Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA 11

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Glovepup[/cite]Ah, right. Don't worry, I know what I am doing. Kinda lol

Slight geek here!

Enjoy!

Charlton Chants

Thanks very much for posting, won't be home to download for three weeks but I presume it will still work then?

And how do I get the chants once they are downloaded onto my computer onto my ps3.

Cheers mate, much appreciated.
  • Options
    Has anyone here tried playing a career as a keeper? I have. started on easy level to get used to it but very soon found myself playing on world-class purely because i wasn't getting enough shots coming my way. This still hasn't improved it though. CB's are too bloody good and keed intercepting everything down the middle, so any real chances seem to come from deep crosses. This is bloody frustrating and spoils a really (potentially) good feature. I'm keeping clean-sheets yet coming off the pitch with a mere rating of around 6.0. Also find that when taking goal-kicks, if the ball goes to an opposition player then you end up getting minus points for it, as it's classed as a stray pass. If i could drop a 50yd pass on a players foot then i'd be pinging em around like beckham instead of playing in goal. Stupid little errors spoiling a great addition to the game..............right, enough wingeing, fifa awaits.........
  • Options
    I did download all the crowd chants for all enlish clubs, so if anyone wants them, just ask and we'll sort something out
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: tangoflash[/cite]I did download all the crowd chants for all enlish clubs, so if anyone wants them, just ask and we'll sort something out[/quote]

Have you got general English chants?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LSEBarnes[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Glovepup[/cite]Ah, right. Don't worry, I know what I am doing. Kinda lol

Slight geek here!

Enjoy!

[url=[url]http://www.thatzvinyl.com/downloads/Fifa 11 Charlton Chants.zip[/url]]Charlton Chants[/url][/quote]

Thanks very much for posting, won't be home to download for three weeks but I presume it will still work then?

And how do I get the chants once they are downloaded onto my computer onto my ps3.

Cheers mate, much appreciated.[/quote]

It's easy enough to do, there are instructions on the EA forums. I will probably take it down before then, but if you contact me when you are back I can email it to you. It's only 5mb
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: DiscoCAFC[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: tangoflash[/cite]I did download all the crowd chants for all enlish clubs, so if anyone wants them, just ask and we'll sort something out

Have you got general English chants?

By General, do you mean one's that are representative of no particular team, such as "you're shit, and you know you are"?
    Not too sure. i just downloaded a folder for each league that contains sub-folders for each club, with about 3-4 chants per club. I love strutting out onto the pitch to the tune of Red Red Robin, followed by the fans singing "valley floyd rd". I know it shouldn't really make a difference to the game but it bloody well does.........
  • Options
    Just to gripe on (even more) about the "be a pro career" as a keeper, I've just played a game on world-class level for spurs against Blackpool. At the moment, until i build up my rep from a young prospect, i'm only getting picked once every 4-5 games, even though i've yet to concede a single goal. Now to build up your rep you have to get a match rating of around 7+. Now here's the problem. At HT during this match my rating had gone from a starting 6, down to 4.6 without me touching the ball, not so much as a goal-kick. I managed to claw some of this back in the 2nd half by clutching a couple of crosses and catching an easy free kick. I finished the game with a final rating of 6.1. How the hell am i supposed to make it as a 1st team regular with scores like that? If anyone knows if i'm doing something wrong (as i'm new to fifa, always been a PES man) can you please tell me, as its so bloody frustrating.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DiscoCAFC[/cite]Quality goal from Benson

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/40859808
    Might be a quality goal... but Reidy doesn't seem too fussed with it :o)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    No..... this is what you call a quality goal from Benson......assist from yours truely

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/39878131
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Anyone want a game on the xbox? Scottp1994
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How about this for drama. 4 games to go in my first season. I'm top and Southampton are 2 points behind me. Benson league top scorer with 27 goals. Each game is a pressure game lol. I do have a life just at the mo I'm laid off on crutches and my life is evolving around this game lol
  • Options
    Oh yeah and Le Fondre from Rotherham is a good buy. 11 goals in 16 games.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: agim[/cite]How about this for drama. 4 games to go in my first season. I'm top and Southampton are 2 points behind me. Benson league top scorer with 27 goals.

