Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Item thrown from north upper into lower

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Being straight after a goal reiterates my point, someone could have jumped up and let go?

Yeah, or maybe it was a was a Rover fan who chucked it in the air. A passing pigeon caught it in its beak and then dropped it flying over the NS.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]
    Could have been a kid nearby that was trying to flick a coin up.
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    That could be true but this lot are judge jury and execution so dont stand in there way.
    [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]
    Yet the CL smart arse's still joke about it.

There is an increasingly antagonistic tone growing on this site lately. I really don't know why that it is, but it is hugely disappointing and i can assure everyone it is not welcome, and won't be tolerated for much longer. Posts in the above thread give an example of that.

You've got to be a sandwich short of a picnic if you really think a 60yr old woman was hospitalised through a kid playing heads or tails. That could of been your mum or nan who was taken away in an ambulance last night.

As stated numerous times, if people want to use an internet forum to dig out the other people that post on it, or simply want to be provactive to get a reaction, then please use another site.

Hope you are all ok Lynne.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    Could have been a kid nearby that was trying to flick a coin up.
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    That could be true but this lot are judge jury and execution so dont stand in there way.
    [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]
    Yet the CL smart arse's still joke about it.

There is an increasingly antagonistic tone growing on this site lately. I really don't know why that it is, but it is hugely disappointing and i can assure everyone it is not welcome, and won't be tolerated for much longer. Posts in the above thread give an example of that.

You've got to be a sandwich short of a picnic if you really think a 60yr old woman was hospitalised through a kid playing heads or tails. That could of been your mum or nan who was taken away in an ambulance last night.

As stated numerous times, if people want to use an internet forum to dig out the other people that post on it, or simply want to be provactive to get a reaction, then please use another site.

Hope you are all ok Lynne.

If you read my past experiance up above you will understand why i take this view. Im not saying it wasn't thrown from the North Upper but it could have been a few scenarios..
  • Options
    Get well soon Confetti lady, thanks for posting

some people are morons and they should be punished string them up!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]On the wider issue, of course just because a fan sings, swears, smokes, stands up or slings around toilet roll doesn't mean that they throw coins or condone others doing it.

It does however, as Suzi implies, prove the point that she and others were trying to make.

Yes, make a noise and get behind the team vocally but because you choose to do so and feel that you are creating "an atmosphere" that does not give you total freedom to do what they like without any regard for others. There is a line and you need to be aware of what it is and not cross it.

As the old slogan says "your fist's freedom ends where my face begins". Being "passionate" is great but does not excuse ignoring other people's right to watch a game in the way they wish - which is just a valid and "proper" as yours - and making sure what is a good laugh for you, whether that is standing, swearing, pushing, chucking stuff around or even throwing coins, isn't a nasty or unpleasant experience for others.

There is a 0% chance of injury in the case of throwing bog roll, shouting, standing or being stupid. Throwing a coin is a different matter altogether. And it's not like drugs - bog roll isn't a "gateway missile"

I don't see how throwing bog roll around is any fun, but if it's what some people want to do among themselves, then it doesn't affect me. Annoying, maybe, but definitely not in the same category as coin-throwing. Some people seem to be jumping on this thread as being somehow related to some "chavs" throwing bog roll around among themselves in the East Stand last Tuesday, when really it's about some moron throwing coins at the Bristol Rovers players and confetti lady being seriously injured.

It reminds me a bit of the way some fans seem to 'enjoy' defeats because it gives them a chance to moan about Parkinson.

Best of luck to you again, Confetti Lady, and sorry to hear this news. I'm glad this moron hasn't kept you from supporting your club.
  • Options
    get well soon hope these scum bags are named and shamed and kicked out from charlton for life!!
  • Options
    Get well soon Confetti Lady, I think me, my Dad and my brother sat infront of you at Peterborough – don’t give up on the confetti…or Charlton !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]On the wider issue, of course just because a fan sings, swears, smokes, stands up or slings around toilet roll doesn't mean that they throw coins or condone others doing it.

It does however, as Suzi implies, prove the point that she and others were trying to make.

Yes, make a noise and get behind the team vocally but because you choose to do so and feel that you are creating "an atmosphere" that does not give you total freedom to do what they like without any regard for others. There is a line and you need to be aware of what it is and not cross it.

As the old slogan says "your fist's freedom ends where my face begins". Being "passionate" is great but does not excuse ignoring other people's right to watch a game in the way they wish - which is just a valid and "proper" as yours - and making sure what is a good laugh for you, whether that is standing, swearing, pushing, chucking stuff around or even throwing coins, isn't a nasty or unpleasant experience for others.

There is a 0% chance of injury in the case of throwing bog roll, shouting, standing or being stupid. Throwing a coin is a different matter altogether. And it's not like drugs - bog roll isn't a "gateway missile"

I don't see how throwing bog roll around is any fun, but if it's what some people want to do among themselves, then it doesn't affect me. Annoying, maybe, but definitely not in the same category as coin-throwing. Some people seem to be jumping on this thread as being somehow related to some "chavs" throwing bog roll around among themselves in the East Stand last Tuesday, when really it's about some moron throwing coins at the Bristol Rovers players and confetti lady being seriously injured.

It reminds me a bit of the way some fans seem to 'enjoy' defeats because it gives them a chance to moan about Parkinson.

Best of luck to you again, Confetti Lady, and sorry to hear this news. I'm glad this moron hasn't kept you from supporting your club.

I clearly stated that it was not comparing coin throwing with toilet roll throwing.

