Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Item thrown from north upper into lower

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]we are two pages further on I know but can I just say that a couple of people have misinterpreted my comment on page three. I posted in relation to another comment made without reproducing that comment and it therefore makes my comment seem insensitive and condoning what happened. This is certainly not the case as my initial comment on page one will testify, reproduced below :

[b]'that is extremely sad to hear. As Curb It says you really do have to despair with some of our fans. Probably those throwing toilet rolls who thought it funny and harmless have progressed to throwing other more damaging objects. I hope the Club find who it was and ban them for life and prosecute them.'[/b][/quote]

Probably why ? ? ? harmless fun with on loo roll and now this how can you say Probably thats so so wrong, might as wel lsay that bloke looks like a thug so he must be just by his looks FFS get a grip

See what i mean AFKA juge , jury and execution
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Large thats unfair,

When i was younger i used to go to charlton to mess around with my pals, We used to annoy people with our behaviour i am sure, mainly surging on the terraces when there was no need we used to chuck things at eachother normally someones tea cosy hat that we had pinched of off one of our crowds heads, but we were passionate and vocal and rowdy nothing wrong with that in fact it should be encouraged from some of the new blood that is coming through,

the support at the valley is woeful at times and it is going to be this lot that gets an atmosphere going and to insinuate without fact that it was the same people is just giving logs on a fire to the miserable lot who dont want theses younger generation any where near them or associated with the club because they dont act like an older fan.

I dont act the same any more but i like the fact that Charlton still pulls younger fans to them.

If it was one of these fans then shame on them and they deserve all the shite they will get, however it is more likely to be one of the nastier set of yoth that attend our games spouting off racist crap and constantly looking to antaginise those around them, i had my fill of it at Swindon away last year and i have seen it at games like Scunny when i was with Tel and Barnsey.

We have a youth following that looks and actively encourages conflict anyone who thinks we dont is crazy however there used to be cetain things that went with being part of those groups maybe it has changed i dont know but one rule was that you didnt involve Shirts in your idea of fun, maybe that unofficial rule should be re introduced.
  • Options
    Whoever threw the coin should be charged with assault or worse.

I would hope that the club find a couple of seats in the director's box on Saturday for the confetti lady and her husband .
  • Options
    Again, not condoing this in any way. But this mindless idiot has just widened the gap between the bores and the more rowdy ones.

It could have even been a supporter of another team (Millwall) that threw it? Im sure it will all come to light soon.

Keep the bog-roll out of this, we established it doesn't harm anyone, it just creates mess...Confetti anyone?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Granpa[/cite]As an old guy I perhaps take a sterner view than others. You can't throw a pound coin a distance without someone close by seeing it, and even if you are a friend you have a responsibility to pick up the phone, you don't need to give your name, and report the scumbag who did this. If you don't then you are as bad as them. If we have students or anyone else who are going to throw things in the crowd at the valley, then the Club need to take much stronger action to put a stop to it. For a start they should make it clear that anyone guilty of this will be banned for life, and if necessary proscecuted. Ask yourselves how you would like to see your Gran lying bleeding on a stretcher, and then do the right thing.
    Who actually said it was a student or a 'yoof'. It could have been a grown man (or woman). Whoever it was has no balls whatsoever. I saw everyone looking down at the front of the north upper, thinking someone was having an argument. To know that it was this is extremely disappointing. Get well soon Confetti Lady.

