Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Item thrown from north upper into lower

Comments

• Options
    That's great, Lynne. What a nice surprise to hear personally from Parky ! Bless !

Take care

Jean xx
  • Options
    Well done the club and well done Parky.

Hope you fell 100% very soon confetti lady.
  • Options
    nice touch from Parky
  • Options
    Two clear days since this happened now.

Any closer to apprehending the culprit?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Two clear days since this happened now.

Any closer to apprehending the culprit?

Yes Len, two clear days - ONLY two clear ,days.

When exactly would the club have had the opportunity to "apprehend" the culprit? Give them a chance.

These days of the internet age everyone wants everything immediately, but am surprised that you appear to be falling into this category too.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Just a simple question, no more no less, with no ulterior motive.

Firstly there is apparently ample CCTV coverage so it is not unreasonable to ask whether or not the culprit has yet been identified (even if not yet apprehended) if CCTV, covering the probable areas the coin could have been thrown from, has been scrutinised by the Club, the police or both.

Secondly an appeal for help and information has been put out both via Charlton channels and the press which could also have reaped a positive reply. In these situations people tend to come forward promptly if they are going to.
  • Options
    If they have any sense they will not come within a million miles of the ground which is probably the best we can hope for seeing as juvenile delinquents are never really punished. Great gesture from Parky and remember everybody - when we clap the team on the pitch tomorrow, save half of the applause for Lynne. A true Charlton fan and a credit to us and the club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]If they have any sense they will not come within a million miles of the ground which is probably the best we can hope for seeing as juvenile delinquents are never really punished. Great gesture from Parky and remember everybody - when we clap the team on the pitch tomorrow, save half of the applause for Lynne. A true Charlton fan and a credit to us and the club.

what about when we boo them off it*

*joke..;o)
  • Options
    on a lighter note, my son and I were sitting directly behind confetti lady last Saturday for the Yeovil match. The teams came out and we were covered. my son loved it but his mother was cursing because she's been picking up little bits of paper ever since...HeHe
  • Options
    Just caught up on this. Disgrace. Best wishes to you Lynne, hope you're feeling better.

I've said our support is disproportionately feral for several seasons and always been dismissed as on a wind up - so, 'told you so'. That's that off my chest.

Secondly, whilst suspicious of CafcAndy's tone, his point that the coin may have come from elsewhere other than the upper tier should be considered. I haven't read anything on here, or the OS, to suggest it defintitely did and if everybody accepts that it did, it may hinder the investigation as to who did throw it. I'm just thinking that maybe someone threw it from somewhere else, feels guilty but may not come forward if everybody has decided it came from the upstairs.

Having spent many years investigating crime professionally, sometimes assumption (or prejudice) is your worst enemy.

Once again, all the best Lynne and careful with that confetti!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do you sit to the right of North Lower lynne? nearer the NWD quadrant?
  • Options
    I'm feeling a lot better everyone. Just the odd dizzy spell and where they glued my wound it is stuck fast and finding it difficult to get out!! Any suggestions?
    On Saturday I was told that the coin just missed the guys sitting behind me. It appears that it was not thrown from the upper north but from somewhere in the lower north. Someone must have seen who threw it and need to let CAFC know. We don't want this kind of behaviour at Charlton!!
  • Options
    Glad your feeling better Lynne

So it was from the Lower now that will shock people on here how have it in for the younger fans in the upper
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: confetti lady[/cite]I'm feeling a lot better everyone. Just the odd dizzy spell and where they glued my wound it is stuck fast and finding it difficult to get out!! Any suggestions?
    On Saturday I was told that the coin just missed the guys sitting behind me. It appears that it was not thrown from the upper north but from somewhere in the lower north. Someone must have seen who threw it and need to let CAFC know. We don't want this kind of behaviour at Charlton!!

Glad you're feeling better, but I have to contradict what you have been told. There were at least two coins thrown from the NU, my mate watched the first one narrowly miss a couple of lads, the second one must have been the one that hit you because it was at the time Simon Francis balloned the ball into the away end.
  • Options
    Wow i could have been right? That's a bummer ain't it.
  • Options
    3 people in the J/H block told me the same story on Saturday as well, they saw a half full bottle launched from the upper, as well as coins.
  • Options
    i stand corrected
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Wow i could have been right? That's a bummer ain't it.

nope looks like you were wrong, i met people from the Nth Upper on Saturday who said that it was not just coins being thrown but bottle of coke as well that was nearly full.
  • Options
    would the boottle of coke have a lid on either?
  • Options
    No B was told coke went over some well peed off people
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really strange, i sit in the heart of the J block and me and others around have seen nothing trown. The last time a bottle was thrown from 2 guys at the back a steward came up and led them out, and that was over a year ago now.

Not all is how it 1st seems, consider the options. Im sure the club have studied the CCTV very closely for the last week or so, and if they can't come to a conclusion then nor should we. If they see evidence that it could have come from the North Lower then im sure they wil look into this with just as much suspicion.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Wow i could have been right? That's a bummer ain't it.

nope looks like you were wrong, i met people from the Nth Upper on Saturday who said that it was not just coins being thrown but bottle of coke as well that was nearly full.

You seem pretty sure about this bottle throwing and you seem pretty sure the coin came from the upper. Im not saying im right and im not saying your wrong, maybe you should take the same stance?

This bottle that has apparently been thrown, have you contacted the club? Would be alot easier to find the culprit for an object like this.
  • Options
    From what i can gather contact by 2 of them has been made to the club about where they sit and what direction the objects came from,
  • Options
    We are talking about 2 different incidents now. If a bottle was thrown then hopefully they get dealt with, would be alot more straight forward looking at the CCTV. Just amazing that more people wouldn't have seen a bottle thrown into the north lower. Last time a bottle was thrown agains't Millwall i think everyone see it! Either way, this doesn't solve the coin incident.
  • Options
    the lady doth protest too much, methinks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]We are talking about 2 different incidents now. If a bottle was thrown then hopefully they get dealt with, would be alot more straight forward looking at the CCTV. Just amazing that more people wouldn't have seen a bottle thrown into the north lower. Last time a bottle was thrown agains't Millwall i think everyone see it! Either way, this doesn't solve the coin incident.

I suspect not as many saw it as normally would because the bottle was thrown during the celebrations of our equaliser. I spoke to the club about it and they are pretty sure this is a different incident to the coin throwing (from wherever that came from). This would suggest that either one group were throwing stuff on multiple occasions (which kinds of rules out any accidental explanation) or that there were several people in different places chucking stuff about. In any event I hope that those involved are found and dealt with.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite] and if they can't come to a conclusion then nor should we. .[/quote]

Wow some common sense at last

But hey you wont change people
  • Options
    Nothing was thrown when we scored according to most on here. The coin inncendent happeing around the 75th Min and the bottle after that. If a bottle came down from the upper, surely half the north lower would be standing up looking back at the north upper with disgust.
  • Options
    a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_iac31.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite] and if they can't come to a conclusion then nor should we. .

Wow some common sense at last

But hey you wont change people

The person with the similar name as me on here should change it to avoid embarassment acording to some on here.

Not once has my opinion over-stepped the mark and not once can my opinons be ruled out.

I guess opinions against the regulars on here are looked down upon.

This is a serious matter that no matter what some people seem to say on here, is a rare incident, so all options should be looked at. That's all i ask.