The point is about having some consideration for others and that applies to smoking in the toilets, standing in front of people who want to sit, swearing around kids or, although this is not a comparison, throwing bottles and coins.
  • Options
    First of all best wishes to Confetti Lady. It was clearly a very distressing, and no doubt painful, experience. Perhaps, if someone from the club sees this thread, they might think it would be a nice goodwill gesture to give her family some complimentaries for the next game for a place where there couldn't possibly be a repeat. If someone is found to have thrown it, then that crass stupidity and fully deserves a ban and a prosecution.

That said, I don't think we should rule out what CafcAndy is saying. It's not inconceivable that something could fall, especially immediately following a goal. In fact given the number of people who frequent the Upper North and the number of matches there are, perhaps it would be more of a surprise if nothing ever fell. It might be worth waiting to see if anything more comes out of an investigation before jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    Somebody got injured by a mindless fan throwing a coin. I'm just glad she's not seriously injured. I don't think there's much else to say on the subject.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    something so small falling or dropped would not cause you to go into severe shock or cause such injury. Why do some people always seek to defend such actions with arguements that just don't hold water.
  • Options
    Just heard some very interesting news on this topic. Watch this space.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]something so small falling or dropped would not cause you to go into severe shock or cause such injury. Why do some people always seek to defend such actions with arguements that just don't hold water.

For a lady apprently "effing and blinding" at everyone around her when the coin hit her, i find the picture on the OS amazing.

What head injuries did you suffer to your head confetti lady? If your head shows major swelling/bleeding ect then it is a case closed scenario (someone threw it from a distance).

Here is a test for people..Throw a pound a tiny bit above your head and let it fall..Yes it hurts and yes i would be mad.
  • Options
    is THAT your interesting news ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]something so small falling or dropped would not cause you to go into severe shock or cause such injury. Why do some people always seek to defend such actions with arguements that just don't hold water.

You seem to be a bit insensitive here, Large .....so I guess nothing like this has ever happened to you.

But a 60 year old lady supporter was struck by a coin, she has been hurt and she's suffered a traumatic reaction.
    You might dismiss this incident ...... but the club is treating it very seriously indeed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]is THAT your interesting news ?

No large, it isn't.
  • Options

Accelerating at a rate of 9.8 metres per second per second a £1 coin falling from the upper would bloody cane.
  • Options
    It was not thrown immediately after the goal. The incident took place at least 10 minutes after the goal, minimum, fact.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

You seem to be a bit insensitive here, Large .....so I guess nothing like this has ever happened to you.

But a 60 year old lady supporter was struck by a coin, she has been hurt and she's suffered a traumatic reaction.
    You might dismiss this incident ...... but the club is treating it very seriously indeed.
    Think you mis-interpreted Large's comment there Oggster.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_joe[/cite]It was not thrown immediately after the goal. The incident took place at least 10 minutes after the goal, minimum, fact.

So ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

For a lady apprently "effing and blinding" at everyone around her when the coin hit her, i find the picture on the OS amazing.

What head injuries did you suffer to your head confetti lady? If your head shows major swelling/bleeding ect then it is a case closed scenario (someone threw it from a distance).

Here is a test for people..Throw a pound a tiny bit above your head and let it fall..Yes it hurts and yes i would be mad.

Who actually are you defending? do you know who did it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]

Accelerating at a rate of 9.8 metres per second per second a £1 coin falling from the upper would bloody cane.

Would also cause massive amounts of blood or swelling, or both. I had the misfortune of being hit in the forehead by a palace fan at Charlton station by a 2 pence peice, never seen so much blood come out a tiny gash.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]

Not defending anyone Beds.

A family friend is looking into this case, and they DEFFINETLY are not rulling this scenario out.

If it was thrown with intent, ban the fucke* for life.
  • Options
    It saddens me that anybody can make light of a serious incident like this. We do have some morons who support us, as do other clubs but we certainly shouldn't excuse them for being morons. What sort of fun can you get throwing a coin from a height at people? Also, Elliot was in goal in front of the stand- do they think that would have helped his concentration. If anybody knows who did it or can pinpoint where it came from they have to get in touch with the club. I can't remember being so angry with our fans and so disapointed. DISGRACE!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]

Not defending anyone Beds.

A family friend is looking into this case, and they DEFFINETLY are not rulling this scenario out.

agreed
    If it was thrown with intent, ban the fucke* for life.
  • Options
    Hope Confetti lady recovers well. Mindless idiots that do things like that.

Credit to the club for not hiding or pretending it did not happen, the fact they have released the statement means there is more chance now of finding out the culprit and banning them.
  • Options
    There is a huge difference between people throwing bog roll at eachother and people getting the hump about that, than what has happend here. From what i recall of the bog roll throwing thread it was more about the mess it makes than the impact of the actual throwing of a bog roll between like minded people there is too much of a nanny state being aimed at some rowdy but harmless group of people who come in for the wrong stick

HOWEVER

Any Prick that takes it outside of their own group or throws something that was obviously intended to hurt someone proberly the goal keeper of the opposing team, is a complete tool and deserves whatever is given out to them,

If it is the same people who think racist chanting and complete shite spouting at away games that i witnessed last year or those that offer out people with their kids because they are asked not to smoke in the bogs .

Its about time you realised that you are not supporting our club you are dragging it through the dirt.

Keep your opinions to yourself and your actions to those of other teams that are as like minded yourselves if you are as tough as you think you are then you will know where to find those of the same thoughts as you dont bring what used to be called Shirts into your fun because some of those shirts might not give you the response you think
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Think you mis-interpreted Large's comment there Oggster.

Sorry if I have, WSS.

I read Large's post and thought his comments as dismissive of what had happened.
    If I've misunderstood what he wrote, then I'll be pleased to apologise to him.
  • Options
    Large was disputing Andy's theory that the coin that hit Confetti Lady was tossed from the lower NS rather than thrown from the upper.