Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Item thrown from north upper into lower

About the 75th minute I think. Some old girl near the front got hit by something from the upper. She went pretty nuts, rather hysterical. Anyone else see it? Husband just walked out looking rather embarrassed whilst she shouted at everyone who would listen

Comments

• Options
    it wasnt toilet roll that hit her buy any chance was it?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Well judging by the way she got up shouting, a coin, a coin some bastard from up there has thrown a coin at me. ............................no
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    We're in row AA in the North West Quad and a couple of coins were thrown down near us towards the end of the first half and thankfully they missed everyone
    And yes we can call some of our fellow supporters complete and utter c***s cos that is exactly what they are
  • Options
    edited November 2010
  • Options
    I see tin foil wrap chucked down from the North Upper.
  • Options
    I rememeber something similar happening some yeras ago. Someone threw a coin at the villa keeper hit the fence at the front of the lower and rebounded back and hit a poor women in the eye.
  • Options
    students getting some practice for today?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]students getting some practice for today?

Or just idiots
  • Options
    I think it's the bloke who was EAST C Row U seat 36 against Barnet
  • Options
    Didn't see anything from the E block, if we seriously got supporters chucking coins down from the upper at our own supporters then they should be punished by death.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My brother said someone threw a bottle (with contents) from behind us in the NU after our goal. Probably the same idiot teenagers that had been chucking stuff all game.

Still, at least they were being passionate and supporting their club - unlike people like me that were just watching the game!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I saw toilet roll get thrown from North Upper down to Lower on Saturday. Think it hit some women at the front lol
  • Options
    It was indeed a bottle, just after our goal I think. plastic drink bottle, probably about half full. I would say it came from towards the back of the stand but can't say for definite.
  • Options
    they were definitely coins cos i heard cries of ''SCRAMMMMBLE''
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: conza-cafc[/cite]I saw toilet roll get thrown from North Upper down to Lower on Saturday. Think it hit some women at the front lol

yes, throwing something, even a toilet roll, and it hitting some unsuspecting fan is funny.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: conza-cafc[/cite]I saw toilet roll get thrown from North Upper down to Lower on Saturday. Think it hit some women at the front lol

yes, throwing something, even a toilet roll, and it hitting some unsuspecting fan is funny.[/quote

exactly sad ppl need to grow up
  • Options
    Throwing toilet roll and it hitting someone is not the same as throwing a bottle or a coin. If that has happened, complain to the club and im sure they will deal with the person who threw it.

On the bog roll hitting incidents, i once got hit by the confetti that is thrown behind the covered end goal.. :'(.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    i once got hit by a ball in the east stand......i complained to the club but they replied: 'we are fully behind akpo, it was a decent attempt at goal'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]i once got hit by a ball in the east stand......i complained to the club but they replied: 'we are fully behind akpo, it was a decent attempt at goal'

You may joke but Akpo broke my mate's wrist last year with a warm up shot at yeovil awayl
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]I rememeber something similar happening some yeras ago. Someone threw a coin at the villa keeper hit the fence at the front of the lower and rebounded back and hit a poor women in the eye.[/quote]

I know I shouldn't laugh but this reminded me of that biblical misquote "hit is eye my lord"!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]i once got hit by a ball in the east stand......i complained to the club but they replied: 'we are fully behind akpo, it was a decent attempt at goal'

You may joke but Akpo broke my mate's wrist last year with a warm up shot at yeovil awayl
    I got hit with the ball at the Barnet pre season match a couple of seasons ago, caused much amusement to Mr Irving :)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]We're in row AA in the North West Quad and a couple of coins were thrown down near us towards the end of the first half [/quote]

They do say 'money goes to money'. . . . . :o)
  • Options
    Anyone see the little lad in the first match v Barnet in the cup this year get hit by the ball in the warm up - took him clean out. Felt sorry for him, he was only young and the ball was kicked with such force that it must have really hurt the poor chap. Can't remember who kicked the ball (Reid maybe ?).

As for the toilet roll - is this being stolen from the toilets in the ground or are people coming with toilet roll in anticipation ?
  • Options
    This was not a trivial incident and is certainly not a subject for hilarity. The woman had to go to hospital by ambulance after the game with a serious head injury and was not released until 3am. Her husband was, understandably, very angry and the police have been involved. The club will make a statement shortly.
  • Options
    Seriously we have some right W**nkers that support our club. Hope she is okay.
  • Options
    surely people 'around' whoever threw it must've seen it, did nobody say anything, I know I would've...
  • Options
    Can't grasp the concept of why somebody would do it to your own supporters, I suppose there is at least intent when you hear of stuff being thrown at opposition fans. Hope she is alright and you catch up with the braindead people involved.
  • Options
    that is extremely sad to hear. As Curb It says you really do have to despair with some of our fans. Probably those throwing toilet rolls who thought it funny and harmless have progressed to throwing other more damaging objects. I hope the Club find who it was and ban them for life and prosecute them. (sorry if that is being too over sensitive for some).
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The club has CCTV of evey seat/area so if they report the incident to the club there must be a fair chance they can identify the culprit. I know there are a lot of fans in the North Upper but it may be possible.

At Barnet in the friendly last season, a lady got hit by a ball think in the face- the St Johns Ambulance guys were with her for ages.
  • Options
    Someone obviously mis judged their throwing ability.