Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Item thrown from north upper into lower

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: confetti lady[/cite]Hi all, just to say thanks for those of you who have sent me good wishes. I am still having headaches and not able to go to work at the moment but it could have been a lot worse!!
    For the benefit of those who think it's a big joke read the following VERY carefully:
    Fact: I was enjoying watching football and was hoping for us to score a second goal. Next thing I knew I was hit on the back of the head by a flying object. Those of you who have had a serious injury will relate to this: I was hit, there was pain, then there was no pain, and then there was pain again and I felt where I'd been hit and hand was covered in blood. I then went ape, because I couldn't believe that a fellow Charlton supporter could throw an object into the crowd at the risk of injuring or maiming someone. I was waving my hand in the direction of where the stewards were to gain their attention and I was absolutely furious at what happened and was shouting in the hope that whoever did it could see the repercussions of their actions. Apparently my pulse became very slow which is when they gave me oxygen which I had until I got to hospital. It was totally mindless action. We all get angry with the ref and even the players or manager etc when things don't go the way we want but to react in that way was utterly stupid. I just hope they have the bottle to own up to their actions but I doubt it.
    Anyway, the club have been very supportive and cannot thank them, St Johns Ambulance and the ambulance that Charlton use who took me to hospital enough.
    All I can say is to think before you react - there is always a bill to pick up and usually at someone elses expense!!

Where do you sit?
  • Options
    Best of wishes confetti lady, I despair at the human race sometimes I truly do.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Have you contacted the club Essex_Al. Will make it alot easier for them if they know the area it came from.

I would be happy to do that, but I suspect Airman Brown will be monitoring this thread very closely.
  • Options
    All the best Lynne and hope the pain goes soon. As you can see we are shocked by this incident and you show what a true fan you are by sitting in the same place on Saturday.My admiration. When the teams come out I will be applauding you as well as the team and I'm sure many on here will echo that gesture. It is all of our duty if we see an idiot throwing anything in future to stand up to them and get them banned. And Andcafc, your comments really show you up. It is ok if it's their keeper the coin was aimed at - yes and its ok if the north upper gets closed and it's ok if a player gets hurt as long as they aren't ours. If you are older than 10 you are a disgrace and need to grow up. There is a place for people who behave like this and It's called the New Den. this is not the behaviour of Charlton fans and anybody supporting it stoops as low as you can get.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]I don't think "AndyCafc" would mind if he was banned. I sense a Wum.

Id change your user name mate, im getting confused. The other poster cant be serious at some of his comments?
    He surely is a wind up.

Good luck to you Mrs confetti - up the addicks.
  • Options
    There is so much wrong with this thread I just haven't got the time or energy to know where to start.

I'll say one thing though - good on you Mrs Confetti, don't let the ****s stop you doing what you love.
  • Options
    Echo all the best wishes to Mrs C.

It's strange, I was saying last night that there seem to be a lot more herberts in the CU upper than before. I thought it was me just getting old but near me some blokes, early 20s, arguing that it was their right to stand up smack in front of a couple of blokes there with their kids. You know the type, thinks tha 'The Bristol Family' song is the funniest thing ever, and listening to them you just get the impression that their CAFC life hasn't been that long. I dunno. I know we need everyone through the gates and I know it's the CU but there's a nastier atmosphere than there was even a couple of years ago. It seems to me, anyway.
  • Options
    Really shocking. O hope the person who did this reads that account, hangs their head amdv learns a lesson. Confetti. I wish you a speedy recovery
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BrentfordAddick[/cite]
    It's strange, I was saying last night that there seem to be a lot more herberts in the CU upper than before. I thought it was me just getting old but near me some blokes, early 20s, arguing that it was their right to stand up smack in front of a couple of blokes there with their kids. You know the type, thinks tha 'The Bristol Family' song is the funniest thing ever, and listening to them you just get the impression that their CAFC life hasn't been that long. I dunno. I know we need everyone through the gates and I know it's the CU but there's a nastier atmosphere than there was even a couple of years ago. It seems to me, anyway.[/quote]

Totally agree with you - sadly some complete d***heads seem to have latched on to the club just recently.

Best wishes to Lynne - hope you feel much better soon and will take some comfort from the number of fellow CAFC fans who hope that the numbskull who threw the coin is tracked down and dealt with appropriately.
  • Options
    how very strange this thread is, on saturday young joe wanted to place a bet before the game, i broke into a note (as much as it hurt) the game was just about to kick off, I bagged the change and slip in my back pocket.When the first goal went in I didn't win, I stood up whipped the betting slip out of my back pocket and out flew a nicker,approx 5 rows forward from me.A geezer picked it up gave me a dodgy stare I apologised and he returned it.Imagine what would have happened if i was in the first couple of rows of the upper north and it went down to the lower ? Not saying this wasn't deliberate last night but god's honest truth this happened saturday. i was coined back in 87 when the sweaty's took over wembley like they always did, i could see a coin 2p heading towards me, i couldn't move and it hit me flush on the forehead and hurt like hell.Lady Confetti I know how it feels and it aint pleasant just found thisa bit spooky after saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ive been a long time reader of Charlton Life, but for no reason in particular have never posted anything, but this really prompted me to.

