Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2010/11 Ashes thread

Comments

• Options
    Can't see why the Aussies are odds-on for the first test at Brisbane. Will definitely be looking to lay them at that price.
  • Options
    Agree with a lot of what BFR says. Not sure you cqan draw a lot of conclusions from a 2 test match series anyway but it does add to the general air of decline around the Aussie team. If I were them I'd be worried in particular by Hauritz's performances.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]England to win the Series 20%
    Australia to Win 50%
    Series Draw 30%
    So, to be absolutely clear, you are saying that Australia will win?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Can't see why the Aussies are odds-on for the first test at Brisbane. Will definitely be looking to lay them at that price.

It is because Brisbane, my place of residence, is their most successful home ground in recent years by a long, long way.

I have been here nearly 15 years and I can't remember anybody even coming close to beating the Aussies at the Gabba, the last team to win here would probably have been the Windies back in the early 90's.

The pitch here is always good for the Aussie hit-the-deck bowlers and Warne also took a lot of wickets here.

England's best chances of a win will be in Sydney, through Swann, and Melbourne, where it swings more and the ball seams around a bit.

The Aussies are very strong in Brisbane and Perth - although the SA's won there last time they were here - and Adelaide is an absolute road.
  • Options
    England are here in my neck of the woods and are giving themselfs the best chance by playing 3 first class games before Brissy and this week they play West Australia weather will be hot and with Johnson and Hussey playing should be a good work out. Will go down one of the afternoons after work to see them. And thanks to the Aussie cricket family I have my tickets for the Perth test. My brothers coming out for christmas but is coming early to join the barmy army
  • Options
    The aussies over here do not seem to be crowing from the rooftops for the upcoming ashes, where as previously they are very boastfull and downright arrogant.
    There suffering from a lack of confidence at the mo, and pointing( hate the squinty eyed f*^ker) was the only batsman to have decent knocks in india.
    There bowlers are average, no one is standing out to do the job for them.

Lack of confidence allways affected england over here, they just never truely believed they could win in Oz, they need to realise this is one of the greatest chances we've had in a very long time to be successful in Oz.

I'm gutted i missed out on tickets in perth, there like hens teeth!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ozaddick[/cite]The aussies over here do not seem to be crowing from the rooftops for the upcoming ashes, where as previously they are very boastfull and downright arrogant.
    There suffering from a lack of confidence at the mo, and pointing( hate the squinty eyed f*^ker) was the only batsman to have decent knocks in india.
    There bowlers are average, no one is standing out to do the job for them.

Lack of confidence allways affected england over here, they just never truely believed they could win in Oz, they need to realise this is one of the greatest chances we've had in a very long time to be successful in Oz.

I'm gutted i missed out on tickets in perth, there like hens teeth!
    TGhats why I joined the silly cricket family to make sure I got a couple
  • Options
    30 Hours to.............er................Bat-off ?
  • Options
    16 hours & 8 mins............
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not normally fussed with cricket, but the ashes is a bit different!
    How long now MoG?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Not normally fussed with cricket, but the ashes is a bit different!
    How long now MoG?

Play is due to start at midnight GMT.
  • Options
    8 hours to go!!!!
  • Options
    The teams, unless there are any late injuries:

Australia
    RT Ponting (captain), SM Katich, SR Watson, MJ Clarke, MEK Hussey, MJ North, BJ Haddin (wkt), MG Johnson, XJ Doherty, PM Siddle, BW Hilfenhaus

England
    AJ Strauss (captain), AN Cook, IJL Trott, KP Pietersen, PD Collingwood, IR Bell, MJ Prior (wkt), SCJ Broad, GP Swann, ST Finn, JM Anderson

Umpires: A Dar (Pak) and B Doctrove (WI)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Not normally fussed with cricket, but the ashes is a bit different!
    How long now MoG?

7 Hours & 2 minutes............
    If anyone wants updates from Midnight, whisper Me your number.

Like a kid at Christmas, I have to go to bed NOW !
  • Options
    Ha, I'm going for the staying up route. Will try to make it through to lunch at 2 a.m! Hoping the missus goes to bed early so I can hype myself up with an hour or two of my 2005 Ashes boxset
  • Options
    I know I'm going to end up staying up way too late tonight!
  • Options
    Ah the joys of living on the frozen prairies of western Canada, TV coverage of the Ashes starts at 6.30 in the evening for us!!!
  • Options
    Dear Andrew Strauss,

Please win the toss and bat for at least seven sessions.

Thank you.
  • Options
    Five and a half sessions would be fine. Then fuor of five aussies out before stumps on day 2. Cheers Straussy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wat county teams does everyone support then?

Mines Kent
  • Options
    Really can't wait for this, one of the perks of working nights is I can catch a fair bit of it!
  • Options
    2 1/2 hours to go. last Australian Ashes series started with Harmison bowling a wide to 1st slip and this set the tone for the rest of the series, I hoping for a first ball first wicket, if England bowl or a first ball six if they bat!!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    got to wake up then. love this. bigger than the soccer world trophy and the ryder cup combined.
  • Options
    Anyone know when and on what side highlights will be shown? Will there be a morning highlights programme or will we have to wait until the evening?
  • Options
    more to the point; any live links for free?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]bigger than the soccer world trophy

the what now?
  • Options
    You know, the Jules Rimet, or whatever.
  • Options
    oh the fifa world cup, gotcha
  • Options
    Highlights @ 10.00 am Sky 1 and 10.00 pm (FFS) on ITV 4.

Re live stream,try justintv, should be abl;e to find one on there,otherwise there is always radio commentary 5Live