Misread that as 4 games into my first season, Benson has scored 27 goals, had you down as some kind of EA Sports deity for a few moments!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: agim[/cite]How about this for drama. 4 games to go in my first season. I'm top and Southampton are 2 points behind me. Benson league top scorer with 27 goals.

Misread that as 4 games into my first season, Benson has scored 27 goals, had you down as some kind of EA Sports deity for a few moments!

I did the same, over 6 goals a game isn't bad going.
  • Options
    Does anyone play manual? I just tried and i found it quite difficult so far.
  • Options
    I'm on legendary not sure what you mean manual?
  • Options
    Search for Wizz Kids Fc if u want to join a virtual pro club. I need some more players to be competitive.

PS3 only though
  • Options
    Manual passing , its on controller settings by default passing and shooting are assisted.
  • Options
    If anyone wants to give EA feedback on the Charlton data, you can sign up as a Data reviewer

Clearly some issues without looking at players in detail. Martin left footed, Wagstaff's pace and fitness, Semedo and Solly underrated (shouldn't be worse than Tuna, Perkins etc), Akpo being too good just a few.

Captain and set pieces need sorting out as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]If anyone wants to give EA feedback on the Charlton data, you can sign up as aData reviewer

Clearly some issues without looking at players in detail. Martin left footed, Wagstaff's pace and fitness, Semedo and Solly underrated (shouldn't be worse than Tuna, Perkins etc), Akpo being too good just a few.

Captain and set pieces need sorting out as well.

Slightly off topic for the thread, but I've always wondered Sco, how did you get the FM gig?

Good link btw, I've applied :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Posted some issues on the SI forums, and as the old researcher wasn't replying to emails they asked if I wanted to do it.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
  • Options
    As a man that has played every football game ever made up to the last 3 or 4 years, from Match Day on my old speccy, Kick Off and Kick Off II on my old Commodore Amiga, quickly followed by Sensible...then a few years of Fifa and Pro Evo, I thought I'd treat myself to FIFA 11 for my Xbox, as I'd gone off playing footy games for a while, I'm finding it ever so hard to score (in this game thank you before anyone makes any smutty remarks ;-)

On the old FIFAs and Pro Evos, a through ball or a chipped through ball with a darting run would be enough to open up opponents, mixing it up with crosses from the wing for a target man etc...but everything I try seems to get cut out so easily. Can ping the ball about the back four and through midfield, but even with a tap of LB to force a run from a team mate, I'm finding it ever so difficult to break through. I've even tried to elaborate on my 1-2s as well but seems to make no difference.

I seem to be winning games 1-0 or they end goalless. Not a problem playing against the CPU but I come seriously unstucky playing xbox live going down by 3 or 4 goals at a time then the cocky little 9 year old starts doing keepy uppies and brings his goalkeeper halfway up the pitch which results in me losing my temper and turning the bloody console off.

So...any tips for an ageing gamer?
  • Options
    yep play legendary on career and you'll get the hang of it (thats what i done and im now winning by 1 or 2 goals against even the most hardy enemies.
  • Options
    just to add my two penneth - I hired this the other day - and lo and behold the gameplay (surely the most important bit) is carbon copy of the previous year, and still annoys the heck out of me. So long story short, I'm out.
  • Options
    It gets very congested in midfield from my experience. Better than PES in single player imo, but PES is more fun for multiplayer....
  • Options
    anybody have the issue of losing your virtual pro after completing your first season as player/manager???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]It gets very congested in midfield from my experience. Better than PES in single player imo, but PES is more fun for multiplayer....
    No
  • Options
    Just got to the play-off final against Peterborough.

Had a very similar season to last year.

Had a cracking start, was top 2 for a while. Results slowed down slightly, couple of players picked up injuries. Got Swindon in the playoffs. Lost the first leg but went through on away goals after winning 2-1 at the Valley.

Also VFR i downloaded onto the chants section and sounds great coming from the crowd.