Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Item thrown from north upper into lower

Comments

• Options
    This is a disgrace. Fans throwing coins at fellow fans? We do not need these sort of people at Charlton. F*** off down to The Den.
  • Options
    The idiots that now occupy a lot of the North Upper are ruining football for me now. Smoking, abusing people trying to watch the game and now throwing stuff thoughout the game. I am going to have to move seats or I will no longer be able to attend as they seriously make me angry. They seem to think behaving like a complete prick is something to be proud of. Most of them are under 18 but a lot of them are older than me and should know better. Some of those take children with them so who knows how bad it will get in the next few years.

I hope the woman is okay and fully recovers. Hopefully CCTV will pick up those throwing stuff and they will be punished accordingly.
  • Options
    A stupid thing to do, but i doubt the person who threw it had the intention of throwing it directly at a fan. Surely it was aimed for someone on the pitch and they just had a woeful throw?
  • Options
    There is CCTV that covers all areas of the ground, so it won't be too difficult to find out who was responsible - twattish thing to do really.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]A stupid thing to do, but i doubt the person who threw it had the intention of throwing it directly at a fan. Surely it was aimed for someone on the pitch and they just had a woeful throw?

that's ok then.

next!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]A stupid thing to do, but i doubt the person who threw it had the intention of throwing it directly at a fan. Surely it was aimed for someone on the pitch and they just had a woeful throw?

Doesn't matter what the intent was.

Throwing coins is moronic and dangerous and something one expects at the Den not The Valley.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Wilma[/cite]The idiots that now occupy a lot of the North Upper are ruining football for me now.

probably some of the same that are beginning to ruin away games too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Wilma[/cite]The idiots that now occupy a lot of the North Upper are ruining football for me now.

probably some of the same that are beginning to ruin away games too.

Watch it you will be accused of being old and of not supporting your team.
  • Options
    These imbeciles need to be lined up against a wall, legs spread (oo-er) and have themselves a good hard kick in the nuts. That always works a treat!

Apologies for being, I suppose, a little aggressive/crude but these socially inept creatures are getting right on my tits.
  • Options
    Disappointed that some fans are using this lady's injury to score points.

Best of luck to her, hope she recovers to full health as quickly as possible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I saw something get thrown in the north upper shortly after our goal but i'm sure it was a bottle.
  • Options
    Just awful. Hope she get better and that going to Charlton isn't comletely ruined for her and her husband.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    IA Posted: "Disappointed that some fans are using this lady's injury to score points.

Best of luck to her, hope she recovers to full health as quickly as possible."

I don't think people are scoring points at all. Some of us actually LIKE the fact that Charlton is a family club with standards of acceptable and unacceptable behaviour.

If those standards are compromised, particularly in such a serious fashion as an elderly female fan being injured, then it is perfectly justifiable to express concern.

I reiterate your wishes to the injured lady for a quick, complete recovery.
  • Options
    Christ this site is making depressing reading today. Coin throwing or anything else for that matter is wrong. There is no justification for it if it's aimed at the oppositions players, fans, the ref or anyone else. I hope the authourities get hold of the scrots responsible for this and deal with them asap as we do NOT want this sort of thing to take hold and become accepted in any way.
  • Options
    She goes to every Charlton game- home and away without fail, with her husband.
  • Options
    Seem to be getting a fair share of morons supporting us these days.

Could cost the club a fair bit if the old girl decides to make a claim on the insurance.
  • Options
    If people see others throwing things onto our own fans below should bloody well report it. Its simple really. Report it, and they can't do it again!!
  • Options
    Wilma move to the North West Quad. I quite like sitting there now as you get the noise from the North Upper but not so many nob heads.

JT your comment was a bit silly. Throwing coins at a player or a fan is wrong.
  • Options
    Wilma, i sit in NW Quad and it is great. However, guys along from me were complaning about coins been thrown too last night and it hit his kids
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]IA Posted: "Disappointed that some fans are using this lady's injury to score points.

I don't think people are scoring points at all. Some of us actually LIKE the fact that Charlton is a family club with standards of acceptable and unacceptable behaviour.

If those standards are compromised, particularly in such a serious fashion as an elderly female fan being injured, then it is perfectly justifiable to express concern.

Throwing coins is 100% unacceptable, and I hope going to Charlton matches hasn't been ruined for her. I also hope the club find whoever is responsible for throwing the coin.

However, there is no connection between people throwing coins and people throwing bog roll or smoking or being loud or shouting stupid things at the players, all of which have been brought up in this thread.

