Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liverpool & Shelvey

Comments

• Options
    On the bench today and i think a good chance of coming on. Last goal scorer and 3-1 i think.
  • Options
    3 1 to Blackburn Unc? Sorry but Pool are shocking at the moment, a draw against Napoli shouldn't blind people on how poor they have been, and even thouhgt they are at home I can't see them stick 3 past a resilient Big Sam XI
  • Options
    Shelvey on 88'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]3 1 to Blackburn Unc? Sorry but Pool are shocking at the moment, a draw against Napoli shouldn't blind people on how poor they have been, and even thouhgt they are at home I can't see them stick 3 past a resilient Big Sam XI

Liverpool won 2-1 didn't they ?

I assume Shelvey got all 3 and MOM.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]3 1 to Blackburn Unc? Sorry but Pool are shocking at the moment, a draw against Napoli shouldn't blind people on how poor they have been, and even thouhgt they are at home I can't see them stick 3 past a resilient Big Sam XI

Oh does it upset you that he's playing now so you cant do your usual little snipe. Grow up you silly little girl
  • Options
    congrats uncle pass on cafc regards to jonjo, I for one am proud of the lad and hope plenty of others are too
  • Options
    so jj now seems to have broken into the ex european champions bench,doing alright for a teenager
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]congrats uncle pass on cafc regards to jonjo, I for one am proud of the lad and hope plenty of others are too

Yep, seconded.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]

Oh does it upset you that he's playing now so you cant do your usual little snipe. Grow up you silly little girl

Eh? More to do with the point that Sam3110 said Liverpool were losing 3-1. Or at least that's how I read it. You continue to read it as you will.

Oh dear.
  • Options
    Uncle said 3 1 JJ to score last, as Liverpool have been poor this season I jokingly said that his bet would be 3 1 to Blackburn, but Jonjo scoring last.

Nothing in my post about the actual score, as I posted that half an hour in, and it was 0 0.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ha Ha - that's clear then.

A confused comment about a confusing comment gets the Mersey Red mist up again !
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Unc , why does Jonjo have no hair , is it for medical reasons , or a fashion statement? it doesn't make a jot of difference in terms of my opinion of him ( i thought he'd play for the full England Team by the age of 25) and that was whilst he was at Charlton , he just needs to get his head down , and work his nuts off , he's got the ability.

I hate to say it , but i also think we'll sell Wagstaff in January.
  • Options
    He's got Alopecia he's had since he was quite young. Had long blonde hair before that.
  • Options
    Wanted to sit on his table at the Player of the Year awards meal, instead i got Rob Elliot and Grant Basey both getting desserts if I can recall :O

Wish Jonjo all the best unc., he'll be in my fantasy team in a few seasons time lol..

Soon he'll sign for City though.. and add to that £300 a minute in wages City are paying out at the moment. ;-)
  • Options
    It really is trully fantastic that hes got his prem debut, really happy for the lad and was wathching him closely he is oozing confidence..
  • Options
    BIT OF I TOLD YOU SO AL I THINK ALL THESE PEOPLE TELLING YOU HE WOULDN'T BE INVOLVED THIS YEAR, WELL OCTOBER AND HE HAS PLAYED IN EUROPE AND NOW BEEN INVOLVED IN THE PREMIERSHIP, SAYS IT ALL REALLY
  • Options
    Funny thing is Steve this thread was really started so that certain people could point out he wasn't in the team and he wouldn't be playing any games. Strange that now he is the same people dont comment on here apart from the odd cheap shot. He's having the time of his life at the moment and good luck to him. 6 months ago he was a bench warmer for Racon now he's just played european football against Napoli. Quite a turn around i think.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    But steve do we need the tired old I told you so Bollocks. I am positive Parky and the board were the only ones to think JJ wouldn't fit in the squad. I can assure you everyone would have him back.
  • Options
    The technical term for it Unc is super cool...
  • Options
    I am proud we were associated with JJ.

I just hope when he starts playing we get soem recognition for producing him. When he becomes a star i hope the commentators and pundits praise us to some extent for bringhing him through.

