfielder, Jay Spearing, received Michele Pazienza's boot in his face."

So Jonjo Shelvey is a Liverpool academy product is he. Grrr!
  • Options
    adsads
    edited October 2010
    I think we're gonna be hearing a lot more that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Thommo[/cite]Awful journalism in the Independent today

"And yet a Liverpool team with plenty of academy products – Jonjo Shelvey had never before started a competitive game for the club – were not intimidated. Shelvey even provided Liverpool with their first shot on target after half an hour, while another young midfielder, Jay Spearing, received Michele Pazienza's boot in his face."

So Jonjo Shelvey is a Liverpool academy product is he. Grrr!

There is no longer any football worthy of the name outside the Premiership so yes Jonjo Shelvey is a Liverpool academy product as far as lazy, slipshod journalists are concerned.
  • Options
    Remind me, Defoe is a West Ham academy product, isn't he?!
  • Options
    He is an academy product. Just not their academy product.
  • Options
    1000xjonj.jpg
  • Options
    x810.jpg
  • Options
    x810head.jpg
  • Options
    Great attempt from distance... Kind of! Lol worth the try definitely
  • Options
    Great photos Uncle! So pleased for him, lets hope we see him more in the team now! :-)
  • Options
    cheers al cheered me right up buddy

still got the black boots a proper footballer
  • Options
    He's even having a go at heading the ball! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Due to living in Oz fro a few years, I never got the chance to see this lad play. I know from CL that he is a massive favourite, and I'm pleased for jonjo, as you all seem to be.

For those who had the pleasure of watching him play, ( not enough by the sounds of it) was he head and shoulders above the rest?

Was it obvious to you all that he could change a game, win an otherwise lost cause and push the team to promotion last season?

Obviously Liverpool thought he was someone special. I'd just like to hear the views of you guys who watched him play.
  • Options
    He was a class act and will always be my heaviest criticism
    Of our board and Parky. He could have got us promoted if we hadn't kept trying to accommodate Bailey who cost us more than he helped us.
  • Options
    He had a great game, all the more impressive when you consider it was his debut and away from home in a pressure tie.

He looks to have filled out a tad from last season (or was that just the TV?), provided he avoids injury he's going to be an immense player, he has so much time on the ball.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I saw Shelvey play and he made quite a few rooky mistakes. Because thats what he was. For all their problems Liverpool have a team of players and support staff that will help him to develop. That is why he is getting a chance now to show his form. What's the point in blaming Parkinson for a decision he had no choice but to make? Shelvey would not perform like that for us, any more than Jenson Button would win the Grand prix in a souped-up Mondeo. Sorry, but there you go.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Wheresmeticket?[/cite]Shelvey would not perform like that for us,

Well I saw a kid who looked remarkably like JonJo Shelvey but perhaps even younger, absolutely run a game against Brentford where we played the best football I'd seen from Charlton in a while. But then again I was watching it in a bar in Vienna, so maybe I was drunk and have him mixed up with Thierry Racon.
  • Options
    Have a look on Youtube, Shelvey vs Brentford then come back and say he wouldn't perform like that for is.
  • Options
    I saw Parky's Q&A with the VIP's on Charlton Player and he acknowledged Shelvey's ability.
    What he said was that early in the season JJ's workrate was excellant and the moments of quality added to the package.

His view was that JJ stopped working as hard although the quality still shone through he was rested.
    He also said Liverpool were the only team to make an offer and he was disappointed that he couldn't use him as an 'impact sub' in the play offs .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]he was disappointed that he couldn't use him as an 'impact sub' in the play offs .

Why was that, did he explain? Or was the Liverpool deal already done by then? I can't remember.
  • Options
    Parky confirmed that the deal had been done and clearly Liverpool did not want him injured
    Parky said he didn't want to con the fans by saying Jon Jo had a 'virus'.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Parky confirmed that the deal had been done and clearly Liverpool did not want him injured
    Parky said he didn't want to con the fans by saying Jon Jo had a 'virus'.

Dont believe everything Parky tells you.