Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA 11

Comments

• Options
    Hey all, finding it real tough in the prem on legendary. Won the 1st 2 games (beat man city 4-1 in the second!) then have lost 4 on the trot including 4-0 to middlesborough....

any tips or good signings?
  • Options
    There's a couple of good threads on the Fifa 11 Forum for hidden gems: http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/14671.page#146934

As for Legendary, it's possession and patience. Make sure your tactics are set up to suit your play. For instance, I'm rubbish at crossing so I have crosses on low, and when you break down the flank, you're off ball players come short to square it across the box. A few quick passes kinda 'charges' your attack up, and make a decent shot more likely.

It also seems there's a 'comeback script' in the game, which a lot of people are complaining about. But personally I think it's there to prompt you to change formation or tactics when you get your nose in front!

P.S. Johnnie Jackson's Rage! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1W-bHtY5tc
  • Options
    That's brilliant!
  • Options
    thanks jimmy, I changed the crossing thing and seem to be making more chances, tho still sitting 15th and lost my last 3 games 2-1, grr. Had a look through that list of players but ended up buying scott sinclair and im not dissapointed.

love the jj rage clip!
  • Options
    that JJ rage clip is kwolity
  • Options
    My fifa club (xbox 360) named BOOM v3 - is currently ranked #60 in the world and #5 in North America. We won 30 straight games.

i am ranked in the top 100 at ANY position. If anybody wants a trial message me/whisper to me. We need only a LCB, LB and CDM. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Just got it today, brilliant game- FIFA just gets better and better every year, well done EA!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: calydon_road[/cite]that JJ rage clip is kwolity
    Sorry do you mean quality that's Q U A L I T Y.
  • Options
    Mambo is a beast!
  • Options
    I'll be your CDM addick 16 but how does it all work?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    just started the second season in epl. 1st season finish was a slightly uncomfortable 16th... wasnt going so well last night with a 0-0 draw against wigan before chelsea + manu but out of nowhere gave both a 6-1 kicking!! highest overall scores yet for me and got the board off my back who for some reason want me to finish in the top half despite giving me no boost to my transfer budget in 2 seasons...
  • Options
    Been sacked for failing to keep CAFC in the champions league.

Unwated at CAFC, I now know how parky felt.
  • Options
    Is there a PS3 pro team on here...?
  • Options
    Anyone got mp3 chants to download? have looked online and not been able to find free charlton ones :)
  • Options
    RedZed ive got a pro team called
    The Addicks if you want to join?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Just got it today, brilliant game- FIFA just gets better and better every year, well done EA!

There's a lot of people who would shake with rage when reading this post!! I'm not one of them, but I understand why...

Fifa 11 has more bugs than Temple of Doom. It's insane how badly made the game is. The game engine remains the best footy engine of all time, but the bugs are immense:

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/20973.page.
    http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/56764.page

While the forums for Fifa are full of angry kids, you must be doing something wrong to get 56 pages of angry customers responding to your "we fixed the game!" thread!!

Fortunately, it is possible to go through life not noticing a lot of them, but as someone who loves to enjoy a bit of Be A Pro, I am hugely disappointed with the experience and on the verge of giving up. EA promised to fix the issues with November's patch, but all it did was fix Exeter's kit or something, and stop the billion pound career mode debt bug from happening. The other 200 reported bugs were left alone!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: conza-cafc[/cite]RedZed ive got a pro team called
    The Addicks if you want to join?
    Searched but couldn't find it...
  • Options
    I was playing online as an invisible guy the other week while lagging, during be a pro... was hilarious when I ran the ball, but did get a message calling me a cheating pr!ck :-(
  • Options
    I get kicked from Be A Pro Clubs every game without fail, though I have a average wired connection speed of 11mbps, I now don't bother with it, it's ridiculous
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JiMMy 85[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Just got it today, brilliant game- FIFA just gets better and better every year, well done EA!

There's a lot of people who would shake with rage when reading this post!! I'm not one of them, but I understand why...

Fifa 11 has more bugs than Temple of Doom. It's insane how badly made the game is. The game engine remains the best footy engine of all time, but the bugs are immense:

While the forums for Fifa are full of angry kids, you must be doing something wrong to get 56 pages of angry customers responding to your "we fixed the game!" thread!!

Fortunately, it is possible to go through life not noticing a lot of them, but as someone who loves to enjoy a bit of Be A Pro, I am hugely disappointed with the experience and on the verge of giving up. EA promised to fix the issues with November's patch, but all it did was fix Exeter's kit or something, and stop the billion pound career mode debt bug from happening. The other 200 reported bugs were left alone!

Had one freeze since the day it came out. That's it for me! Must be one of the lucky ones.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2010
    Red,
    Whisper me your online PSN
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: JiMMy 85[/cite]

Why would anyone possibly shake with rage at that post (sorry and all that)? I have had no problems apart from JPT games going into extra time and being played in the daylight, hardly major probs but then I don't play online so maybe there are tons of bugs there of which I am unaware and which may well grate and make players have fits of rage, as my Fifa 11 experience is offline I have to report that I have enjoyed the game immensely and that I have no major issues to report. As a game I prefer it to previous incarnations and feel it has improved year on year.
  • Options
    Online is disgustingly bug filled and EA are a mockery.

AI doesnt exploit the engine the way online players do either. (lob and cross)
  • Options
    Get a game without fail every time on quick ranked match, and be a pro rarely lags for me. Don't need anything else.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]
    Why would anyone possibly shake with rage at that post (sorry and all that)? I have had no problems apart from JPT games going into extra time and being played in the daylight, hardly major probs but then I don't play online so maybe there are tons of bugs there of which I am unaware and which may well grate and make players have fits of rage, as my Fifa 11 experience is offline I have to report that I have enjoyed the game immensely and that I have no major issues to report. As a game I prefer it to previous incarnations and feel it has improved year on year.

I'm with you - the bugs have largely not affected me in Manager Mode and we're enjoying it enough to keep going back. But if you read those forums you'll find there's an extraordinary amount of users bemoaning the bugs across the game, and all the time EA continue to ignore them, the angrier they are becoming... I'm a PES fan through and through, I just wish Konami could get their hands on the game engine, as they've nailed pretty much everything else.
  • Options
    I've not really had any problems, play online more then offline fine apart from offline constantly getting southampton in cup lol
  • Options
    I can't believe im saying this but i'm so bored of Fifa 11 already. It doesn't throw up enough surprises, i am yet to complete a season on manager mode. I usually get half way through a season then get bored, due to same stadia, cut scenes etc etc. Also the gap between world class and legendary is dumb. I find it impossible to concede on world class and can usually average around 4 goals per game whereas legendary usually only win by 1 and concede shite loads more. The glitches in season mode really frustrate too, theres only so many times I want to play against Southampton. But what alternative is there? Pro is poor.
  • Options
    when u loan players out how do you chech how there doin with there loan club?
  • Options
    check*
  • Options
    The Southampton cup glitch has been fixed by doing the latest update that was released a couple of weeks ago.