Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Item thrown from north upper into lower

Comments

• Options
    nla - good point regarding the bog roll etc and people making comparisons.

As for your last bit I doubt very much that whoever was responsible has ever had anything to do with a group who were interested in engaging with 'like minded individuals'. I'd put money on it being a kid who'd had too much beer and was trying to impress his mates.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_joe[/cite]It was not thrown immediately after the goal. The incident took place at least 10 minutes after the goal, minimum, fact.

So ?

Was just responding to a post saying that it may have been an accident, immediately after the goal was scored.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Think you mis-interpreted Large's comment there Oggster.

Sorry if I have, WSS.

I read Large's post and thought his comments as dismissive of what had happened.
    If I've misunderstood what he wrote, then I'll be pleased to apologise to him.

I maybe wrong but I thought Large meant was if you tossed a coin a few feet above your head and it then hit you it wouldn't do the damage seen in the photo.

Also I don't think intent comes into it. If someone has thrown a coin from the NU then that is reckless and dangerous as any reasonable person could predict that injury was possible and likely. That they may not have aimed it at a particular person or meant it to go on the pitch or elsewhere doesn't stop what they did being reckless and dangerous.
  • Options
    I saw the toilet roll incident (not who therw it) - it was thrown as a whole roll rather than the acceptable opening of the role and whilst it isn't going to do any lasting damage, it could have caused shock and was thrown as a laugh at somebody elses's expense. think on a scenario where it hits a young kid or a pregnant lady. Just isn't funny and anybody who thinks it is is a complete to**er. We don't need any of that sort in the ground and they are pathetic excuses for human beings.
  • Options
    There was plenty of claret on the back of the lady's head last night as anybody sitting near her in the North Lower will testify.

My Mum has a season-ticket not far away from where the incident took place and I'd be f*cking fuming if she had been hit the way happened last night.
  • Options
    Get well soon Confetti Lady.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PalaceHater[/cite]nla - good point regarding the bog roll etc and people making comparisons.

As for your last bit I doubt very much that whoever was responsible has ever had anything to do with a group who were interested in engaging with 'like minded individuals'. I'd put money on it being a kid who'd had too much beer and was trying to impress his mates.

i make you 100% right
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Come on seriously, do you honestly think they aimed it for our own fans? anyone ever think it was aimed at the Bristol Keeper in the goal? and they just got there bearings wrong.

i dont think throwing stuff on the pitch is acceptable but throwing toilet roll amungst ourselves, like at southend isnt gonna hurt anyone, people at this club need to relax a bit. its just creating a bit of banter, what if poeple just sat on there arese the whole game, it'd be boring and our attendences would be 5k let alone 15k. yet people on here saying the f off to the den? no wonder where known as trainspotters.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AndyCAFC[/cite]Come on seriously, do you honestly think they aimed it for our own fans? anyone ever think it was aimed at the Bristol Keeper in the goal? and they just got there bearings wrong.

i dont think throwing stuff on the pitch is acceptable but throwing toilet roll amungst ourselves, like at southend isnt gonna hurt anyone, people at this club need to relax a bit. its just creating a bit of banter, what if poeple just sat on there arese the whole game, it'd be boring and our attendences would be 5k let alone 15k. yet people on here saying the fuck off to the den? no wonder where known as trainspotters.

see youve got it totally wrong andy, the fact that you suggest so flippantly was aimed at the bristol keeper is playing into the hands of those criticising younger people for throwing bog roll at each other.

i have been going years and we may not have had nuimbers but we were loud and had the banter that you are talking about and i never hurt another addick or threw anything at opposing team player.

the enviroment some are trying to introduce is not suited to al lot of people and i whole heartedly agree they should save it for those that wish to recipricate it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AndyCAFC[/cite]Come on seriously, do you honestly think they aimed it for our own fans? anyone ever think it was aimed at the Bristol Keeper in the goal? and they just got there bearings wrong.

i dont think throwing stuff on the pitch is acceptable but throwing toilet roll amungst ourselves, like at southend isnt gonna hurt anyone, people at this club need to relax a bit. its just creating a bit of banter, what if poeple just sat on there arese the whole game, it'd be boring and our attendences would be 5k let alone 15k. yet people on here saying the fuck off to the den? no wonder where known as trainspotters.

see youve got it totally wrong andy, the fact that you suggest so flippantly was aimed at the bristol keeper is playing into the hands of those criticising younger people for throwing bog roll at each other.

i have been going years and we may not have had nuimbers but we were loud and had the banter that you are talking about and i never hurt another addick or threw anything at opposing team player.

the enviroment some are trying to introduce is not suited to al lot of people and i whole heartedly agree they should save it for those that wish to recipricate it.

The fact they threw it in the 1st place is disgusting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2010
    By about 120 yards seeing their keeper was at the other end of the pitch.

What a ludicrous post. NLA I commend your post because if I type what I'm thinking I'd gave to ban myself!
  • Options
    I don't think "AndyCafc" would mind if he was banned. I sense a Wum.
  • Options
    Yep spot on but what happens next is those that are only fucking about amongst themselves will be grouped the same as those with a different agenda .

Whoever did it should take a long hard look at themselves and question why did I do that was it because I want to be part of the other group we all know who they are and where they gather or have I done it to look hardest out of the group that go there to support mess around and enjoy themselves vocally .

Because unless things have changed that much those that they were trying to impress would either say your a dickhead for doing that.

