Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Item thrown from north upper into lower

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]No matter where i tend to sit i never seem to be that far away from an idiot.

Now you know how it feels to be a palace fan!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: confetti lady[/cite]I'm the lady that was hit last night at Charlton. In fact it WAS a coin that hit me and yes I did get sent to hospital after being given oxygen for shock. Yes, I was shouting and swearing because I couldn't believe that I got hit by some moron who calls themselves a "CHARLTON" supporter. I'm off work due to this incident. If you are man enough to admit you did this OWN UP or anyone else who knows of anyone throwing coins DO THE RIGHT THING and report them to either CAFC or the police. We do not want this to happen again. IT COULD HAVE BEEN A CHILD. I wonder how they would have felt if it was one of their relatives. We are the Valley not the DEN.
    Thanks to all of you who have expressed their good wishes. To finish I shall be there on Saturday nothing will deter me, especially these moronic arsesholes who call themselves Charlton fans.

sorry to hear about this. Im sure the club will put the CCTV to good use and find the idiot!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: confetti lady[/cite]I'm the lady that was hit last night at Charlton. In fact it WAS a coin that hit me and yes I did get sent to hospital after being given oxygen for shock. Yes, I was shouting and swearing because I couldn't believe that I got hit by some moron who calls themselves a "CHARLTON" supporter. I'm off work due to this incident. If you are man enough to admit you did this OWN UP or anyone else who knows of anyone throwing coins DO THE RIGHT THING and report them to either CAFC or the police. We do not want this to happen again. IT COULD HAVE BEEN A CHILD. I wonder how they would have felt if it was one of their relatives. We are the Valley not the DEN.
    Thanks to all of you who have expressed their good wishes. To finish I shall be there on Saturday nothing will deter me, especially these moronic arsesholes who call themselves Charlton fans.

This makes me livid. I was going to bring my 7 year old son to the game on saturday , i seriously have to think twice about bringing him now and in the future.
    Hope you get better soon and if they do find the culprit i hope you press charges,
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: confetti lady[/cite] To finish I shall be there on Saturday nothing will deter me, especially these moronic arsesholes who call themselves Charlton fans.

Good for you.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]No matter where i tend to sit i never seem to be that far away from an idiot.

Now you know how it feels to be a palace fan!

Glad you find it funny.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]This makes me livid. I was going to bring my 7 year old son to the game on saturday , i seriously have to think twice about bringing him now and in the future.

My 8 yr old and I usually go to the west stand upper. Great view, a bit of singing and atmosphere and no trouble so far. If you do get someone behind you swearing a lot (as we did on Saturday) there's enough spaces to move.
  • Options
    All the best for a speedy recovery confetti lady.

Hope they catch the low life that threw the coin, as you say, could've been a child it hit.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Jints[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]This makes me livid. I was going to bring my 7 year old son to the game on saturday , i seriously have to think twice about bringing him now and in the future.

My 8 yr old and I usually go to the west stand upper. Great view, a bit of singing and atmosphere and no trouble so far. If you do get someone behind you swearing a lot (as we did on Saturday) there's enough spaces to move.

Doesn't it cost more to go in the West or East?

Season tickets are definitely more expensive in those areas than in Covered End Upper or Lower.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: confetti lady[/cite]To finish I shall be there on Saturday nothing will deter me, especially these moronic arsesholes who call themselves Charlton fans.

Good for you.

Seconded.
  • Options
    Pretty sure Dave Mehmet wasn't suggesting the coin throwing incident was funny...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sure it wasn't Pigeon droppings?
  • Options
    [cite]Doesn't it cost more to go in the West or East?

Season tickets are definitely more expensive in those areas than in Covered End Upper or Lower.

It is more for adults I'm afraid but the same for kids, but worth it IMO. The family quadrant is the cheapest for STs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

Same price for NW Quad.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The stupid new official site doesn't allow you to link properly but people should read the article about this disgraceful incident.
  • Options
    I am not condoning this behaviour at all. There has always been an element of bad behaviour at football. Charlton has for a number of years now, avoided the worst of this. I think that the amount of people now behaving in a laddish way is due to fashion. The moment that 'crowd scenes' were shown on the news again (West Ham and others) then kids think 'that looks fun' and they all join in.