As for the 'yoof', I for one are getting annoyed with the constant barrage of youngsters getting a ticket and sitting wherever they like (10 or so 15 year olds sitting on the back row of the L block on Saturday only moved as people came to sit in their season ticket seats, and there again on Tuesday but the season ticket holders weren't there). And I'm only 22! I know that we're not selling out and there's always loads of empty seats, but people pay good money for their season tickets only for people to sit where they want. But that argument is for another thread.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]

Keep the bog-roll out of this, we established it doesn't harm anyone, it just creates mess...Confetti anyone?[/quote]

Don't watse your time it will be flogged to death and them so called Chav's will be blamed for almost anything that happens in the coming months
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]
    It could have even been a supporter of another team (Millwall) that threw it? Im sure it will all come to light soon.
    what a load of BS lets not turn a reasoned reasonably well thought out debate in to one that is full of cack Millsmall is noot the only club with P****s we have enough ourselves
  • Options
    Just to thank everyone again for their kind words. Yes, I shall be going on Saturday, might not be able to jump about as usual but I shall be there with my confetti as usual!! I'm not at work today because I'm still not 100% so am playing that one as each day comes.
    I am a great believer of passion being shown at football matches because it makes for a good atmosphere and is needed to get behind the boys to spur them on to win games. We know what it's like when there is no atmosphere and I believe makes for uninspiring football. The players will agree, I'm sure, that without the supporters making a racket makes a big difference to the way they perform. We all need encouragement and we need it in great volumes at The Valley if we want to win and get back into the Championship next term. So please let us stamp out the unnecessary behaviour and get behind the boys in a POSITIVE way. A lot of these problems are fuelled by alcohol consumed by people who don't know how to hold their drink and behave in an unacceptable way and the alcohol inside them makes them believe they are funny when the rest of the world doesn't!! Sad, but for a lot of people it is a fact. You can understand why Watford football club doesn't sell alcohol to away supporters but this doesn't really make any difference because people get tanked up beforehand and why should responsible drinkers be penalised!! Difficult one to call, anyway this is for a different thread. And whose to say the person who threw the coin was a drunk, a teenager, etc as has already been mentioned in other comments.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    what a load of BS lets not turn a reasoned reasonably well thought out debate in to one that is full of cack Millsmall is noot the only club with P****s we have enough ourselves
    Well i know for a fact that West Spam and Millwall fans where there on Tuesday. The same 2 causing trouble at Southend in the JPT by letting everyone around them know they are infact West Ham ect.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Ask yourself this question why would westham or millwall fans pay to go and see charlton vs Bristol Rovers on a freezing cold Tuesday evening.

For decades now the same old BS gets spouted out they may say they are shammers or Millsmall but they are not they are spotty little p****s with no allegance to anyone who try to intimidate and convince the gulible around them.

Millsmall and Shammers dont normally go to matches together unless they are belting 10 bells out of each other.

And 2 causing trouble would normally get ironed out its not as if there are 1000's of them

I despair
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seriously andy whoever is telling you this shit is doing you no favours
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Well i know for a fact that West Spam and Millwall fans where there on Tuesday. The same 2 causing trouble at Southend in the JPT by letting everyone around them know they are infact West Ham ect.

Seriously mate, how old are you? Regarding this discussion, you have come out with so much nonsense it's untrue.
  • Options
    There was idiot West Ham and Millwall supporters at the cup game last week, not that I'm saying they're anything to do with this.
  • Options
    What have i said :S?

The same chavvies in the L block always bring Millwall and West ham mates ect. Take a wonder to that area next home league game and tell me what you think. Throwing coins will be the last thing on your mind with the stuff you hear.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]There was idiot West Ham and Millwall supporters at the cup game last week, not that I'm saying they're anything to do with this.

mate we all know these divs say they are Shamsters and Millsmall but we also know that this is not true they are just prix who think it makes them tough and hard to say it

most people just look at them and think

you tosser
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]There was idiot West Ham and Millwall supporters at the cup game last week, not that I'm saying they're anything to do with this.