Some of our fans are scoring points, some are not. I'm disappointed in those who are.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: IAHowever, there is no connection between people throwing coins and people throwing bog roll or smoking or being loud or shouting stupid things at the players, all of which have been brought up in this thread.

Sure there is. If minor things are tolerated by the majority it creates an atmosphere in which people thiink it's OK to do worse. That's the throry behind zero tolerance any way, no reason why it shoudln't also be applicable at a football match.

You don't go to a football match expecting it to be like church. We expect people to acted in a boisterous way. But there has to be a line somwhere and a lot of people think that throwing stuff, even if harmless, breaches that line.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Wilma move to the North West Quad. I quite like sitting there now as you get the noise from the North Upper but not so many nob heads.

JT your comment was a bit silly. Throwing coins at a player or a fan is wrong.

Think i worded it wrong. Wasn't trying to condone any type of coin throwing, just pointing out to an above poster.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jints[/cite]Just awful. Hope she get better and that going to Charlton isn't comletely ruined for her and her husband.

Agree with the above. Hope the scumbag is caught and banned for life by the club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Wilma move to the North West Quad. I quite like sitting there now as you get the noise from the North Upper but not so many nob heads.
    Seconded!
  • Options
    Curb-it and Kimbo - thanks for the vote of confidence for North West Quad, will check it out. I'm sitting North Lower on Saturday so I can escape them for a game.

I hope nobody is accusing me of "point scoring" on my previous post. The sort of behaviour that is now the norm in the NU is the thin end of the wedge so to speak. Idiots getting away with minor anti-social behaviour just encourages them to up their game and get worse.

I have complained about the 14 year olds near me and they've been chucked out, only to come back and do exactly the same thing again at the next game. Am I now expected to hunt out a steward and complain every game? And then get subjected to abuse because I complained? If people do not like the rules imposed on them when buying a ticket, then they should go somewhere else.

Spending the whole game having things hitting you (and many others) on the head is not my idea of fun and I'm not prepared to put up with it. So I might be boring, not passionate, not a proper football fan - if behaving like a brain-dead moron is what it take to be "proper" then I'd rather not bother.
  • Options
    The overiding sentiment of this thread is that it was totally wrong and that most of us are sad and ashamed it happened. Nobody conones it. Is there a way of passing this onto her and her husband. We also wish her well and hope she is not seriously injured. I know it won't help but a little empathy can help a bit
  • Options
    I'm the lady that was hit last night at Charlton. In fact it WAS a coin that hit me and yes I did get sent to hospital after being given oxygen for shock. Yes, I was shouting and swearing because I couldn't believe that I got hit by some moron who calls themselves a "CHARLTON" supporter. I'm off work due to this incident. If you are man enough to admit you did this OWN UP or anyone else who knows of anyone throwing coins DO THE RIGHT THING and report them to either CAFC or the police. We do not want this to happen again. IT COULD HAVE BEEN A CHILD. I wonder how they would have felt if it was one of their relatives. We are the Valley not the DEN.
    Thanks to all of you who have expressed their good wishes. To finish I shall be there on Saturday nothing will deter me, especially these moronic arsesholes who call themselves Charlton fans.
  • Options
    All the best confetti lady, let's hope they are found, guy in front of me threw a couple of sweets into the crowd, not wise to throw anything at all, especially as he had kids with him who may follow his lead.

Hope you fully recover, and hope we beat Luton on saturday!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]IA Posted: "Disappointed that some fans are using this lady's injury to score points.

Throwing coins is 100% unacceptable, and I hope going to Charlton matches hasn't been ruined for her. I also hope the club find whoever is responsible for throwing the coin.

However, there is no connection between people throwing coins and people throwing bog roll or smoking or being loud or shouting stupid things at the players, all of which have been brought up in this thread.

Some of our fans are scoring points, some are not. I'm disappointed in those who are.

agree

some bellend was completely out of order and i hope the lady is ok, but how often have you heard of anything like this happen at the valley?... this is certainly the first time i have. if i was in the NU and someone started throwing coins he'd get stuck straight on his arse.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I'm fed up with the idiots in the Upper North. I now think very carefully as to whether to bring my son(s) to the game any more. No matter where i tend to sit i never seem to be that far away from an idiot.
    Unless the club crack down on the anti social behaviour that is occurring in that stand i can see the real fans being driven out.
    No wonder that atmosphere is dead at the Valley when people like me who grew up supporting Charlton over the years cant go to the game without having to worry about getting abuse or exposing their children to it.
    I'm not sure if this a problem we have or it's an everyday social problem but unless it's nipped in the bud NOW , expect the genuine supporters to go less and less.