I sit 2 rows behind confetti lady and saw everything happen last night. It was just after a Simon Francis cross sailed into the Jimmy Seed and like the rest of the ground I groaned in frustration. Some pleb has then seen fit to throw a coin, at who and for what reason, only they know, but there must be enought CCTV in the ground to catch them. It hit her smack on the crown of her head and there was blood all over her hair within a few seconds, I have to say the stewards were a bit slow to react but I guess they couldn't really have done much.

I agree with the people above who said that there seems be some real prats at games over the past couple of years, and at times has created a bit of a nasty atmosphere. I don't know where they've appeared from, but if it continues on it's really going to start spoiling going to games for a lot of people. There's nothing wrong with being a "family club", but at the same time creating a hostile atmosphere, in a positive way, through passionate support, and it would be shame if a what would seem be increasing minority are intent doing things like this.

Hope that confetti lady gets well soon, I can't make it on Sat but will wish her well at the Walsall game and hopefully the club can find whoever was responsible.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Firstly Confetti lady well done on showing your resilience and coming back on saturday, hope your recovery continues and you are soon back to work.

On all levels what happened was wrong and incomprehensible if we change the the scenario from hitting a fan to hitting a player from the opposition the FA / Football League would have got involved the club would at least have been fined, especially after recent mankini and old man encroachment incidents and it is even possible that the ground could be closed,although unlikely on a first offence.

So at whatever level that the perpetrator threw it the mind boggles at the thought process that went through his head -hurt a fan or hurt the club (shaking head in exasperation)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: TMoney[/cite]Ive been a long time reader of Charlton Life, but for no reason in particular have never posted anything, but this really prompted me to.

I sit 2 rows behind confetti lady and saw everything happen last night. It was just after a Simon Francis cross sailed into the Jimmy Seed and like the rest of the ground I groaned in frustration. Some pleb has then seen fit to throw a coin, at who and for what reason, only they know, but there must be enought CCTV in the ground to catch them. It hit her smack on the crown of her head and there was blood all over her hair within a few seconds, I have to say the stewards were a bit slow to react but I guess they couldn't really have done much.

I agree with the people above who said that there seems be some real prats at games over the past couple of years, and at times has created a bit of a nasty atmosphere. I don't know where they've appeared from, but if it continues on it's really going to start spoiling going to games for a lot of people. There's nothing wrong with being a "family club", but at the same time creating a hostile atmosphere, in a positive way, through passionate support, and it would be shame if a what would seem be increasing minority are intent doing things like this.

Hope that confetti lady gets well soon, I can't make it on Sat but will wish her well at the Walsall game and hopefully the club can find whoever was responsible.
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Firstly Confetti lady well done on showing your resilience and coming back on saturday, hope your recovery continues and you are soon back to work.

On all levels what happened was wrong,but lets change the scenario from hitting a fan to hitting a player from the opposition the FA / Football League would have got involved the club would at least have been fined, especially after recent mankini and old man encroachment incidents and it is even possible that the ground could be closed,although unlikely on a first offence.

So at whatever level that the perpetrator threw it the mind boggles at the thought process that went through his head -hurt a fan or hurt the club (shaking head in exasperation)

this all day long its just plain ridiculous and imo its not just the club that needs to police it but the fans also
  • Options
    If you have ever been hit, square on the swede by a coin of whatever denomination that has been thrown you will know it hurts more than a little bit, if someone did this to my mother I would rip their tongue out and strangle them with it.

There is no space for anyone saying, it was 'only' a pissed up lad or it was 'only' a mistake etc. Whoever did this this should be banned and sent to that pisshole at Bermondsey.

The amount of things like this going on at Charlton right now is getting more than noticable, things like this do not make someone any tougher or more passionate than someone who rapes because they are not getitng any.

I hope the lady who got hit gets better soon
  • Options
    I just read the article and this is pathetic, I'm sick of hearing about fans doing that sort of stuff and they should be kicked out, not only of the stadium but off the streets as well, football hooliganism isn't suited anywhere but if those so called "fans" want to create trouble, then they should jog on to millwall, there are plenty of empty seats over there. I'm in North Upper all the time and I also want to point out that J block and H block while they usually have good banter at trying to out sing each other take it too seriously on occasions and to those fans, I want to point out WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME SIDE!!!!!!
  • Options
    My Christ we've got some c***s going to our games lately. I'm not calling them 'supporters' or 'fans' - they're just f***ing morons who go because we're pretty low profile at the moment and, presumably, they see it as a nice easy way to behave like f***ing imbeciles in public. All the pillocks acting as apologists for people behaving like fools because 'they're creating an atmosphere' need to have a look at themselves.

