Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Item thrown from north upper into lower

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Nothing was thrown when we scored according to most on here. The coin inncendent happeing around the 75th Min and the bottle after that. If a bottle came down from the upper, surely half the north lower would be standing up looking back at the north upper with disgust.

I was sitting in the North upper so can't comment on what the lower were/were not doing, but I can tell you 100% that a bottle was thrown from behind where I was sitting in the aftermath of the equaliser. From my view it would have made it down into the north lower but I I can't say that for certain. That said where it ended up is not really the point, the fact that it was thrown at all is the big issue.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Nothing was thrown when we scored according to most on here. The coin inncendent happeing around the 75th Min and the bottle after that. If a bottle came down from the upper, surely half the north lower would be standing up looking back at the north upper with disgust.

I was sitting in the North upper so can't comment on what the lower were/were not doing, but I can tell you 100% that a bottle was thrown from behind where I was sitting in the aftermath of the equaliser. From my view it would have made it down into the north lower but I I can't say that for certain. That said where it ended up is not really the point, the fact that it was thrown at all is the big issue.

What block do you know? Would be intresting to find the culprit of the bottle thrower and then zoom in on that area when the coin was thrown.

Going by Choice TV's parky cam video. When the penalty went in, toilet roll seemed to be thrown from the M block area.
  • Options
    People are looking into it lets just hope they find the cowardly shit who did it, As for the bottle incident the first i heard about it was Saturday and i dont know if it got to the north lower but there were some peed off wet people in nth upper
  • Options
    Reminds me of getting covered in water at Peterboro away, bottles flying everywhere lol!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Reminds me of getting covered in water at Peterboro away, bottles flying everywhere lol!

That wasn't water mate :)
  • Options
    All that excitment aye Nicholas!
  • Options
    Just a little aside to this matter. My friend Frank, who is 75 years old and has had a recent stroke and heart attack, was hit full in the face by a ball in the warm up on Saturday. The shock of this left him badly shaken up for 10-15 minutes. One of the 1st people on the scene, in C block, was Lynne who helped to comfort him while first aid assistance was summoned. Once in the first aid room Frank recovered pretty quickly and we were able to take our seats again after 15 minutes of the 1st half.

So many thanks to Lynne and to the St Johns Ambulance people. Also, thanks to Mark Kinsella who, I discovered later, had been the one to summon help and who looked very concerned by what had happened.
  • Options
    sums our forwards up that does
  • Options
    I've watched the forwards *ahem* warm up in that goal they wheel out by the tunnel before, gotta say I would stay safely in the bar whilst they were doing it......bet they've never needed a new net in that goal due to wear and tear
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Just a little aside to this matter. My friend Frank, who is 75 years old and has had a recent stroke and heart attack, was hit full in the face by a ball in the warm up on Saturday. The shock of this left him badly shaken up for 10-15 minutes. One of the 1st people on the scene, in C block, was Lynne who helped to comfort him while first aid assistance was summoned. Once in the first aid room Frank recovered pretty quickly and we were able to take our seats again after 15 minutes of the 1st half.

So many thanks to Lynne and to the St Johns Ambulance people. Also, thanks to Mark Kinsella who, I discovered later, had been the one to summon help and who looked very concerned by what had happened.

I was sitting the other side of the aisle. Poor bloke really looked shaken up. Was glad to see him return shortly after the start of the game though. Kins did look very worried about it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]
    Not once has my opinion over-stepped the mark and not once can my opinons be ruled out.

I guess opinions against the regulars on here are looked down upon.

So you stand by post 71
    Sure it wasn't Pigeon droppings?

A Charlton Fan has been taken to Hospital covered in blood and had her head glued up, but you still think that was a valid comment. Or post 80
    Could have been a kid nearby that was trying to flick a coin up

I still haven't found the post where you appologise for making these stupid and insensitive posts. or post 87
    Being straight after a goal reiterates my point, someone could have jumped up and let go?

or post 103
    Throw a pound a tiny bit above your head and let it fall..Yes it hurts and yes i would be mad.

To throw a pound coin a TINY bit above your head does not cause a cut that needs to be glued up, but you insist your opinions cannot be ruled out.
    Or quote 184
    It could have even been a supporter of another team (Millwall) that threw it?