Or think the same and not let you near their group because the are a liability.
  • Options
    my mistake elliot was in the goal by the north in the second half. well then that idiot needs to sort their lifes out. espically at their own fan,

at barnet in the Fa cup Replay, someone got kicked out for throwing toilet roll like 2 seats infront of him to his mate. two or three stewards immediatly came up and kicked him out. and after that the whole lot in block a got told they were under hooligan camera's and then where repeadtly threathened to be kicked out for 'intimidating' the away fans.

now if that happened at barnet, imagine luton, the whole away end would be kicked out.. i know its got nothing to do with the coin but the stewards need to have a bit of cop on. its a football game, and they should realise that stuff like the coin inccedent and that will happen, if we like it or not, thats just life. and i just want to see how they react. and if they catch who threw it.

and on tuesday, some lad got kicked out for hiting the metal at the back of the J Block to try and make some noise.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]I don't think "AndyCafc" would mind if he was banned. I sense a Wum.

I would ban the his IP just in case :-)
  • Options
    Mister windscreen recieved a cut that needed stitches at Arsenal v Charlton 1969...The culprit? A boiled sweet spat out from a fellow supporter barely six feet away!

Not saying Andy is right...but so many unknown parameters encouraging many to be judge and jury...
  • Options
    Some of the people making the daft comments on this discussion need to grow up!

Anyone making light of a serious incident, or offering ridiculous interpretations of what might actually have caused an elderly woman to be struck by a missile, yes a missile: because that is what a small piece of metal becomes after being launched from a certain height) is a SIMPLETON; not a joker, not one of the lads, not a fan, but a SIMPLETON!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I can't see anyone making light of this situation.
    It's serious wether it was an accident or not, i have just heard of so many inncidents where it was in fact an accident. A few at Charlton believe it or not. I have just learnt a man on facebook nearly got knocked out by a stray phone from wolves away. Apology was excepted and the man in the tier above got his phone back.
  • Options
    I sit at the front of H block (NU) and the coin definately came from behind me, in fact it was the second one to be thrown!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]I sit at the front of H block (NU) and the coin definately came from behind me, in fact it was the second one to be thrown!

Is that the truth?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Words fail me when I hear stuff like this. I really hope the lady in question mends soon and feels able to go back to The Valley again. Wouldn't blame her or her husband if they didn't ever want to go back. Well done to the moron who injured her.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]I sit at the front of H block (NU) and the coin definately came from behind me, in fact it was the second one to be thrown!

I Was sat in row WW in H Block at the Yeovil game and i moved at half time because of the moron's around me. One especially , who was off his face on something. Not saying he had anything to do with the Incident on Tuesday (i bought a ticket in K block instead) but he was certainly spitting at people in front of him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]

Is that the truth?

When have you ever known me to lie Becks?
  • Options
    Thanks to all of you who have written nice comments to Lynne. Much appreciated.
    I agree with Red5's comment. Some of you, and in particular CafcAndy, need to give your heads a good shake. What I would suggest is now that the picture of Lynne is now on Charlton's web page you have a good look and make your own minds up. The bandage was not to keep her head warm!! If it had been thrown from lower North as has been suggested they must have been standing on stilts for it to have the impact on the top of her head.
    Who are you kidding, this was obviously no flicking of a coin.
    Yes, I was trying to get Lynne out as quickly as possible to get first aid attention for her when I saw how serious her injury was. There were a few youngsters around us who became worried.
    I have one thing to say to the low life and that is if you are man enough come down and speak to me as to your actions. Doubt if you have the bottle!! Better still, go to the Den where this kind of behaviour is considered part of their sport.
  • Options
    Have you contacted the club Essex_Al. Will make it alot easier for them if they know the area it came from.
  • Options
    The coin throwing doesn't look like an isolated incident to me. As others have already said a bottle also came down from the NU before the lady was hit by the coin. At first I thought she'd been hit by a bottle as it came down in the same area. Luckily nobody appeared to be hit.
  • Options
    I think this action is disgraceful, whoever does this is a disgrace to the club.
  • Options
    Old moaner you are spot on it was a cowardly act. There is no way they will come to you.

I hope the missus is ok
  • Options
    HigHig
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Words fail me when I hear stuff like this. I really hope the lady in question mends soon and feels able to go back to The Valley again. Wouldn't blame her or her husband if they didn't ever want to go back. Well done to the moron who injured her.
    The OS says she and husband are planning to go to the luton game in the same seats. Glad to hear that.
  • Options
    Hi all, just to say thanks for those of you who have sent me good wishes. I am still having headaches and not able to go to work at the moment but it could have been a lot worse!!
    For the benefit of those who think it's a big joke read the following VERY carefully:
    Fact: I was enjoying watching football and was hoping for us to score a second goal. Next thing I knew I was hit on the back of the head by a flying object. Those of you who have had a serious injury will relate to this: I was hit, there was pain, then there was no pain, and then there was pain again and I felt where I'd been hit and hand was covered in blood. I then went ape, because I couldn't believe that a fellow Charlton supporter could throw an object into the crowd at the risk of injuring or maiming someone. I was waving my hand in the direction of where the stewards were to gain their attention and I was absolutely furious at what happened and was shouting in the hope that whoever did it could see the repercussions of their actions. Apparently my pulse became very slow which is when they gave me oxygen which I had until I got to hospital. It was totally mindless action. We all get angry with the ref and even the players or manager etc when things don't go the way we want but to react in that way was utterly stupid. I just hope they have the bottle to own up to their actions but I doubt it.
    Anyway, the club have been very supportive and cannot thank them, St Johns Ambulance and the ambulance that Charlton use who took me to hospital enough.
    All I can say is to think before you react - there is always a bill to pick up and usually at someone elses expense!!