Having had a hockey puck hit me on the back of the head when I was a kid, I can tell you that anything hard hitting you on the head is f***ing painful and NOT something to laugh about. Hope your injury clears up confetti lady
  • Options
    I know I posted it at the beginning of this thread but just before the end of the first half a couple of coins landed near us NWQ row AA so there was at least two separate "coin incidents" at differing times and luckily for us no one got hit
    Good luck confetti lady
  • Options
    edited November 2010
  • Options
    Hope Clady is ok.

If if was a relo of mine and i found who did it they wouldnt be throwing anything for a long while.

Mind you in the 70s i once threw a cheese sandwich at an oppo player. As is had been in my work bag for a whole shift i thnk it must go down as chemical warfare
  • Options
    It is completely unacceptable behaviour.
    I hope the lady in question and her family recover quickly and good on them for their return.
    As for people throwing things into crowds, they are dangerous idiots all day long and they have no place in a football crowd at Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not quite understanding why the recklass actions of a minority puts us all in one catogory? The sensible ones out-weigh the idiots, and im sure, this being an islolated incident, that the people involved will be dealt wth and we can go on the way it used to be. Lots of idiots will still be there, but there are different types of idiots in every block of every stand.
  • Options
    As an old guy I perhaps take a sterner view than others. You can't throw a pound coin a distance without someone close by seeing it, and even if you are a friend you have a responsibility to pick up the phone, you don't need to give your name, and report the scumbag who did this. If you don't then you are as bad as them. If we have students or anyone else who are going to throw things in the crowd at the valley, then the Club need to take much stronger action to put a stop to it. For a start they should make it clear that anyone guilty of this will be banned for life, and if necessary proscecuted. Ask yourselves how you would like to see your Gran lying bleeding on a stretcher, and then do the right thing.
  • Options
    “There is an increasingly antagonistic tone growing on this site lately. I really don't know why that it is, but it is hugely disappointing and I can assure everyone it is not welcome, and won't be tolerated for much longer. Posts in the above thread give an example of that.

You've got to be a sandwich short of a picnic if you really think a 60yr old woman was hospitalised through a kid playing heads or tails. That could of been your mum or nan who was taken away in an ambulance last night.

As stated numerous times, if people want to use an internet forum to dig out the other people that post on it, or simply want to be provactive to get a reaction, then please use another site.

Hope you are all ok Lynne.”

@ AFKA

Not being antagonistic just noticing the way more and more threads are going of late and TBH I find that more disappointing in the greater scheme of things and overall sad to see.
    You won’t tolerate it I presume bans are on the way of we don’t fall in and comply ?, slightly unfair as I think myself and Jarman are just highlighting a trend of many posters on here in recent months.

All the Best to Lynne and let’s hope they get who ever done it
  • Options
    [quote]this all day long its just plain ridiculous and imo its not just the club that needs to police it but the fans also[/quote]

NLA is bang on the nail here. It's no use waiting for "them" to solve our problem. Intervene, report, whatever it takes, because this cannot be tolerated.
  • Options
    Dan, would it be a nice gesture from CL to give this lady a bunch of flowers on Saturday. I would be happy to see you in the Lib with a tenner!

If there were enough tenners, perhaps we could treat her and hubbie to a meal before a game in one of the hospitality suites. Just a thought!
  • Options
    Get well soon confetti lady. The Culprits should be banned for life.
  • Options
    we are two pages further on I know but can I just say that a couple of people have misinterpreted my comment on page three. I posted in relation to another comment made without reproducing that comment and it therefore makes my comment seem insensitive and condoning what happened. This is certainly not the case as my initial comment on page one will testify, reproduced below :

'that is extremely sad to hear. As Curb It says you really do have to despair with some of our fans. Probably those throwing toilet rolls who thought it funny and harmless have progressed to throwing other more damaging objects. I hope the Club find who it was and ban them for life and prosecute them.'
  • Options
    why did you compare toilet rolls to the coin incident?
  • Options
    hope confetti lady is on the mend and that the prick who threw that coin is outed by someone that would have been more likely to hit a child if it was say this saturday,wrongun
  • Options
    I would like to add my best wishes to Confetti lady, and I am very pleased that this incident will not deter her from supporting Charlton. I will be honest/naive and say that I had no idea that a thrown coin could inflict this kind of injury. Taking a charitable view,It may well be the case that the person/s throwing the coins did not realise either, in which case I hope that they will have learned something and not do it in the future. Throwing anything is unacceptable, there should be no attempts at justification, it's simple, you can inflict serious injury so pack it in.
    That being said, I too have noticed a deterioration in behaviour over the past couple of years and it has deterred us from going to away matches. There is more than youthful high jinks going on. At Barnet, stewards were confiscating deodorant cans, apparently they are used as flame throwers. Some supporters are going to games seemingly with the intention of causing trouble. I dread to think what injuries would result if someone's hair is set on fire. I understand loyalty to friends, but in these cases it is totally misjudged. Report them please.