East Stand block B by any chance Player? One got pulled aside by the bald headed green team fella and started running his mouth. Turning round to the Charlton "troublemakers" saying im Millwall anyway.
  • Options
    edited November 2010

mate we all know these divs say they are Shamsters and Millsmall but we also know that this is not true they are just prix who think it makes them tough and hard to say it

you tosser

In a way, that's our point NLA. People with no ties to clubs and just come Charlton with mates because it's a cheap ticket. They are going to get bored, and they are going to play up. This is fact.
  • Options

you tosser

In a way, that's our point NLA. People with no ties to clubs and just come Charlton with mates because it's a cheap ticket. They are going to get bored, and they are going to play up. This is fact.

yes your right but that does not make them Millsmall of Wet Shamit makes them no mark no ones who if anything are Charlton through associtation do not for one minute think they are connected to the other 2 stains on the map of london
  • Options

you tosser

I know mate, I've brought along supporters of other teams before who've wanted to watch a game, but my mates aren't the type to go shouting there mouthes off about it, but sometimes you see people there, like the mug wearing a Millwall scarf the other day and you just think why do they f**king bother!

Anyway, I don't want to get into trouble for going off topic. I'm glad Mrs CL is going to be there Saturday and I hope the pr*k gets caught, I can't believe that no one would have seen him do it!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The bloke with the Millwall scarf that was at Barnet is often seen in the M block. That is also fact.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The mankini kid wasnt a Charlton fan was he.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]The bloke with the Millwall scarf is often seen in the M block. That is also fact.

Ok ask yourself this question

how many hard bstds wear a football scarf.
  • Options
    No he was with mates from School according to the facebook page.

Should i reiterate my point any more before the clique shoot me down again?
  • Options
    what clique i was having a reasoned question and answer debate with you

are you that unable to hold a conversation without acting like a child

Read what i have said to you digest it and then respond
  • Options
    Do you want me to sum up my points? The tell me where i have failed to debate a decent argument? All i have given are options of what it could have been. People seem pretty sure this is down to Charlton fans, when the fact is it could have been a number of things, Espescially with some of the types we now have coming to the odd game in the Covered End. Open your mind a bit yeah?
  • Options
    The fact that trouble has been caused in the past by non- Charlton supporters just reiterates my argument..
    Not once have i got a decent reply back, just being shot down for having an open mind.
  • Options
    I dont actually think we did get to the end of the loo roll debate, you've just decided that you were right. which i disagree with. I still maintain that if that loo roll happened to hit someone that it wasn't meant to and knocked their glasses off and they smashed there could be a potential upset which was why the stewards took the fella out. it wasn't 'just about the clearing up' although that was an additional point i happened to make. not a major one i admit.
    it was the potential of an issue that the stewards were trying to stop. maybe you should write a scale of items that are ok to be thrown around? starting at feathers and moving up to coins and let everyone know where the line can be drawn?

a rule of not throwing anything is far easier to follow for the consideration of your fellow supports, who are trying to watch the game, and support the team in whichever way they choose.

saw the pic of Confetti lady last night on the OS. Shocking. glad the pics were used so someone will shop whoever did it. young/old, fat/thin, charlton/millwall whoever.
  • Options
    The minute you said before the clique shoot you down

your point was that it couldve been millwall or wet spam no it couldnt they are not millsmall or wet spam they are divs with no alligence to anyone they are idiots who try to fool the guliible that they are hard millsmall or wetspam boys, there have been divs that have done that for decades.

I dont need to open my mind this was down to charlton fans even if it was not a " REAL" charlton fan who threw it, they are sitting with them they are surrounded by them yet people that pretend to be real charlton fans allow them to behave in this way
  • Options
    Your being naive mate.

We all know Millwall "fans" can range from the law abiding die hards, to the ones that have just seen the Football factory.

My point is, we have groups of people coming and sitting in the North Upper that have no ties to Charlton and just come for a laugh with the other chavvies and ruin it for others.
    This is a very rare incident and we have some GREAT fans up in the covered end. Don't put us all in one catogory.
  • Options
    Suzie we are not going to agree

football is a release people go to mess around and have a laugh with their mates you likened it to people messing up someones house i told you that it is not the same.

Is it wrong for the confetti lady to trow her confetti when her arm could knock the glasses off of the person next to her or cause tea to spill on the lap of the person next to her or behind her

No it isnt

Throwing an object that could cause damage (Bog roll and confetti in my opinion are not included in this list) on the other hand is wrong