When you start making believable suggestions perhaps people will start listening to you.
  • Options
    You missed "bottles flying everywhere, lol" from the last page. Words fail me, honestly. On a thread about someone who has had their head stitched up he goes and types that and then expects to be taken seriously.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I will never understand the urge of one human being to throw coins at a football match. Exactly what is it that is running through their head at the time? What are they aiming to do? I know someone who was partially blinded by a coin being thrown and they were busy minding their own business at the time. To anyone reading this who has thrown a coin - is this what you are aiming to do? If so I hope you get caught and are drawn face to face with the person you hit. If it were me I would without doubt take an eye-for-an-eye.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sygonrima[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]
    Not once has my opinion over-stepped the mark and not once can my opinons be ruled out.

I guess opinions against the regulars on here are looked down upon.

So you stand by post 71
    Sure it wasn't Pigeon droppings?

A Charlton Fan has been taken to Hospital covered in blood and had her head glued up, but you still think that was a valid comment. Or post 80
    Could have been a kid nearby that was trying to flick a coin up

I still haven't found the post where you appologise for making these stupid and insensitive posts. or post 87
    Being straight after a goal reiterates my point, someone could have jumped up and let go?

or post 103
    Throw a pound a tiny bit above your head and let it fall..Yes it hurts and yes i would be mad.

To throw a pound coin a TINY bit above your head does not cause a cut that needs to be glued up, but you insist your opinions cannot be ruled out.
    Or quote 184
    It could have even been a supporter of another team (Millwall) that threw it?

When you start making believable suggestions perhaps people will start listening to you.

i didnt realise Andy had said some of those they seem pretty poor taste now
  • Options
    FYI the bottle (which looked plastic by the way), landed near the corner flag at the North East corner. I say this because I believe I saw a player kick it to one side, when about to take a corner. Viewed from middle of Upper North.
  • Options
    If I ever need representation I am calling in sygonrima
  • Options
    The steward alerted first aid and I just reassured the guy who got hit by the football until they came on the scene. They took him to the First Aid room as a precaution in case of delayed shock and because of his medical condition. He was rather shaken up and didn't want to miss the game and I was pleased to see him sitting back in his seat after a short while. Kins waited and I could see he was concerned whether he was OK and gave him the thumbs up that all was OK.
    Can't praise St John's ambulance enough!
  • Options
    Fix! ;-)

@CAFCOfficial Keith Pettyfer, husband of coin-throwing victim Lynne, won yesterday's daily Valley Gold draw (MW) http://bit.ly/hH4s5M #cafc
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Fix! ;-)

@CAFCOfficial Keith Pettyfer, husband of coin-throwing victim Lynne, won yesterday's daily Valley Gold draw (MW)http://bit.ly/hH4s5M#cafc

Swings and roundabouts, supporting Charlton....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Fix! ;-)

@CAFCOfficial Keith Pettyfer, husband of coin-throwing victim Lynne, won yesterday's daily Valley Gold draw (MW)http://bit.ly/hH4s5M#cafc

Is it wrong to say that money goes to money????
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: RalphMilnesgut[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Fix! ;-)

Is it wrong to say that money goes to money????

proberly but it made me laugh out loud
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: RalphMilnesgut[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Fix! ;-)

@CAFCOfficial Keith Pettyfer, husband of coin-throwing victim Lynne, won yesterday's daily Valley Gold draw (MW)[url]http://bit.ly/hH4s5M[/url]#cafc[/quote]

Swings and roundabouts, supporting Charlton....[/quote]

Is it wrong to say that money goes to money????[/quote]

Hey! get your own material.......(check quote #21)
  • Options
    Jesus, I've only just read this as have been away.

OMG Confetti Lady, I really do hope you are feeling better.

Anyone who thinks that a coin being thrown, which would do this kind of damage, was done by accident is being extremely silly.

I have had to deal with coin throwing incidents (even had 5 coins taped together once, i'll leave it to your imagination to where that was) & trying to find the culprits on CCTV can take time, so give those who are investigating some time to get it right.

Disgusting and should not be tolerated by any of us.

Take care Confetti Lady, glad the Club and even Parky are treating you well.

xx