This does not excuse them, but unless something is done they will bring their mates and it will escalate. How long before there is some form of confrontation between our own fans? Two groups of Young Uns or Young vs Old. I am willing to gamble that they are already planning a confrontation with another team and I hope no one gets hurt or caught up in that.

Get well soon Confetti Lady and please do not feel you are on your own.
  • Options
    Confetti Lady, i am so sorry to read this. I hope you are ok and i'm so glad that one idiot coward hopefully isn't going to spoil things for you going forward.

If any of the regulars i know on here knows Confetti lady, or sits close to her, can they please give me a whisper.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

As are match tickets. After my dads speech at my wedding I feel bad that he mentioned more than once that he was gutted that I moved from sitting with him in the west to sit with my friends (and future husband) in the NU. So the last few games I've sat with him in the west. As I dont have a season ticket anymore and can't make every game, I dont mind the cost so much, but I certainly wouldnt be able to do it every week.

Hope you're feeling better soon confetti lady. dont let the arseholes keep you away from your charlton.

maybe those commenting on the loo roll thread could re read it and see if this is what the stewards were trying to iradicate? or perhaps not bother and still think you had the right to complain about what the stewards were trying to do?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    edited
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    "You don't expect that sort of thing from your own fans. It was a pound coin which hit her on the crown of her head, so it could only have been thrown from the upper north.

How did they come to this conclusion?

Could have been a kid nearby that was trying to flick a coin up..You never know what has happened so until the CCTV is looked at i'd quit the North Upper slating.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get well soon Confetti Lady.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Could have been a kid nearby that was trying to flick a coin up..
    And that would put somebody in hospital? Get real mate.

Get well soon confetti lady.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]"You don't expect that sort of thing from your own fans. It was a pound coin which hit her on the crown of her head, so it could only have been thrown from the upper north.

How did they come to this conclusion?

Could have been a kid nearby that was trying to flick a coin up..You never know what has happened so until the CCTV is looked at i'd quit the North Upper slating.

That could be true but this lot are judge jury and execution so dont stand in there way.
  • Options
    I thought she went to hospital from "shock"..I'm not saying it didn't come from the north upper, but there are alot of other possiblities..

I mean, what riff-raff in the North upper would throw away 1 pound, on that basis i think it came from the posh lot in the west..

Would like to know how badly swollen/bleeding it was..A coin from that far would have left a mark, much more than shock.
  • Options
    Very pleased that Lynne is well enough to post and plans to be back on Saturday. Good for you and good on the Club for making this public when could have been easier to keep it quiet and avoid any negative local and national press. The fans come first again.

The person who threw the coin deserves to be banned for a long, long time, if not life not only because of the injury he or she caused but to set an example to others.

On the wider issue, of course just because a fan sings, swears, smokes, stands up or slings around toilet roll doesn't mean that they throw coins or condone others doing it.

It does however, as Suzi implies, prove the point that she and others were trying to make.

Yes, make a noise and get behind the team vocally but because you choose to do so and feel that you are creating "an atmosphere" that does not give you total freedom to do what they like without any regard for others. There is a line and you need to be aware of what it is and not cross it.

As the old slogan says "your fist's freedom ends where my face begins". Being "passionate" is great but does not excuse ignoring other people's right to watch a game in the way they wish - which is just a valid and "proper" as yours - and making sure what is a good laugh for you, whether that is standing, swearing, pushing, chucking stuff around or even throwing coins, isn't a nasty or unpleasant experience for others.
  • Options
    Hope they get the fu£ker that did this.
    By all accounts that woman has done more games than most on here.
    Yet the CL smart arse's still joke about it.
  • Options
    Being straight after a goal reiterates my point, someone could have jumped up and let go?
  • Options
    not sure but i sit in the upper north and some inbred teeneagers were throwing bottles to lower so it may of been them
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Being straight after a goal reiterates my point, someone could have jumped up and let go?
    That's why you always see coins flying around stadiums across the country every week when a team scores. You're sounding a bit ridiculous in my opinion. And if that did happen, i'm sure the person will come forward...
  • Options
    Now for my point.

When i sat behind the away dugout, Johnny Robinson scores to make it 3-3 agaisnt United. Next thing my cousin get's tonked on the head with a lighter. A little old man run's down the steps addmitting to having it in his hand when we scored and letting it go, was no more than 10 rows behind us but the height it came down made him wince.

All im saying is, this is a very rare thing to happen in English football, especially Charlton so lets not judge just yet!