I bet they will say he is a liverpool product though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]But steve do we need you being a prick with the tired old I told you so Bollocks. /quote]

thats fighting talk
  • Options
    He has a point tho... lol!
  • Options
    It's all getting a bit "handbags" in here guys !!

Pretty much everyone on here is delighted that Jonjo has gone on to better himself and immensely proud that our club played a part in it all - perhaps more so because of the closeness we got to him with Uncle's involvement on here.

It's sad that he had to go but I don't know if we will ever know all the ins and outs of the deal, the process, the thinking behind it all - there is likely to be a lot more to it that meets the eye and we, as fans, have to suck it in and get on with it.

I must admit I raised an eyebrow when I heard he was promised 15 or 20 first team games this season but more that he was actually told this as opposed to doubting Jonjo's ability which has always been evident.

From the photos I have seen of Jonjo it seems he has filled out a lot from the spindly lad who made his debut a few years back (filled out a lot since he left us actually!) and he appears to be getting himself noticed by their fans which is great for him. He is clearly enjoying playing with the likes of Torres, Gerrard, Cole, Reina etc and the standard of coaching and the players he is rubbing shoulders is only going to improve him further still

I wish we could just draw a line under it and state that he will always be fondly remembered at this club but is, sadly, part of our history and we now have to move on and forget all the petty sniping and snidey comments in here. I doubt this is possible though!

Uncle - Thanks for keeping us all briefed and please continue to do so. I hope he knows exactly how highly regarded he is/was at The Valley and would like to think he would get a superb reaction if he were to return to play against us at some point!
  • Options
    Thanks Swisdom i will do. I too would love them to get us in the cup at the Valley and he gets the start. I think that would be a huge game for him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Funny thing is Steve this thread was really started so that certain people could point out he wasn't in the team and he wouldn't be playing any games. Strange that now he is the same people dont comment on here apart from the odd cheap shot. He's having the time of his life at the moment and good luck to him. 6 months ago he was a bench warmer for Racon now he's just played european football against Napoli. Quite a turn around i think.

I wish Jonjo the best, as I do every ex CAFC player, espeically academy ones. But I can't for the life of me understand why we are still going on about him and whether or not he plays.

Do we debate every time Lloyd Sam, Josh Wright, Scott Parker etc etc play?

No.

And sadly I suspect it is partly because their family aren't on this board.

I know this will be an unpopular question but I have to ask if Uncle has any genuine interst in Charlton anymore?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DRF[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Funny thing is Steve this thread was really started so that certain people could point out he wasn't in the team and he wouldn't be playing any games. Strange that now he is the same people dont comment on here apart from the odd cheap shot. He's having the time of his life at the moment and good luck to him. 6 months ago he was a bench warmer for Racon now he's just played european football against Napoli. Quite a turn around i think.

I wish Jonjo the best, as I do every ex CAFC player, espeically academy ones. But I can't for the life of me understand why we are still going on about him and whether or not he plays.

Do we debate every time Lloyd Sam, Josh Wright, Scott Parker etc etc play?

No.

And sadly I suspect it is partly because their family aren't on this board.

I know this will be an unpopular question but I have to ask if Uncle has any genuine interst in Charlton anymore?

Firstly you might want to look at all the Llyod Sam threads before you answer your own question. I keep people informed on here what he is getting up to because when he left members of this site asked me too. I wonder what someone who doesn't want to read about it anymore opens up a thread that is titled Liverpool & Shelvey. As for what my interest are i dont really see thats any of your business just like your aint to me.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Uncle's got the Charton badge tattoo'd on his arse..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DRF[/cite]

Wouldn't say unpopular, but i would say inappropriate, particularly coming from someone who has only been contributing on here for less than a week (if DRF is your only 'name').

This is a discussion board, generally open to anyone who is polite. I, and others have enjoyed the insight Uncle has given us over the years into one of our players. He's as much right to post here as anyone else.

And in answer to your question, i know he has seen more Charlton games this season than many of the regular posters on here.
  • Options
    [cite]Daftly Posted By: DRF[/cite]

I believe there are more of the Shelvey clan in the younger teams........

Hopefully we will once again see the surname on a CAFC shirt
  • Options
    where will he sit next season when we play the Hammers in the league...;o)

*looks to the sky and hopes*